New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    Thanks sa mga replies.... I have thought of these as well.. what if I would resell the revo/picanto and get a new 1, would it be faster to sell the revo at 450T or the picanto at 400T?

I was thinking of buying a bnew L3FB instead..
    i think that too many options are clouding your mind right now and it gets quite complicated/confusing to figure out what you really need to do when you mix and match different objectives (i.e. 03 revo or 08 picanto; then selling both and get a new L3FB, which by the way, how can you sell the picanto if you haven't swap it yet with the revo?).

Anyway, what i'm driving at, is that you need to list down your objectives and prioritize them accordingly. I'm sure that our fellow tsikoteers will be more than glad to share their input &/or advice, if they have a clearer picture of what your objectives, priorities, logistics, budget, your tolerance for maintenance, etc. are...

if i were you, keep the revo and spend less on maintenance and keep it properly maintained. getting a new L3FB will only add up to your cost, unless of course budget is not a problem. now, it will be a different story if the revo is getting to problematic, beyond your comfort level of maintenance, both time and cost... but if not, i believe it's more prudent to keep it.

hope this helps...
    Last edited by slamtaz; June 8th, 2009 at 06:04 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Tama, I'm confused on how to go about it na..

My objective is a Bnew L3FB... so I have to dispose my revo or picanto (if swap would happen)..

I was trying to sell my 03mdl revo since last april, kasi I was thinking of acquiring a bnew L3FB for all purpose use... but to no luck, prospect buyers are only willing to pay up to 350T which I think is not a fair price..

Then my brother came along and wanted a swap, I was thinking of the swap now that MAYBE, I could still sell the picanto at 400T... My bro textd me lastnight (jun 7), he will add 50T sa swap daw.. the deal is getting better...

I'm not familiar with the buy and sell thing... would I be better off selling the revo or picanto?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Tama, I'm confused on how to go about it na..

My objective is a Bnew L3FB... so I have to dispose my revo or picanto (if swap would happen)..

I was trying to sell my 03mdl revo since last april, kasi I was thinking of acquiring a bnew L3FB for all purpose use... but to no luck, prospect buyers are only willing to pay up to 350T which I think is not a fair price..

Then my brother came along and wanted a swap, I was thinking of the swap now that MAYBE, I could still sell the picanto at 400T... My bro textd me lastnight (jun 7), he will add 50T sa swap daw.. the deal is getting better...

I'm not familiar with the buy and sell thing... would I be better off selling the revo or picanto?
    your revo can probably be sold for more than 350k, especially since it's a diesel and a toyota. but the picanto will have a higher resale value, given its age.

if you do get a new car, there are other better choices than the L300FB (which has cabin cooling issues due to the large windows and the relatively poor aircon). base model crosswind or adventure perhaps?

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    your revo can probably be sold for more than 350k, especially since it's a diesel and a toyota. but the picanto will have a higher resale value, given its age.

if you do get a new car, there are other better choices than the L300FB (which has cabin cooling issues due to the large windows and the relatively poor aircon). base model crosswind or adventure perhaps?
    Tnx.. But I think after 1-2 years, the 03 revo will have a higher value than the 08mdl picanto, tama po ba ako?

Swap with the Picanto, but dispose it immediately. Take his 50k cash. Check out the trade-in value of the Pica, baka sakali less sakit ng ulo. Make sure to sell the Pica immediately, to take full advantage of the resale value now. Tama ka, in a year or two, laki ng depreciation value nyan.

If you decide to keep your Revo, you can bring it to ZeeCarplus or Cruvens. Sila experts sa suspension at kung ano pang lagatok. Sigurado mahahanap nila ang ingay sa ilalim.

http://www.cruven.net/
    http://www.zeecarplus.net/

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    advice po mga peeps..

I have an 03mdl revo diesel GL variant.. recently, I have replaced 3 new tires, brake pads and 4 ball joints.. pero lately, may tunog sa baba... the mechanic cant seem to figure out where the tunog is coming from...

my bro offered me to swap with his 08mdl picanto with just 1300 mileage.. sariwa pa masyado... I'm opting for the swap kasi I feel like my revo is starting to show signs of old age...meaning repairs are coming...

Some say revo is easier and cheaper to maintain than picanto... and that after few years, the 08mdl picanto will depreciate more in value than my 03mdl revo.. totoo ba?

is this a good swap for me (from revo to picanto) ? or should I just stay with revo AND fix whatever problems I will encounter?

Thanks in advance
    one of the reasons on selling a vehicle is if the repairs and maintenance costs would be higher (which happens if the car is too old) than the cost of resale if you are selling the vehicle.

for your case, i really dont know. you just have to make your computations. but, you really cannot squeeze in 5 people in a picanto.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It might come out that keeping the 03 Revo might be the cheaper option, especially when compared to buying a new vehicle to carry six people (plus cargo) in relative comfort. It would just be a matter of finding a good auto shop to fix the wear & tear problems and squeak/rattle/thud issues of the Revo.

Given you need to carry five people aside from the driver (total of six people), it is rather carrying a heavy load on roads with potholes, humps, ditches, etc. It might be better to bring the REVO to a shop where they can have a good look under the vehicle for the elusive thud-thud noise like SPEEDLAB or SPEEDYFIX. You can have it estimated there so you will know how much it would cost to fix.

For all the trouble of selling a car and then buying another one, all you might spend for the current vehicle you already own might be for a few rubber bushings and a replacement balljoint.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Tnx.. But I think after 1-2 years, the 03 revo will have a higher value than the 08mdl picanto, tama po ba ako?
    if you're deadset on getting a new vehicle, I agree with the idea of swapping, then selling the picanto immediately, especially with that 50k cash out ng bro mo.

otherwise, baka mas mura nga kung maparepair nalang

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks sa mga inputs guys... nag swap na kami...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
03 revo or 08 Picanto