New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    advice po mga peeps..

I have an 03mdl revo diesel GL variant.. recently, I have replaced 3 new tires, brake pads and 4 ball joints.. pero lately, may tunog sa baba... the mechanic cant seem to figure out where the tunog is coming from...

my bro offered me to swap with his 08mdl picanto with just 1300 mileage.. sariwa pa masyado... I'm opting for the swap kasi I feel like my revo is starting to show signs of old age...meaning repairs are coming...

Some say revo is easier and cheaper to maintain than picanto... and that after few years, the 08mdl picanto will depreciate more in value than my 03mdl revo.. totoo ba?

is this a good swap for me (from revo to picanto) ? or should I just stay with revo AND fix whatever problems I will encounter?

Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    a 1 year old vehicle for a 6 year old? ayos yan a. siguraduhin mo lang na hindi lemon unit yung picanto.

Also depends on your needs. Do you haul people or cargo often? The picanto is a far less capable vehicle than the revo when it comes to space.

btw, ano yung noise? lagatok? metal to metal?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    a 1 year old vehicle for a 6 year old? ayos yan a. siguraduhin mo lang na hindi lemon unit yung picanto.

Also depends on your needs. Do you haul people or cargo often? The picanto is a far less capable vehicle than the revo when it comes to space.

btw, ano yung noise? lagatok? metal to metal?
    It sounds like dug-dug.. parang rubber to metal... Di consistent, on rough or smooth surfaces... minsan meron, minsan wala... we tried to drive it very slowly on rough road...walang tunog.. hahaha

Kung ibenta ko sa future, I was counting on the depreciation value, by 2011 the picanto would value be less than 300T, while the revo I think mas mataas pa sa 300t.. kaya hesitant ako..

Usual passenger ko sa revo is my wife, 3kids and 2 yayas... kaya ba nga picanto? The clear prob i saw is the luggage space... I think even grocery items won't fit in. hehehe

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Maintain mo na lang revo mo. I did not spend much on maintenance on my 1999 model revo bago ko nabenta last year (break pad, upper and lower ball joint lang napalitan ko due to wear and tear aside from the normal change oil and filters) . Besides di kaya ng picanto ( was able to ride also in a picanto ) yung passenger mo plus cargo. Kung magpapalit ka, get a family carrier. Just my 2 cents.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post

Usual passenger ko sa revo is my wife, 3kids and 2 yayas... kaya ba nga picanto? The clear prob i saw is the luggage space... I think even grocery items won't fit in. hehehe
    Judging by the number of passengers, hindi kakasya yan sa Picanto. You also have to take into consideration that your kids are growing, if you get the Picanto, sooner or later you'll have sell it again for a bigger car.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    With 3kids inside a picanto means they'll have limited or no liberty at all to move comfortably, alam mo na mga kids can't sit still especially longer travels.
    Better keep the revo sir.. judging the occupants you'll have when you travel.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir, 6 passengers is asking too much for the picanto...

you're better off with sticking your revo.

about the suspension problem, try posting in the workshop section of the forum, there are people there who can help

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    fixing the revo shouldn't be THAT expensive. and your bro probably knows it, too. because he's willing to exchange his almost-new picanto for it. besides, you need the revo's carrying capacity. "'wag maging takaw-tingin."

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    value-wise.... stick with the revo...

i know so because i had the chance to own one before and your regular use/load is pretty similar to my case.

besides the only upside that i see in favor of the picanto is it's relatively new. but i bet that down the road and through the years, the revo will prove more meaningful to you as it relates to your family. avoid remorse and focus on the priorities on why you have vehicle. as for the cost of having it repaired, look at it this way...

you'll spend now for the revo but that will definitely add back value to your everyday use whereas the picanto, im sure is not immune to having problems and sooner or may even be a lot earlier than you hope, you will have to spend on the picanto's maintenance as well... remorse will surely kick in... you need to realize that you will have to spend on both vehicles' maintenance either way...

keep the revo... it's easier to maintain, much more flexible in use (both as a workhorse and people hauler) plus i agree with the earlier post that your bro most likely knows it, that's why he's willing to get your revo and rid himself of the picanto...

my :twocents:

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtaz View Post
    value-wise.... stick with the revo...

i know so because i had the chance to own one before and your regular use/load is pretty similar to my case.

besides the only upside that i see in favor of the picanto is it's relatively new. but i bet that down the road and through the years, the revo will prove more meaningful to you as it relates to your family. avoid remorse and focus on the priorities on why you have vehicle. as for the cost of having it repaired, look at it this way...

you'll spend now for the revo but that will definitely add back value to your everyday use whereas the picanto, im sure is not immune to having problems and sooner or may even be a lot earlier than you hope, you will have to spend on the picanto's maintenance as well... remorse will surely kick in... you need to realize that you will have to spend on both vehicles' maintenance either way...

keep the revo... it's easier to maintain, much more flexible in use (both as a workhorse and people hauler) plus i agree with the earlier post that your bro most likely knows it, that's why he's willing to get your revo and rid himself of the picanto...

my :twocents:
    Thanks sa mga replies.... I have thought of these as well.. what if I would resell the revo/picanto and get a new 1, would it be faster to sell the revo at 450T or the picanto at 400T?

I was thinking of buying a bnew L3FB instead..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
03 revo or 08 Picanto