...but will we...?
    heh heh.

apologies.
    ...couldn't resist.
    Iiwas na lang ako sa lugar ni ts. Hahaha

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Wag ka mag alala sir, Laguna naman kami naka base kaya malayo sa metro manila . Madalas din sa metro pero hindi naman araw araw.

Yung budget kasi hanggang 1.1M lang talaga. Yan kasi napag usapan namin ni misis. Marami mas priority kaya hindi na pwede lumagpas.

Yung xv kasi mahal na masyado haha,

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Hirao nga to match ncap scores but nabring up ko since airbag related and driver side pa. So head and side impact marginal lang hindi man umabot as adequate.

Ito yung sa honda city but ancap naman.
    HONDA City 217 - GM MY18 VTi Sedan 4dr Man 5sp 1.5i | How Safe Is Your Car

As brought up, xv looks better, assuming you will choose without your daughter providing any other input.

Ancap score
    Subaru XV (May 217 – onwards) Crash Test Results | ANCAP

Ncap score
    Official Subaru XV safety rating

So my vote naturally floats to xv or since it exceeds, somewhere along the lines of the honda city.

For honda only the brv can be considered an option at the price using similar platform to city (or was it civic). Cant find ncap, just asean ncap.
    HONDA BR-V – Aseancap

Adult occupant protection is 4 out of 5.
    I wish they sold a cheaper 5 seater model still for those that dont need the rear row but it is what it is here in our market.

Edit: adding the jimny ancap here just for fairness. Still same findings 3 of 5 here for adult occupant protection.
    Suzuki Jimny (Jan 219 – onwards) Crash Test Results | ANCAP

No asean ncap found.

Now, im not here to say no one should buy the jimny. The difference here is it is for someone's daughter. So i put a premium on safety more when it isnt own use.

I would personally love to use the jimny for trips 'off the beaten path'.

Edit 2: i mentioned the brv since ts mentioned sedans didnt provide enough suspension travel in their neck of the woods.

The geely coolray and mg deserve a look though i personally have no info on them except price and specs.

And maybe if time permits, maybe kia seltos if it is within ts' time frame?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Get a used XV, if you’re open to getting her a used one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    wait for the kia seltos..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Hirao nga to match ncap scores but nabring up ko since airbag related and driver side pa. So head and side impact marginal lang hindi man umabot as adequate.

Ito yung sa honda city but ancap naman.
    HONDA City 217 - GM MY18 VTi Sedan 4dr Man 5sp 1.5i | How Safe Is Your Car

As brought up, xv looks better, assuming you will choose without your daughter providing any other input.

Ancap score
    Subaru XV (May 217 – onwards) Crash Test Results | ANCAP

Ncap score
    Official Subaru XV safety rating

So my vote naturally floats to xv or since it exceeds, somewhere along the lines of the honda city.

For honda only the brv can be considered an option at the price using similar platform to city (or was it civic). Cant find ncap, just asean ncap.
    HONDA BR-V – Aseancap

Adult occupant protection is 4 out of 5.
    I wish they sold a cheaper 5 seater model still for those that dont need the rear row but it is what it is here in our market.

Edit: adding the jimny ancap here just for fairness. Still same findings 3 of 5 here for adult occupant protection.
    Suzuki Jimny (Jan 219 – onwards) Crash Test Results | ANCAP

No asean ncap found.

Now, im not here to say no one should buy the jimny. The difference here is it is for someone's daughter. So i put a premium on safety more when it isnt own use.

I would personally love to use the jimny for trips 'off the beaten path'.

Edit 2: i mentioned the brv since ts mentioned sedans didnt provide enough suspension travel in their neck of the woods.

The geely coolray and mg deserve a look though i personally have no info on them except price and specs.

And maybe if time permits, maybe kia seltos if it is within ts' time frame?
    Safety is always a plus, especially when the actual drive, route, traffic, road conditions of a car buyer are similar to those simulated by all the mandated crash tests. If the potential buyer sees frequent freeways, the premium is even more justified.
    In our neckodawoods, we see bumper2bumper everywhere everyday. Floods upon every brief heavy downpour. Potholes all over. As cars become more tech-loaded, not only will maintenance cost & difficulty shoot up, owners of such will likely be left w/ fewer or no outside dealership options.
    The Jimny has remained mechanically simple & generic, tech-lite, and perfect for Ph urban terrain, traffic. Plus, it's offroad capable.[emoji4]
    Again, not saying to ignore safety. And if we're to narrow the choices basing on that, then the often overlooked cool youthful nonCVT CX3 might tick all em boxes, too. There should be good used ones still under Yojin out there.[emoji4]
    https://www.autoblog.com/buy/2018-Ma...afety-ratings/

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Safety is always a plus, especially when the actual drive, route, traffic, road conditions of a car buyer are similar to those simulated by all the mandated crash tests. If the potential buyer sees frequent freeways, the premium is even more justified.
    In our neckodawoods, we see bumper2bumper everywhere everyday. Floods upon every brief heavy downpour. Potholes all over. As cars become more tech-loaded, not only will maintenance cost & difficulty shoot up, owners of such will likely be left w/ fewer or no outside dealership options.
    The Jimny has remained mechanically simple & generic, tech-lite, and perfect for Ph urban terrain, traffic. Plus, it's offroad capable.[emoji4]
    Again, not saying to ignore safety. And if we're to narrow the choices basing on that, then the often overlooked cool youthful nonCVT CX3 might tick all em boxes, too. There should be good used ones still under Yojin out there.[emoji4]
    218 Mazda CX-3 Crash Test Ratings | Autoblog

Ah, the cx3. Is it finally back along with the new mazda3?

But yes, the cx3 is a nice car. The backseat is not that spacious but it's for ts' daughter so that's not a big issue. Ü

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TsekwangBakla View Post
    Wala sir. bakit mo naman natanong?
    OT:

First bro, your handle catches attention. May I know why the choice of the handle?

Second, Jimny, Old (Blue) CRV and Sta.Fe are known rides of a famous and arguably beloved tsikoteer who has spawned into multiple personalities....

Btt:
    Good hunting on your daughter's ride... At P1.1M budget, you've got a lot of choices and so should be happy with whatever is decided.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Vitara next is other brand then Xpander...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Ah, the cx3. Is it finally back along with the new mazda3?

But yes, the cx3 is a nice car. The backseat is not that spacious but it's for ts' daughter so that's not a big issue. Ü
    There might be a few left. The CX30 might be its replacement here.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast