New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    I have a girl officemate who just got a new Strada as a second car, but now wishes she got a jimny instead.

If I'm the daughter I would like a Jimny too. Xpander, Vitara or other brand?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Those 7seaters & pickups are best owned by someone else in the barkada.Xpander, Vitara or other brand?
    Sorry to be square. OCD affliction gets 1 to imagine all the cleaning, maintenance & ninja chores.Xpander, Vitara or other brand?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Haha.
    On the other side, palaging kasama sa outing since you are the owner.

But true, it will be the taxi of the whole barkada / section.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Get a Civic or a City. They are more practical. You don’t really need a small crossover (Vitara) or a small MPV (Xpander).

If you want a small crossover, get the XV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But a 1st car is expected to have battlescars. I'd go rugged w/ a good insurance policy. Practical can come later when the skills are honed. Just my 2cents.Xpander, Vitara or other brand?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Vitara for an 18 yr old young lady? Come on.

Get a sedan for her or a crossover.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    It's not gonna be a family car, but personal. The budget is right there. If I were her dad, it'll be the JIMNY w/o thinking & blinking. It doesn't go fast(added peace of mind), but fun, easy, perfect.Xpander, Vitara or other brand?Xpander, Vitara or other brand?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    I know it's supposed to be a surprise but wouldn't it be better if she gets a car she actually likes? You wouldn't want to hear her say "I wished dad got me this and that instead".

Why not schedule a date with her and then tell her you're shopping for a car. Her car. Then let her choose.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Just checked the jimny's ncap rating. It is 3 out 5. Now i know in terms of the autonomous safety features it scores low so i disregarded that.

But this specific comment pertained to the driver side airbag in the pdf report

"In the frontal offset test, there was insufficient pressure in the driver's airbag to prevent it from 'bottoming out', allowing the head to contact
    the steering wheel. The score for the head was penalised for the behaviour of the airbag and the displacement of the steering wheel, and
    protection for this part of the body was rated as marginal. The passenger compartment was extensively deformed in the offset test,
    especially around the door-frame and the score for the driver's chest was penalised for this unstable collapse. Combined with marginal
    dummy readings, protection for this body area was rated as weak. Although dummy readings indicated good protection of the knees and
    femurs of both driver and passenger, structures in the instrument panel and dashboard were thought to pose a risk of injury to occupants
    of different sizes, and protection was rated as marginal. In the full-width, rigid-barrier impact protection of the head of the rear passenger
    dummy was rated as weak, based on dummy readings during the test and protection of the chest of both driver and rear passenger was
    marginal. Tests on the front seats and head restraints showed marginal protection against whiplash injury in a rear impact. A geometric
    assessment of the rear seats indicated good protection. The standard-fit autonomous emergency braking (AEB) system performed well in
    tests of its functionality at the low speeds, typical of city driving, at which many whiplash injuries are caused. However, the Jimny did not
    qualify for these points as Euro NCAP requires good head restraint performance as a pre-requisite for AEB points."

So for me, if it were my daughter, i wouldn't as accidents do happen. Even if not caused by her, some moron on the road could suddenly cause it for her.

Just my two cents.

The report was found here.

Official Suzuki Jimny safety rating

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i wonder... what locally available car in TS's price range, has a good ncap rating?
    Last edited by dr. d; September 8th, 2019 at 09:20 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    But a 1st car is expected to have battlescars. I'd go rugged w/ a good insurance policy. Practical can come later when the skills are honed. Just my 2cents.Xpander, Vitara or other brand?

So if that’s the case, the City is a practical choice. 900k and it can do what the Vitara can do anyway, maybe even better in the performance and handling aspect. Or maybe the Jazz.

However, I would go with LM’s suggestion. Let the daughter decide what she wants to drive.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Salamat sa mga sinabi nyo. Ang hirap nga pala pag sorpresa baka hindi magustuhan.

Wala naman barkada na marami sasakay. Meron kami na nv350 premium na pwede gamitin pag may barkadahan lakad, may driver pa sila.

Yung bibilhin para sa kanya lang talaga, ayaw nya ng sedan base sa mga nakaraang usapan kasi madami humps at hindi pantay na kalye dito sa amin, yung nagagamit nya na lancer cedia ay puro gasgas na, kaya yung medyo mataas na ground clearance sana

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast