New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by frake View Post
    *Bin Diesel - Maraming salamat po sa inputs and advice. I really appreciate it. Message well noted po. If i will ask you po, alin po ang mas prefer nyo, Tribute or Escape?
    Tribute dahil sa relatively mas bago makukuha mo same price range may moon roof ka pa na bonus. Type mo lang escape or tribute sa sulit and you'll see what I mean.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    Tribute dahil sa relatively mas bago makukuha mo same price range may moon roof ka pa na bonus. Type mo lang escape or tribute sa sulit and you'll see what I mean.
    Many thanks for this, sir. I really appreciate it very much.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well... Personally, mas gusto ko ang dating ng Escape. Makisig ang itsura. And then there's the availability of 4WD which is totally absent in the Tribute. Yung Tribute kasi medyo generic Japan ang itsura eh. Inside, halos pareho lang naman ang dalawa, and I really like the way they designed the interior. Pero kung napakalaking bagay sayo ang fuel consumption then the Tribute is the only one with the 2.3L engine and power moonroof. Also interesting to note that the Tribute has a grey interior versus the Escape's beige so it is easier to clean. We have a 2010 Escape 2.3XLS in Taiwan and I was told that though nothing like the 3.0V6, the 2.3L offers good power naman, and that reaching speeds of 190-200km/h should not be much of a problem. The FC it gets there is around 9-10km/L city, take note that Taiwanese traffic conditions (especially since hindi kami sa capital) are very much like American traffic conditions. However, 2.3L Tribute's are surprisingly rare in the 2nd hand market, I'll do my best to find some for you.

Check out the following ads:
    Sulit ID 4276994, 4151271, 4511107, 4481068, 4662288, 4746921
    Last edited by GTi; January 14th, 2012 at 01:18 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Well... Personally, mas gusto ko ang dating ng Escape. Makisig ang itsura. And then there's the availability of 4WD which is totally absent in the Tribute. Yung Tribute kasi medyo generic Japan ang itsura eh. Inside, halos pareho lang naman ang dalawa, and I really like the way they designed the interior. Pero kung napakalaking bagay sayo ang fuel consumption then the Tribute is the only one with the 2.3L engine and power moonroof. Also interesting to note that the Tribute has a grey interior versus the Escape's beige so it is easier to clean. We have a 2010 Escape 2.3XLS in Taiwan and I was told that though nothing like the 3.0V6, the 2.3L offers good power naman, and that reaching speeds of 190-200km/h should not be much of a problem. The FC it gets there is around 9-10km/L city, take note that Taiwanese traffic conditions (especially since hindi kami sa capital) are very much like American traffic conditions. However, 2.3L Tribute's are surprisingly rare in the 2nd hand market, I'll do my best to find some for you.

Check out the following ads:
    Sulit ID 4276994, 4151271, 4511107, 4481068, 4662288, 4746921
    Hi Sir GTi, thank you very much po sa very informative feedback. I will keep in mind everything you, and all our fellow tsikoteers, said. I'll check the ads din po and thank you so very much po sa mga iyon. I really appreciate it very much
    At the moment my wife and I considering the Ford Escape but both of us are willing to see the Escape & Tribute. After that we'll make our decision na siguro...pero...wala pa yung money on hand...hahaha!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    hello to my good sirs and fellow tsikoteers, my wife and I planning to check some Escapes & Tributes this coming weekend. Hope to have a good run.

Thank you very much

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hello to my good sirs and fellow tsikoteers, my wife and I planning to check some Escapes & Tributes this coming weekend. Hope to have a good run.

Thank you very much
    Goodluck. Take your time and its good to go around and look at several vehicles before deciding

If you happen by The Fort, try checking also Ford Global City. They have a good number of trade-in vehicles there and we were able to get our Ford Escape and Ford Everest from them before at pretty fair prices (these were either trade-in or demo units). Check out also the Manila Bulletin Classified ads on Sunday. Marami dyan.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    sir TS, matanong ko lang po, anu pa po ibang naiisip nyong choice except for the escape?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Goodluck. Take your time and its good to go around and look at several vehicles before deciding

If you happen by The Fort, try checking also Ford Global City. They have a good number of trade-in vehicles there and we were able to get our Ford Escape and Ford Everest from them before at pretty fair prices (these were either trade-in or demo units). Check out also the Manila Bulletin Classified ads on Sunday. Marami dyan.
    thank you very much for the info, sir vinj. If ever mapalapit kami sa The Fort, I will check Ford Global City. Well noted din po sa Manila Bulletin Classified ads. Very helpful po. Maraming salamat, sir.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ericson21 View Post
    sir TS, matanong ko lang po, anu pa po ibang naiisip nyong choice except for the escape?
    Hi Sir ericson21, 1st choice ko po talaga is Trooper. Kaso, sa price, hindi kakayanin.
    2nd, Innova, kaso sa price din. Kaya Escape napili ko, kasi makakapasok yung budget ko na, upto 350k

Meron po ba kayo masa-suggest na sasakyan, sir?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi Sir ericson21, 1st choice ko po talaga is Trooper. Kaso, sa price, hindi kakayanin.
    2nd, Innova, kaso sa price din. Kaya Escape napili ko, kasi makakapasok yung budget ko na, upto 350k

Meron po ba kayo masa-suggest na sasakyan, sir?
    Haha!~ Dapat pala binenta ko sayo Trooper namin which we just sold last month. Pero OK din yan na di mo kinuha ang Trooper dahil kapag di ka sobrang maalaga napakaselan ng sasakyan ng yan. Kung tiningnan mo ang Trooper thread sa Isuzu section you will see the headaches the people are having with it, although we ourselves had relatively little problems with it for the eight years it had been with us except for some alternator problems (replaced with higher capacity alternator) and the injector problems (replaced by Isuzu for free). Once nagkaproblema yung turbo, and we were tricked by the mechanic to replacing the whole thing although much later nalaman namin na pwede pala ayusin.

There are very few local cars with standard power moonroof so the Tribute and V6 Escape are pretty much the best options you can get. There are the Lynx 1.6Ghia and 2.0RS, Focus 2.0, Mazda 3 2.0, Nissan Cefiro Elite, Nissan Exalta and that's pretty much it. Still, the Escape/Tribute would be the best choice since it the power moonroof, lots of space and a higher ground clearance. Although of course most converted Japan surplus cars have standard power moonroofs, should you be considering those be sure to get a newer unit since the older ones have bigger tendencies of leaking!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Why should i consider Ford Escape (2nd hand) Please help to decide.