New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    just a suggestion:
    if you'd really like to buy a car, then follow what your heart says; if budget is constraint; then try to apply for a car loan in a Bank and once approved buy the car of your dreams....
    Here's what you do; if you have 800k in hand; then pay it all as DP and pay the remaining balance by monthly ammortization; since you have a big DP most probably your monthly fee would only be around 6k-10k depending on the car manufacturer though....

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrone View Post
    Looks are subjective

The thread starter, said he wanted a manual so he's looking at a 1.4 Accent, which for the price it has would imply it would be a bit bare.
    Hehe... IMO nga eh, IMO... haha... I like the way it took the more luxurious route. The City looks nice too, but its getting quite stale as its numbers increase on the road. You may want to consider the Cruze 1.8L M/T (808k), Great Wall Coolbear (695k), Hyundai Accent CRDi VGT (700k) and the Suzuki Swift (730k).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A popular car model is popular for a reason. It could be practical, durable, easy to maintain, nice styling, great price, etc.

Choosing a certain car over another simply for the reason of "to be different" is a flawed excuse for "individuality".

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks guys. You all have been very helpful.

For starters, the thread starter is a SHE, which I guess is kind of rare in the forum. So guys, being a girl could also be a factor to consider. ALthough, I would like to think that I drive better than most of them (LOL). Here is the thing, I'm tired of driving "big cars". I used to drive our family cars (both Revo and Innova).

I was eyeing on a mini-SUV like Jimny last year (since it is within my budget). However, heard things about suspension, speed etc. So I decided not to pursue it.

I'm not partial on the sedan thing, since I feel it's too formal for me. So now comes the subcompact thing which honestly didn't consider before. So from reading all the suggestions, I'm swaying towards Mazda and Fiesta. What do you guys think, am I moving towards the right direction? Oh as for the Accent, I've seen it and it doesn't suit me.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hydra925 View Post
    Thanks guys. You all have been very helpful.

For starters, the thread starter is a SHE, which I guess is kind of rare in the forum. So guys, being a girl could also be a factor to consider. ALthough, I would like to think that I drive better than most of them (LOL). Here is the thing, I'm tired of driving "big cars". I used to drive our family cars (both Revo and Innova).

I was eyeing on a mini-SUV like Jimny last year (since it is within my budget). However, heard things about suspension, speed etc. So I decided not to pursue it.

I'm not partial on the sedan thing, since I feel it's too formal for me. So now comes the subcompact thing which honestly didn't consider before. So from reading all the suggestions, I'm swaying towards Mazda and Fiesta. What do you guys think, am I moving towards the right direction? Oh as for the Accent, I've seen it and it doesn't suit me.
    How about if you could also consider the KIA SOUL 1.6 M/T or go for the LX 2.0 M/T its nice, girly and fun to drive.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; December 20th, 2010 at 01:02 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hydra925 View Post

How about if you could also consider the KIA SOUL 1.6 M/T or go for the LX 2.0 M/T its nice, girly and fun to drive.
    kaloka, sorry I just checked the price of the Soul, grabe ang price di kaya ng budget ko. But thanks for the suggestion though
    Last edited by ghosthunter; December 20th, 2010 at 01:02 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    [quote=hydra925;1636700]
    Quote Originally Posted by rog69 View Post

kaloka, sorry I just checked the price of the Soul, grabe ang price di kaya ng budget ko. But thanks for the suggestion though
    the 2.0 LX price is higher than your allocated budget yah, I agree. but the 1.6 is within your budget 800k lang LX. You can visit KIA dealers or call Aries a sales agent sa KIA ORTIGAS 09196500524.

Soul is a worth and fun to drive.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Test drive see which is more comfortable,fun to drive, and take a good hard look at it, if the car is able to make you look forward to driving(make you feel special) then that is the car for you, the subcompact market right now is ultra competitive, I'm sure you can never go wrong with any of them.

If you're worried that the Accent might turn into a Taxi fleet, it is a possibility if they release their Diesels. I do like the mini-tucson look, much better executed than the 2011 Elantra.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    for you Mam I suggest the Mazda 2 1.5 M/T (sedan). a steal at P725k...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    for you Mam I suggest the Mazda 2 1.5 M/T (sedan). a steal at P725k...
    Don't you guys find the leg, elbow and head room in the mazda2 sedan too small and close - not a comfy ride for all passengers, rear and front? Though the price given to me a sales mgr. i talked to is giving me 635k 1.3 sedan( a good deal right?)

we are in the same boat girl!!!(hydra). I'm is still contemplating on my first car purchase. IMHO the Cruze is leading in my book, though unfortunately i am "financially challenged"(heck i might have to get a part time job for a year for this to be feasible)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
SUGGESTIONS for a NEW CAR