New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    The cheapest XV lang naman... almost the same pala ng RAV4 nasa 1.6M ang available.

But problem with RAV4 wala stock ata lagi... and I called my friend in Toyota may problem ang RAV4 regarding parts availability kasi kunti lang daw bumibili nun.
    Mas marami pa ata Camry buyers which Toyota dealers don't store much on their inventory. No test drives also for the Camry and for order basis only.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The cheapest XV lang naman... almost the same pala ng RAV4 nasa 1.6M ang available.

But problem with RAV4 wala stock ata lagi... and I called my friend in Toyota may problem ang RAV4 regarding parts availability kasi kunti lang daw bumibili nun.
    We have a 15 year old '03 camry you don't see so often on the road anymore. Parts sa Toyota aren't so bad.

Current RAV4 shares engine with the current camry, so at least semi covered ka dun. plus I've never heard of any toyota na 'nawalan ng piyesa sa planta'.

Pero I guess it's a legitimate concern. Not sure lang ano local lifetime sales ng current generation RAV4 which is nearing end of life vs last generation XV (just to make a good comparison)
    Last edited by mda; October 11th, 2018 at 03:30 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Based on some quick checking, the RAV4 sold 1000 units last year:

https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/indu...00012-20180123

Subaru as a brand sold 3000 units in 2016.

218 Subaru XV to Arrive in Philippines by Q3 217 | Philippine Car News, Car Reviews, Automotive Features, and New Car Prices | ************

I see more foresters than XVs so the number of XVs sold probably aren't a lot more than the RAVs. I am also assuming that Subaru didn't have crazy 2017 wherein nag triple yung sales or something.

Guesstimates lang lahat ito though. By this reasoning, I suppose parts for the XV should probably be == parts for the RAV4.
    Last edited by mda; October 11th, 2018 at 04:06 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Current RAV4 shares engine with the current camry, so at least semi covered ka dun. plus I've never heard of any toyota na 'nawalan ng piyesa sa planta'.
    Yes sir hindi nawawaln ng piyesa sa planta ang Fortuner, Vios and yung mga mabili na Model sa kanila but yung hindi masyado mabenta hindi sila ganun nagstore ng Parts.

Yun din naiisip ko may nagsabi din sa akin na Sobrang Mahal ng piyesa ng subaru at mahirap maghagilap paglagagpas na ng 3years puro Casa pa din.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Yes sir hindi nawawaln ng piyesa sa planta ang Fortuner, Vios and yung mga mabili na Model sa kanila but yung hindi masyado mabenta hindi sila ganun nagstore ng Parts.

Yun din naiisip ko may nagsabi din sa akin na Sobrang Mahal ng piyesa ng subaru at mahirap maghagilap paglagagpas na ng 3years puro Casa pa din.
    Innova? It's in the budget and you get a lot of car/metal for your money. The G's [available in Diesel] interior is not so plain looking.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Innova? It's in the budget and you get a lot of car/metal for your money. The G's [available in Diesel] interior is not so plain looking.
    Dami naka Innova sa office eh. hehehe

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Yung Montero and Fortuner may 100-200k off ata sa ngayon.

Civic RS also in the 1.5m range pero stretching the budget na ata.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ask some VW dealers if they still have a few units left of the Golf GTS wagon.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Ask some VW dealers if they still have a few units left of the Golf GTS wagon.
    Pwede rin but if (perception of) availability of future parts is a consideration, mas malala pa yun kesa sa RAV4 and Subarus hehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Among your choices and based on your replies... you are left with rush and xpander...

Test mo na lang yung two... feel ko you will be delighted sa xpander pero yung discount ni rush nakakatempt din...

If i have no other choice and limited lang among the two, kay xpander ako tanggap ko yung 2 airbags lang hehhe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast