New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Pag binenta mo camry mas mura pa or singpresyo ng toyota coroola or even sa totl na vios, nakakaawa mga first owners nyan.
    Never needed to sell our camry, 100k kms all city driving (or maybe 95% metro manila) and 15 years in, and still no intention to sell hehe...

One of the most durable vehicles we have currently. Cost of running isn't so bad when you don't have a lot of non-wear-and-tear repairs.

And it still rides better than a fortuner...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    All compact gasoline suvs are not really collectible suvs so stay away from those cars: crv, rav4, tucson, forester, asx, escape, cx5, cx7, juke, xtrail. They are like sedans, expensive but no value really.

If we talk about SUVs dapat starting sa mid-size, the new crv diesel, i would want one, kasi malaki na eh

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Most first owners of those cars don't really care about resale value. Tanggap na nila mababa resale ng midsize but they buy it anyway. Konti lang yun, hundreds vs tens of thousands of PPV buyers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I see T86 owners get bullied on the streets during rush hour. In fact they get bullied by Isuzu light trucks and even UV express commuter vans,

Meron pa nga nagbaba ng bintana in the morning to show them who they are, then pag ag bully makita mo pikon na muka na sinasars bintana. And then madalas gutom sila kasi they cant be caught buying in a ministop or jollibee drive thru.

Tapos alam kung ano pinakamasakit, pusong-mamon sila pag di maka-park malapit sa entrance ng mall. Too much emotion for a low clearance car.

Sa camry, ganun din tingen ko . Eh sa SUV, you can park sa mga tindahan ng tapsilog, atapang eh, matibay ang sikmura ...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    All compact gasoline suvs are not really collectible suvs so stay away from those cars: crv, rav4, tucson, forester, asx, escape, cx5, cx7, juke, xtrail. They are like sedans, expensive but no value really.

If we talk about SUVs dapat starting sa mid-size, the new crv diesel, i would want one, kasi malaki na eh

middle class mentality

kung may mabili ka mas malaking sasakyan at the same price, doon ka sa mas malaki (kahit 6 stud truck platform na pang ASEAN lang)

--

if a car makes up a large percentage of your net worth you'd be conscious of resale value when buying a car

--

sa ibang tao wala naman paki sa resale value

basta type ang sasakyan sige bili

pag nagsawa benta kahit malaki lugi

maliit lang ng part ng net worth nila ang motor vehicles eh

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Sa presyo ng mga PPVS ngaun, i think out of reach nato ng greater middle class, thats why everybody are now talking abour xpander, rush, Brv 7 seaters.

2.2 M na lahat ng totl PPVS, presyo ng pajero CK or BK after the affordable Pajero FM of the past. Even midsize crossovers are now in the 2m range.

So now we really cant talk about PPVs as middle class cars due to inflation and excise tax.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    When it comes to modifying sports cars and suvs for their intended purposes, anyone has numbers on people going on tracks and people going off road? Off roading to me seems more attractive to enthusiasts due to the sheer number of places they can bring their rigs. Ricers of the 90s grew in popularity due to the emergence of drag racing. With it being driven off the streets, and our roads getting worse, these enthusiasts probably shifted to a more suitable motorsport for our country. A lot of autoshops have been riding on the popularity of off road modifications lately. Even 4x2s are getting their looks changed.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    When it comes to modifying sports cars and suvs for their intended purposes, anyone has numbers on people going on tracks and people going off road? Off roading to me seems more attractive to enthusiasts due to the sheer number of places they can bring their rigs. Ricers of the 90s grew in popularity due to the emergence of drag racing. With it being driven off the streets, and our roads getting worse, these enthusiasts probably shifted to a more suitable motorsport for our country. A lot of autoshops have been riding on the popularity of off road modifications lately. Even 4x2s are getting their looks changed.
    Yung Dubshop na dati puro mga big rims for sedans, nagfocus na ngayon sa 4x4s. Mas mahal mags, mas malaki tubo. [emoji16]

Mas common na nga ang off-roaders kaysa races sa track. And most of the cars na nakakasabay ko sa trackday, mga 90s compacts pa rin na ginawa nalang dedicated track car.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yung Dubshop na dati puro mga big rims for sedans, nagfocus na ngayon sa 4x4s. Mas mahal mags, mas malaki tubo. [emoji16]

Mas common na nga ang off-roaders kaysa races sa track. And most of the cars na nakakasabay ko sa trackday, mga 90s compacts pa rin na ginawa nalang dedicated track car.

Di ako familiar sa auto scene, pero un dami ng nagpapa off road look ba napunta talaga ng off road?

Ung tiis pogi na lowered dati na kahit sumayad sa humps, ngayon palakihan ng rims, walang suspension upgrade. Ok lang kahit matagtag, pogi naman.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Di ako familiar sa auto scene, pero un dami ng nagpapa off road look ba napunta talaga ng off road?
    Siyempre hindi. [emoji23]

Kahit ano pa maging trend, lagi at laging may posers. [emoji23]

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014

Ung tiis pogi na lowered dati na kahit sumayad sa humps, ngayon palakihan ng rims, walang suspension upgrade. Ok lang kahit matagtag, pogi naman.
    Sa dami ng bibilhin mo sa offrad, saingan, pang-grill, tent, mga survival knives, collapsible chairs, all-weather backpacks and bags, i doubt if most go offroading. Hanap na lang sila ng dinedevelop ng subdivision na hinde pa sementado, putikan mo, then selfie, ok na.

Kahit yun budget na lang sa autobot autowrks na lang ang pag-iponan

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast