New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Stumbled upon an interesting read:

Sports car sales fall as boomers grow up - MarketWatch

"Boomers are starting to age out of sports cars,” said Eric Noble, president of the CarLab, a consulting firm in Orange, Calif. “When you get into your 60s, comfort becomes more important. Sports cars are not going away, but the market will get smaller."

The generational handoff won’t help sports cars much either, Noble said, because there are fewer Generation Xers, or those about 35 to 50 years old. And the boomer children — the millennial generation — aren’t yet earning enough money to buy Mustangs, which start at $24,915, let alone a Corvette Z06 that can sell for more than $100,000, Noble said.
    “Boomers are coming out of pure sports cars, but they’re not willing to sacrifice pure driving,” Cote said. “The idea of a sports SUV was incomprehensible 10 years ago. They’re not giving up spirited driving; they’re going to a different type of sporty driving.”
    In the same way that sedans have gone out of fashion in the past decade in favor of SUVs, your typical 2-door sports car is bowing down to high-powered versions of land yachts.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    well, thats why i disposed my t86 kagad noon eh, la pa one year. all I have in my garage now are SUVS - crossover diesel, PPV diesel, 4x4 diesel, 4x4 V6 and 4x4 Pickup.

after listing it all down, complete pna ala ako sa lineup ng SUVs ngaun hihi

pero parang di pa din, ive been watching Land Rover D90 lately sa Youtube before I sleep. ano ba category neto

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    well, thats why i disposed my t86 kagad noon eh, la pa one year. all I have in my garage now are SUVS - crossover diesel, PPV diesel, 4x4 diesel, 4x4 V6 and 4x4 Pickup.

after listing it all down, complete pna ala ako sa lineup ng SUVs ngaun hihi

pero parang di pa din, ive been watching Land Rover D90 lately sa Youtube before I sleep. ano ba category neto
    Kasali ka rin dun sa tumatandang baby boomers?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    hinde genx ako na dikit sa millenial juts. Kaya siguro i dont think like ny generation. I never really gave value to sportscars even i will look good ib one coz of ny fit body.

Wheb i watched mi3 ba yun or 2, yun kalaban ni tom cfuise ibba iba suv dun sa australia , that was time i said to myself im gonna collect suvs from there on , then hun sa Narcos series ni Pablo Escobar , i know the position of power noon pa. Those vintage suvs in netflix narcos and its effect on me , someday my suvs will be looked up to by the gen z hihi

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    As title suggests. buyers grow. As income grows, their buying power also grow. In north america they will eventually get an AWD or 4x4 as their climate does require better traction in winter times.

Flooding in our region has made buyers opt for higher wading depth vehicles. LCV market grew over 30% if i remember correctly.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    As title suggests. buyers grow. As income grows, their buying power also grow. In north america they will eventually get an AWD or 4x4 as their climate does require better traction in winter times.

Flooding in our region has made buyers opt for higher wading depth vehicles. LCV market grew over 30% if i remember correctly.
    In my hundreds of thousands of kilometers of driving, I've only ever needed to cross a flood once, and it was with an Altis, and I made it without issues.

The reality is that most of the time you can really get by with just a sedan. I've reached much farther places than most people with their SUVs. People just think they "need" an SUV.

That said, whether a real or perceived need, the market has shifted towards SUVs and that will continue for the next couple of years.

The car culture of the 90s with their riced out econoboxes has been replaced by riced out and jacked up SUVs.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Some Pinoys are "sigurista". Flood capable cars are reassuring to some. Just look at the Fortuner's selling numbers in 2017. Even with flooded streets they will never use it on flooded streets aka "segurista"

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Am not one of those who modify suvs, even all my tires and rims are stock. I just maintain em shiny and neat.

Yub nga iba naka mux natatawa ako with all the chrone, sa tail light, sa door handle, sa rain visor. Money cant buy class talaga.

People from the future will appreciate original paint and neat as you go original setup suvs.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    They need to bring in the bmw x3 m40 here...... or the Audi SQ5. Ive seen the Merc GLC AMG43 in the showroom here. Really nice sporty Crossovers.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It's more on the height of the driving position than the ground clearance ... also the ease of ingress and egress ...

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast