New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    Test drove my friends new fiesta 1.5 trend ps, and its much much slower in acceleration compared to my 1.5g vios.

Considering that the fiesta is lighter and has a more powerful engine and 6 speed tranny. Maybe its just over rated.
    It's all in the transmission. The six speed DCT is programmed to ease into gear to protect the clutches. The 4AT in the old 1.4 was more responsive. If you're getting a Fiesta for fun, the 5MT is a better choice.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    So that explains why i cant make the tranny go down a gear. Im already 3/4 of the throttle and it keeps on going up in gears instead of down.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Maiba naman. Gonna fanboy a bit. Lancer ex nalang. You'll get more car for the money. And more features din. At around the same price. The AT lancer ex 1.6 is around 800k after discounts. 750k for the manual.

Nagulat kasi ako sa presyo ng mga subcompacts ngayon. Konting konti nalang difference sa compacts. Tapos paghonda usually masmahal pa sa compacts ng iba. I think for the same money of a jazz/city you can get a base altis/lancer ex. The base lancer isnt even bare. Do check it out. Its fun to drive too! Itll get beat out by the subcompacts in fuel consumption though but for a compact its on the borderline of good-great depending on your driving style.

But among your choices, id go with the 2013 vios. Toyota will always be the safest choice lalo na sa subcompact line. Happy shopping.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    My Mirage CVT feels just a bit more efficient than my 2010 Vios 1.5G AT. Now that I experienced both, I'm more inclined to suggesting a 1.5L Vios AT. Although, the Vios 1.3L AT is indeed a bit more economical than a 1.5G AT during city traffic driving, during normal driving conditions, the 1.5L AT is still way better. That is, taken into consideration that you are travelling with passengers, with bit of highway driving where power and economy balance is important. The 1.5L is still better. Tried a real world driving (no eco style, hataw pag pwede) with a 1.3L AT convoy (with me using my 1.5G AT) to Tagaytay and the 1.3L ending up consuming almost same. With the 1.3L struggling to keep up in the inclines. I hope you get what I mean.
    TS specifically states that it's for city driving only. So the smaller engine is better suited for TS.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    So that explains why i cant make the tranny go down a gear. Im already 3/4 of the throttle and it keeps on going up in gears instead of down.
    Did you use the +/- manual shift function of the Fiesta 1.5 Powershift?

PS: A lot of new euro Fords don't feel that fast until you look at the speedometer (results of good NVH and high-speed stability).
    Last edited by AG4; September 24th, 2013 at 05:22 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemike07 View Post
    Maiba naman. Gonna fanboy a bit. Lancer ex nalang. You'll get more car for the money. And more features din. At around the same price. The AT lancer ex 1.6 is around 800k after discounts. 750k for the manual.

Nagulat kasi ako sa presyo ng mga subcompacts ngayon. Konting konti nalang difference sa compacts. Tapos paghonda usually masmahal pa sa compacts ng iba. I think for the same money of a jazz/city you can get a base altis/lancer ex. The base lancer isnt even bare. Do check it out. Its fun to drive too! Itll get beat out by the subcompacts in fuel consumption though but for a compact its on the borderline of good-great depending on your driving style.

But among your choices, id go with the 2013 vios. Toyota will always be the safest choice lalo na sa subcompact line. Happy shopping.
    Ganito din ako, nagulat ako sa price difference. Hyundai and Toyota is giving almost 50k discounts sa Elantra at Altis easily.
    Initially sub-compacts lang hanap ko.

Anyway, on topic, i was able to check the actual Mirage G4, ung GLS ganda ng interior. Some are saying parehas lang ng space sa loob, if not mas malaki pa nga. Sa engine naman it has more horsepower based on specs kahit 1.2L lang.

Between Vios J (630k) and Mirage G4 GLS (628k after discounts), i will choose Mirage G4. Take note di ko sa Vios 1.3E binanga kasi medyo malaki na ung difference sa presyo. You cannot question Mitsu's reliability din naman and parts availability. And loaded na ung GLS, 15" alloy wheels, dual air-bag, may LCD infotainment na din. The FC is good based on majority of feedbacks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by maclab View Post
    Ganito din ako, nagulat ako sa price difference. Hyundai and Toyota is giving almost 50k discounts sa Elantra at Altis easily.
    Initially sub-compacts lang hanap ko.

Anyway, on topic, i was able to check the actual Mirage G4, ung GLS ganda ng interior. Some are saying parehas lang ng space sa loob, if not mas malaki pa nga. Sa engine naman it has more horsepower based on specs kahit 1.2L lang.

Between Vios J (630k) and Mirage G4 GLS (628k after discounts), i will choose Mirage G4. Take note di ko sa Vios 1.3E binanga kasi medyo malaki na ung difference sa presyo. You cannot question Mitsu's reliability din naman and parts availability. And loaded na ung GLS, 15" alloy wheels, dual air-bag, may LCD infotainment na din. The FC is good based on majority of feedbacks.
    Reliability? Ahem! Take it from a Mirage owner. Parts availability? Mas lalong AHEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Reliability? Ahem! Take it from a Mirage owner. Parts availability? Mas lalong AHEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!
    Hows the fuel consumption of the mirage hatch cvt type ba?

Planning to buy the mirage g4

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345