New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The mirage rear bench seat is the worst ive seen in a car. Parang monoblock na me foam sa sobrang flat!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    i usually talk to taxi drivers whenever i go to and from the airport. here are the usual observations (taxi drivers / operators na to so bugbog talaga yung mga unit):

- gen2 vios is really efficient and no sense anymore converting these to LPG
    - nissan sentras (current GX body) are best for LPG conversion if done properly but this takes a toll on wear and tear
    - surprisingly, 2-3 yr old diesel accents (older design) are already reporting a lot of electrical and mechanical problems (nothing against hyundai, not affiliated with any other car company)

in general also for taxis, engines nowadays are already very fuel efficient that it's actually better to just maintain the car regularly and have good driving patterns (vs LPG conversion to still recover initial cost). i guess this realization can be applied to private driving as well. the bottom line - get a car that you'll enjoy for around 5yrs because you'll be seeing it everyday; there are more factors to consider other than FC. drive properly and the savings you'll get from fuel costs will surely be more worth it than thinking about initial acquisition cost differences.

but to answer your question, i'd go with the vios or mirage. though vios e ako vs mirage glx hatch (ang hassle ng hindi central locking). tingnan mo na rin mirage g4 glx, better specs than hatch plus cheaper than vios e. relatively mahal ang honda maintenance vs the rest (from experience) so that adds to TCO in the long run.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    ang tinatanong lang naman ng TS kung ano ang mas fuel efficient a
    yespo..
    so simply put, it's just between the accent crdi or the suzuki alto or the mirage..
    but apparently, as the ghost and others have pointed out, it's not that simple..and as yebo illustrates, it can be even more complicated than that.
    in fact, it's the ghost's calculations, that keep me holding to my 6-7 km/li cedia as a coding car and not getting a newer, more "frugal" replacement..

i suppose that's what this thread is all about... getting other peoples' inputs so's one can make a better decision.. it's better than relying on the sales brochures and SAs..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    The mirage rear bench seat is the worst ive seen in a car. Parang monoblock na me foam sa sobrang flat!
    but strangely, during a longer trip, my buttocks seem to prefer this simple flat seat design over the more curved ones.. for one, it's cooler..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    yespo..
    so simply put, it's just between the accent crdi or the suzuki alto or the mirage..
    but apparently, as the ghost and others have pointed out, it's not that simple..and as yebo illustrates, it can be even more complicated than that.
    in fact, it's the ghost's calculations, that keep me holding to my 6-7 km/li cedia as a coding car and not getting a newer, more "frugal" replacement..

i suppose that's what this thread is all about... getting other peoples' inputs so's one can make a better decision.. it's better than relying on the sales brochures and SAs..

This is the same reason why I am still holding on to my old 1999 Corolla GLi with AutoLPG than selling it for a new car. But there are days I am sorely tempted just to sell the car simply for the sake of having a new car that will not have the potential to break down (due to wear & tear) in the next few years.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    but strangely, during a longer trip, my buttocks seem to prefer this simple flat seat design over the more curved ones.. for one, it's cooler..
    maybe your butt is also flat as a monoblock bench? LOL

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    maybe your butt is also flat as a monoblock bench? LOL
    actually, i'm more of a blob..
    but hey! let's hold on to our antiques. someone has to make sure the old parts guys stay in business..
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 23rd, 2013 at 01:23 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    mirage vs accent crdi rin para sakin. if you prefer power and at the same time fuel efficient, accent crdi. if fuel efficient alone, mirage talaga.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Oh wait,

My brother now prefers a real sub compact since he needs space for other passengers. And ayaw daw niya na maliit tignan.

So from your choices, are down to?

Accent crdi
    Vios 1.3 matic
    City 1.3 matic

How about the mirage sedan? Does it have almost the same passenger space as the above mentioned sub compact cars?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by parak21 View Post
    Oh wait,

My brother now prefers a real sub compact since he needs space for other passengers. And ayaw daw niya na maliit tignan.

So from your choices, are down to?

Accent crdi
    Vios 1.3 matic
    City 1.3 matic

How about the mirage sedan? Does it have almost the same passenger space as the above mentioned sub compact cars?
    i did read that the sedan's passenger innards are about the same as the hatch, but...
    hintayin na lang natin. there's no telling what they'll ship us until we actually try 'em out here..
    what's on the brochure in thailand or what our reps try out there for size, might not be what they put on the piers..
    let your money earn a few more pesos in the bank..
    heh heh.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast