New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Dear all,

I am buying a vehicle. I just need inputs on which cars on the narket is the most fuel efficient.

Take note, for CITY DRIVING ONLY

car must be AUTOMATIC.

accent crdi a/t
    Vios 1.3e
    Mirage glx cvt
    City 1.3s

Will they have the same figures for city driving? Like edsa type or traffic.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Obviously, the diesel Accent would be the most cost efficient when it comes to fuel.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by parak21 View Post
    Dear all,

I am buying a vehicle. I just need inputs on which cars on the narket is the most fuel efficient.

Take note, for CITY DRIVING ONLY

car must be AUTOMATIC.

accent crdi a/t
    Vios 1.3e
    Mirage glx cvt
    City 1.3s

Will they have the same figures for city driving? Like edsa type or traffic.

Most would say Accent diesel would be the best option.

But I would differ on that becuse the purchase price of the Accent diesel is P868,000.

Compare to something more affordable like the MIRAGE GLX CVT P548,000.

That is a difference of P320,000

That can buy a lot of fuel.

In fact it is enough to fill the MIRAGE's fuel tank for around four years.

So if you consider that, the MIRAGE already has a FOUR year head start on being more economical on fuel.

If we would consider the price difference between gas and diesel, then the MIRAGE would even be much more ahead in cost savings.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 23rd, 2013 at 10:22 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Isa pa yung maintenance cost, mahal magmaintain ng CRDi vs. gas

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If we would consider the price difference between gas and diesel, then the MIRAGE would even be much more ahead in cost savings.
    sir can you further elaborate on this?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In city driving, the 1.3 liter engines in the Vios and the City don't seem well suited to the drag of the transmissions. Some even claim that they drink more gas than the 1.5 ATs, though when I've driven them, I found them to still be slightly more economical. It all depends on driving style. Suffice to say, they're not the most economical picks amongst your choices.

The Mirage CVT is pretty good, and it's a light car, so economy is decent even with the auto in traffic.. The Accent diesel is pretty decent, though I haven't driven it in heavy traffic, so I can't comment on city use.

-

And GH makes an excellent point. With what the Mirage GLX CVT costs versus the Accent diesel, you can buy a whole crapload of gas.
    Last edited by niky; September 23rd, 2013 at 10:43 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    sir can you further elaborate on this?
    The following will not be 100% accurate but hopefully it would show my point.

Assuming the Accent CRDi and MIRAGE CVT gets around the same fuel mileage from their respective fuels.

Gasoline = approximately P52/L

Diesel = approximately P43/L

Fuel cost difference = P9/L

Purchase price difference between Accent and Mirage = P320,000

320,000 / 9 = 35,555.56

Mirage has a 30L fuel tank.

35,555.56 / 30 = 1185.19 full tanks for the MIRAGE.

Assuming one full tank per week = 296.30 months or 24 years

The Accent CRDI would need 24 years before the PURCHASE cost difference between the Accent / Mirage would catch up with the Mirage based on fuel savings on diesel vs gasoline.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    My Mirage CVT feels just a bit more efficient than my 2010 Vios 1.5G AT. Now that I experienced both, I'm more inclined to suggesting a 1.5L Vios AT. Although, the Vios 1.3L AT is indeed a bit more economical than a 1.5G AT during city traffic driving, during normal driving conditions, the 1.5L AT is still way better. That is, taken into consideration that you are travelling with passengers, with bit of highway driving where power and economy balance is important. The 1.5L is still better. Tried a real world driving (no eco style, hataw pag pwede) with a 1.3L AT convoy (with me using my 1.5G AT) to Tagaytay and the 1.3L ending up consuming almost same. With the 1.3L struggling to keep up in the inclines. I hope you get what I mean.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ang malaking advantage ng accent crdi ay whether eco or spirited driving ka, hindi ka nagwoworry sa fuel consumption

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The following will not be 100% accurate but hopefully it would show my point.

Assuming the Accent CRDi and MIRAGE CVT gets around the same fuel mileage from their respective fuels.

Gasoline = approximately P52/L

Diesel = approximately P43/L

Fuel cost difference = P9/L

Purchase price difference between Accent and Mirage = P320,000

320,000 / 9 = 35,555.56

Mirage has a 30L fuel tank.

35,555.56 / 30 = 1185.19 full tanks for the MIRAGE.

Assuming one full tank per week = 296.30 months or 24 years

The Accent CRDI would need 24 years before the PURCHASE cost difference between the Accent / Mirage would catch up with the Mirage based on fuel savings on diesel vs gasoline.
    thanks GH!

here's how i computed it

Assumptions:
    12T Km per year
    Php52/L gasoline
    Php43/L gasoline

12KPL Accent HB
    10KPL Mirage

Annual fuel cost for Accent HB
    12,000/12*43 = Php43,000 per year

Annual fuel cost for Mirage
    12,000/10*52 = Php64,200 per year