New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    unichip and emanage are both tuning chip right? Hindi ba ganun kadelikado magpa PnP?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbelen View Post
    unichip and emanage are both tuning chip right? Hindi ba ganun kadelikado magpa PnP?
    sabi mo takot ka sa top overhaul pero pinag iisipan mo mag port&polish?

pareho tanggal cylinderhead yan eh

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pareho piggyback ang e-manage and unichip

but you can control a lot more with e-manage

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hey, you can do a hell of a lot more with Unichip. (multi-maps, extra-injector maps, electronic throttle-mapping, MAF-MAP conversion, launch control, auto-map switching when on nitrous, O2 sensor compensation, alcohol-injection control, etcetera...) The problem is you're usually locked to the tuner, because tuning kits are not commercially available, and every additional feature is additional labor charges.

Forget the CF bumpers and trunk. The lightening is not anywhere near enough to make it worth it.

Forget PnP. I've done it. The bump in power is completely negligible. COMPLETELY. I've done it. I had the best PnP money can buy. But with stock cams or even FSZE cams, you're not going to see any benefit. You really need US-made racing cams.

Versus a lightweight D15B, with just exhaust and an E-manage, you'll be on somewhat even footing, but he'll definitely beat you off the line. The Lynx is heavy, no doubt about it. But that weight is not something you can fix with carbon fiber body panels. All that extra weight is in the sunroof (around 30 kgs) and the engine (maybe 50 kgs extra due to the iron block).

Just do the simple stuff. Forget about gauging. The RS is not great for drag racing. Heavy engine, clutch not that durable. First gear too short. Second gear too long. And even if you fix the clutch, your engine mounts are too soft and third gear is too fragile (just as in the Sentra... which is at least lighter).

Even with my fully modified RS, which has racing cams and the highest naturally aspirated horsepower in the Philippines (around 152 whp... approximately 175-180 bhp), because of the weight of the car, it still does high-15 to 16 flat quarter-miles. Modified 1.6 Sentras and D15Bs can kick my ass on the drag strip... even though I can hit near-230 km/h and leave them for dead on the highway.

Just do what you want to do to feel good about the car. But don't feel bad if you lose a drag race or two, as the Lynx ain't a good drag racer.
    Last edited by niky; February 22nd, 2012 at 11:47 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hey, you can do a hell of a lot more with Unichip. (multi-maps, extra-injector maps, electronic throttle-mapping, MAF-MAP conversion, launch control, auto-map switching when on nitrous, O2 sensor compensation, alcohol-injection control, etcetera...) The problem is you're usually locked to the tuner, because tuning kits are not commercially available, and every additional feature is additional labor charges.
    i mean with the e-manage you can adjust things by yourself using a laptop (or destroy your engine by yourself)

while the unichip you have to send it to a tuner to adjust things

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Forget the CF bumpers and trunk. The lightening is not anywhere near enough to make it worth it.

Forget PnP. I've done it. The bump in power is completely negligible. COMPLETELY. I've done it. I had the best PnP money can buy. But with stock cams or even FSZE cams, you're not going to see any benefit. You really need US-made racing cams.

Versus a lightweight D15B, with just exhaust and an E-manage, you'll be on somewhat even footing, but he'll definitely beat you off the line. The Lynx is heavy, no doubt about it. But that weight is not something you can fix with carbon fiber body panels. All that extra weight is in the sunroof (around 30 kgs) and the engine (maybe 50 kgs extra due to the iron block).

Just do the simple stuff. Forget about gauging. The RS is not great for drag racing. Heavy engine, clutch not that durable. First gear too short. Second gear too long. And even if you fix the clutch, your engine mounts are too soft and third gear is too fragile (just as in the Sentra... which is at least lighter).

Even with my fully modified RS, which has racing cams and the highest naturally aspirated horsepower in the Philippines (around 152 whp... approximately 175-180 bhp), because of the weight of the car, it still does high-15 to 16 flat quarter-miles. Modified 1.6 Sentras and D15Bs can kick my ass on the drag strip... even though I can hit near-230 km/h and leave them for dead on the highway.

Just do what you want to do to feel good about the car. But don't feel bad if you lose a drag race or two, as the Lynx ain't a good drag racer.
    And that's the story of my life. ((

btw what do you mean idol by third gear is too fragile?

and unichip and emanage serve the same purpose right?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Apexi Power FC > GReddy e-manage or Unichip

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbelen View Post
    Guys Ill be buying this stuff, let me know your inputs and if it is worth it...

carbon fiber Hood, Bumper and grills = trade with my stock + 25k
    E manage Ultimate (used) = 15k
    Rotors brand new = 10k
    Fsze cams intake and exhaust (used) = 10k
    H&R lowering springs (usde) = trade with my stock +5k

65k total, Worth it???
    I think this not a very serious matter, akala ko pa naman life & death situation na. The question is, do you really need this stuff? What is the reason why are you repalcing them? Just ask yourself first is it worth it?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    sir abs, reasons at previous replies po..

Sir better po ba standalone? That's 60k po kasi. Pero will it be satisfying? Will my 60k do much and improve my car better compared to piggybacks?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    o diba? standalone

dude, unless your engine is heavily modded you dont need standalone engine management

heavily modded as in turbo, bigger injectors, etc

what your mind wants doesnt match your budget

your 65K will only buy you a few horsepower no matter what you spend it on

if you want big noticeable power increase you're talking 200K up

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Help: car mods/upgrades