1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    na-edit ang title ng thread

hindi na life or death situation hehe

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Apexi Power FC > GReddy e-manage or Unichip
    E-Manage is great if you know what you're doing, otherwise, if you're a newbie (like the TS is), better to leave it to an expert.

Problem is, the Power FC has limited compatibility. The Unichip is at least nearly universally applicable.

And for all that money, as you say, you're only going to get the same hp. The only big advantage of the Power FC is that you can avoid fightback (which we already do with Unichip and E-Manage by removing the O2 sensor or emulating it with the Unichip) and you can raise the redline.

That's the one thing the Unichip can't do on the Lynx. We tried the Unichip redline defeater module and it doesn't work for the RS. But even raising the redline will get you very little, as the stock cams and FSZE cams don't breathe past 6500 rpm. You need 40k pesos worth of racing cams to make it worth your while. And while you're at that, you'll need cam gears, an oil pump upgrade, new valve springs and a balanced and blueprinted bottom end, because the FS-DE hates high revs. Throw in individual throttle bodies and a MAP-MAF conversion, which can be done with the Unichip, and which gains you about 10 hp alone. But you have to have contacts in Taiwan to get the set-up from AAI.

Tama nga estimate mo. Mga 200k. High comp pistons, balancing, racing cams, stronger connecting rods, standalone ECU, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Whereas with just 100k, puwede nang turbo. But you'll still need a better oil pump, otherwise the engine goes "pop" at over 200 whp.
    Last edited by niky; February 22nd, 2012 at 04:45 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Pa-guwapuhin mo na lang car mo. Better brakes, sound set-up and lights. Wag na habol sa speed kasi kapag nakasabayan mo mga korean SUV's iiyak ka din. hehe
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Pa-guwapuhin mo na lang car mo. Better brakes, sound set-up and lights. Wag na habol sa speed kasi kapag nakasabayan mo mga korean SUV's iiyak ka din. hehe
    Hahaha... want to take bets on that? My car will still outdrag a Tucson or Santa Fe...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Tama nga estimate mo. Mga 200k. High comp pistons, balancing, racing cams, stronger connecting rods, standalone ECU, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
    yup that's what TS should do if he wants high performance all-motor

high lift cams, enlarged and smoothened cylinder head ports, high compression pistons etc

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hahaha... want to take bets on that? My car will still outdrag a Tucson or Santa Fe...
    Toyota Alphard van will outdrag anything you own. ;)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Toyota Alphard van will outdrag anything you own. ;)
    Bread Van Racing Club eh?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hahaha... it'll be close. I can beat the Alphard to 100 km/h, but just barely. Above that, I'm sure the Alphard would kick my ass.

I wonder if I can turn it into a drag car by dumping out the interior? Can you imagine the looks on the drag-boys' faces? A huge van doing consistent flat 15's all day, and taking home the bacon in the bracket races.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nakakagulat nga yang Alphard. I was beside one at the lights. Pag-green nawala na lang bigla.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    OK to ah, drag-van! Kumusta naman ang handling ng Alphard?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Help: car mods/upgrades