New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Sobrang mahal naman ng CF hood...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you ask me... not worth it. Just step back and look to why do you need all that carbon fiber and mods? It wont add value to your car nor would it make it really stand out and be a track burner outright. Why do you think all those guys are selling it (and some asking for the OEM parts as trade in)?

* Uls and Shadow, looks like he really needs help... :D

But heck, if you're into the burning money mode, i have a set of Sparco pedals at home, 5K, no trade in required.
    Last edited by vinj; February 21st, 2012 at 05:33 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Mukhang urgent toh ah... kelan ba laban sa Macapagal?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    * Uls and Shadow, looks like he really needs help... :D
    haha ya he does

But heck, if you're into the burning money mode, i have a set of Sparco pedals at home, 5K, no trade in required.
    hey we need newbies to dump our old stuff on right?

let's see... i got a used stainless Fremuff muffler... and ummm...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbelen View Post
    Guys Ill be buying this stuff, let me know your inputs and if it is worth it...

carbon fiber Hood, Bumper and grills = trade with my stock + 25k
    E manage Ultimate (used) = 15k
    Rotors brand new = 10k
    Fsze cams intake and exhaust (used) = 10k
    H&R lowering springs (usde) = trade with my stock +5k

65k total, Worth it???
    Hello bro! Its been a long time since you last showed up! Yung carbon fiber hood tunay na carbon fiber noh? If so I suppose if you really like it pwede na yan though I'd suggest you retain the stock bumper and grills para hindi sobrang baduy ang dating. Pero personally I wouldn't be getting a carbon fiber hood since medyo narereduce ang respect ko sa mga naka ganyan. Which one would you like more? A Galant GTi with a fully stock exterior and great mechanical modifications, or a Galant GTi with carbon fiber panels galore, all around body kit, spoilers and a huge-ass exhaust system? IMHO, lowering springs are impractical as Metro Manila road conditions are not good and it makes the ride quality much worse. Dun naman sa rotors, I'd suggest you get them only if you find the stock brakes too weak for your taste. Front and rear discs with ABS naman yan so it should be more than enough for normal circumstances unless you are into racing. Forgo the rest of the performance mods and get Speedlab's power package for your Lynx. That should do it.
    Last edited by GTi; February 21st, 2012 at 09:03 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    *OT, Naiiyak tuloy ako! hahahaha, for those who didnt know, this same guys who replied was the same guys who also helped me choosing my first car! and up to now still helping me! Kundi dahil sa kanila honda fanboi nako, ricey set up pa! haha. SALAMAT talaga, Let's meet up sometime mga sir and Ill make you drink til you drop! Worth it na forums talaga, di madadamot and tao... *sniff sniff sniff*

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    so this is the story sirs, I have this fried, who owns a honda EG, with d15 engine yata or something like that then modified na yung engine. Everytime na makikita ako nun or tatambay kami with friends, they be like,"gauge nga kayooo" puro ganun. Eh kasi halos lahat aesthetics, So feeling ko di ko naman kaya sila sabayan kasi di naman for aesthetic purposes yung lynx. so i thought of ill just go to something na I can standout. And its performance, buttttt not too aggressive pa din. Reasons ko to buy those, yung mga CFs gusto ko sana kasi weight reduction DAW sila and can add me some speed. yung second choice ko is Yung e manage and cams naman for engine mods to add extra speed, tapos balak ko sana mag pa port and polish, sabi naman nung sikat na tuner dito, itotop overhaul pa yung sakin. Natakot naman ako. hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hahaha... To date what have you done with your Lynx? Mind posting pics? Kayang kaya mo ismoke yang D15B Civic even if your car is stock pwera lang siguro kung turbocharged yan. Yes, a carbon fiber hood reduces weight but if you are not really racing, the difference is really negligible. Tell you what, kung gusto mo porma, maybe you can invest in a new set of custom made headlights courtesy of Tsikoteer garyq. Maybe you can have him add in integrated DRLs too! Mas practical pa yan sa carbon fiber hood since that is something you use everyday, and headlights are important in making a car look good. Then for performance mods, just take Speedlab's power package.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    I take photos po tom, and try to post it,

CAI and header by SMT. yun palang upgrades ko. Hahaha ) tsaka full exhaust pa

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbelen View Post
    so this is the story sirs, I have this fried, who owns a honda EG, with d15 engine yata or something like that then modified na yung engine. Everytime na makikita ako nun or tatambay kami with friends, they be like,"gauge nga kayooo" puro ganun. Eh kasi halos lahat aesthetics, So feeling ko di ko naman kaya sila sabayan kasi di naman for aesthetic purposes yung lynx. so i thought of ill just go to something na I can standout. And its performance, buttttt not too aggressive pa din. Reasons ko to buy those, yung mga CFs gusto ko sana kasi weight reduction DAW sila and can add me some speed. yung second choice ko is Yung e manage and cams naman for engine mods to add extra speed, tapos balak ko sana mag pa port and polish, sabi naman nung sikat na tuner dito, itotop overhaul pa yung sakin. Natakot naman ako. hehehe.
    The CF parts won't reduce the cars weight dramatically especially if you're not in to full-on track racing. Lalo na kung sa everyday driving, di mo mararamdaman ung weight reduction from CF parts. Also, a stock D15 Civic on a 2.0FSDE Lynx RS? Track and 1/4mile drag race, walang sinabi yung Civic na yun, except if you don't have the driver skills.

You want power? well you're not doin' it right bro. As to what everyone will tell you here in tsikot, it would always be and supposed to be Tuning Chip, Intake, Headers, Midpipe and Exhaust. Those are the basic naman eh. Sa PnP, you'll need to change cams, cam gears and headworks para isang baklasan lang.

More importantly,
    wag kang papatol sa sinasabi ng iba. What you really need to make sure is that your car can be driven worry-free and reliably.

AFAIK, may Write-up si niky about tuning your car. I just forgot san ko nabasa yun, so you can ask him nadin so you can read it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Help: car mods/upgrades