New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I though Ford is difficult to maintain? Gas guzzler, around 4 km per liter diba? I saw a 1999 model for P220k in OLX. Wow!

It makes me wonder, why is the expedition so much cheaper compared to the Pajero or Patrol?
    Mahal piyesa.ng old fords if ang mga nasisira eh yun mga electronics like blower resistor, tire pressure monitoring at kung anu-ano pa toys nilagay sa mgs american cbus ni ford. You cant just source this out in banawe

That's why it's better to get the monteros and old pajeros fieldmasters for flood or mountain use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Kahit may suv ka na naka lift, may snorkel pa, maiipit ka pa rin sa traffic kasi karamihan sa daan ayaw o hindi kaya tumawid sa baha. So ganun rin. Maghintay ka rin. But i do get your point na may peace of mind talaga. But just saying na di ka pa rin makakalusot sa late night traffic tuwing may ulan

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Kahit may suv ka na naka lift, may snorkel pa, maiipit ka pa rin sa traffic kasi karamihan sa daan ayaw o hindi kaya tumawid sa baha. So ganun rin. Maghintay ka rin. But i do get your point na may peace of mind talaga. But just saying na di ka pa rin makakalusot sa late night traffic tuwing may ulan
    Yep.

I'm driving a sedan, compared before sa innova na mas higher ang clearance yes medyo takot ako sa mga panahon ngayon.

I do get your point, Kaya ako either stop over somewhere me and my car is safe.

Wala naman ata na baha na super instant out of nowhere.

If no choice? Then sit it out, wag lumusong.

BTT

Another rich people problem hehe

Peace Cathy!

Get the Fortuner, sell the 10th Gen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^ Fuel consumption. My Aunt's 1998 4x4 Exped has logged 200k kms as they use it often but their weekly gas bill is around 3K. The check engine light has gone off several times but it never left them stranded; repair bills can still get hefty though if you don't have the time to take it to a shop and buy parts yourself.
    Old Expeds with the 4.6L V8 are prone to ignition and cylinder misfire thus the reason for the usual on-and-off of the check engine light. You just need to bring it to the highway and get it revving/cruising to get the cylinders firing properly.

Locally, I think the biggest problem you can have with an Expedition is if the air suspension fails. They say it's an expensive fix.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Old Expeds with the 4.6L V8 are prone to ignition and cylinder misfire thus the reason for the usual on-and-off of the check engine light. You just need to bring it to the highway and get it revving/cruising to get the cylinders firing properly.

Locally, I think the biggest problem you can have with an Expedition is if the air suspension fails. They say it's an expensive fix.
    The coil suspension replacement is 20k. That would be a permanent fix. Its a bit picky with fuel so when we had one we would only gas up in one place. I got a check engine light before from simply gassing up in a dodgy place (east ave. petron)

Excluding the air suspension, we never got a bill thats more than 15k. Brake pads are cheaper than Subaru Pads (around 4k for fronts as far as I remember)

But honestly its a bit overreacting to get one just for the floods. It cant fit in some Makati parking buildings. Its as long as a new Ranger but much wider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I showed my Mom the 2016 Fortuner. The guy from Toyota Pasong Tamo told me that they don't give cash discounts.

Is the Fortuner 2.4 4x2 G DSL Manual a good buy or should I just wait until I can afford an AT? My Mom said if I want it that bad then I should sell my 10th + 11th gen. But then I would have to buy another older sedan for my coding car (P200k MAX).
    kung pang-baha, i personally prefer MT over AT.
    sell the younger altis, so's to get more money to buy the fort. magiging main car mo naman yata ang fort, right?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    kung pang-baha, i personally prefer MT over AT.
    sell the younger altis, so's to get more money to buy the fort. magiging main car mo naman yata ang fort, right?
    If I get a new fortuner I have to sell both cars because it costs 1.3M. I still need to cover extra bec the 2 cars won't amount to 1.3M

Then I still need to buy an old coding sedan.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    fortuner! fortuner! fortuner!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    If I get a new fortuner I have to sell both cars because it costs 1.3M. I still need to cover extra bec the 2 cars won't amount to 1.3M

Then I still need to buy an old coding sedan.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    selling your two cars to cover much of the fort's price... then buying another used car with questionable history, for coding?
    perhaps you not sell either car first, until you know what your fort's plate number is gonna be. then sell the appropriate car. at least here, you know for sure your coding car is in good condition.
    let your financier worry about the payment first.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 14th, 2016 at 11:57 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    By the time you get your fortuner, it would no longer be rainy season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast