New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by namwaran View Post
    My dad has the Trooper (Big Horn version iirc) and Frontier which were used to visit some properties that were located beyond concrete road. The results?

Trooper had a problem with fried electronics and transmission issues which required parts replacements that are not readily available.

Frontier had gave in within just 2 long trips. The issue being the suspension and wheel axles.

So, I wouldn't advice those 2. I have no similar knowledge with the other vehicles on the list.
    Isn't it the Bighorn's are the imported one? I'm referring the local unit the LS and Skyroof Ed..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the land rover defender diesel!

errr... why not the adventure diesel? i am told, the engine will keep running even if submerged in water, as long as it has fuel and air. but yes.. beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder.

kilalako.. restored '89 pajero. immaculate! ayaw i-benta... also, it rides like an owner jeep on stilts.. super tagtag.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 14th, 2016 at 10:06 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    +1 for the Suzuki Samurai if you can get one in good condition. Also the Isuzu Hilander.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    How about the Sportivo Crosswind or the XUV? Cheap enough for a high ground clearance vehicle for a flooded street and pure naturally aspirated diesel engine. Nothing to worry about sensitive electronics.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since you have a Gen 11, why not sell your Gen 10 and find a Suzuki Jimny or Crosswind, or an Isuzu Fuego?

Best to find a unit that is reliable and easy to repair given the age, and you can still drive around on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You might want to consider a Mercedes Benz W123 model. Costs about 150-200T. Sturdy enough for floods and reliable. There are also diesel models.
    An old, cheap Benz is an expensive vehicle to maintain.

This kind of weather is precisely why we opted for a pickup as our daily driver instead of a sedan. At least i don't have to resort to borrowing a vehicle from the family garage when the weather is bad. Now i'll consider to go for a mild 2-inch lift when i upgrade the shocks this year or next year and get 275/55R20 tires over to replace the 265/50R20s im using now.
    Last edited by vinj; August 14th, 2016 at 12:45 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    l300Fb, ours was submerged roof deep in Ondoy still runs until today, ginagamit pa namin sa farm and construction hauling

Now, if you really want yon may prestige naman ng kaunti, get the stradas, yun previous generation. i also had one. Super lakas sa bahaan yun nga lang parang jeepney umarsngkada.

Coz both of these Mitsubishis are diesel workhorses
    ---

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    +1 on suzuki samurai. lifted maybe 2-4 inches with snorkel at di naman malakas ang current you can safely tackle most MM flooding.

this 2 look "makinis"

Suzuki samurai For Sale Philippines - Find 2nd Hand (Used) Suzuki samurai On OLX

Suzuki Samurai For Sale Philippines - Find 2nd Hand (Used) Suzuki Samurai On OLX

may power window ba na pang samurai?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Samurai good luck. i had one. It's just sn owner type jeep with car paint. If the flood wont get you, the daily primitive suspension will.

Good riddance sa kin yan. One of the happiest moments of my life when it left our home

Btw, did i tell u that's its nt yet power steering, this car is best for those Mt. pinatubo rentals. Pang for rent

The Japanese suzuki samurai is different however. Yun ang okey, with the shorter body.

Pero yun long body, locally assembled ng Philhino, walang pinagkaiba sa mga locally assembled jeep wrangler

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    based on experience... stay away from the Tamaraw FX... we had 2... Engine will not start the next morning if starter is submerged flood water.

70's land cruiser?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    nissan pathfinder or terrano.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast