New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I showed my Mom the 2016 Fortuner. The guy from Toyota Pasong Tamo told me that they don't give cash discounts.

Is the Fortuner 2.4 4x2 G DSL Manual a good buy or should I just wait until I can afford an AT? My Mom said if I want it that bad then I should sell my 10th + 11th gen. But then I would have to buy another older sedan for my coding car (P200k MAX).

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    l300Fb, ours was submerged roof deep in Ondoy still runs until today, ginagamit pa namin sa farm and construction hauling

Now, if you really want yon may prestige naman ng kaunti, get the stradas, yun previous generation. i also had one. Super lakas sa bahaan yun nga lang parang jeepney umarsngkada.

Coz both of these Mitsubishis are diesel workhorses
    ---

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    OB naman, para ko naman pinarusahan sarili ko at baka naman mapagkamalan akong delivery kung dalhin ko sa office L300 FB.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I showed my Mom the 2016 Fortuner. The guy from Toyota Pasong Tamo told me that they don't give cash discounts.

Is the Fortuner 2.4 4x2 G DSL Manual a good buy or should I just wait until I can afford an AT? My Mom said if I want it that bad then I should sell my 10th + 11th gen. But then I would have to buy another older sedan for my coding car (P200k MAX).
    tsk tsk.. At first i thought you're looking for a cheap 2nd hand vehicles. Well for a brand new vehicle, any low end variant will give you less headaches in case something happens. Go for the Manual Trans.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Tm.Lakas View Post
    tsk tsk.. At first i thought you're looking for a cheap 2nd hand vehicles. Well for a brand new vehicle, any low end variant will give you less headaches in case something happens. Go for the Manual Trans.
    I prefer a cheap vehicle good for flooding. My mom just suggested that option of getting new.

I forgot to mention that I don't like smallish SUVs (Jimny, Vitara, rav4 etc), bigger is better

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Alam ko na cathy, napapaisip ka lang ksse ilang araw. Ng umuulan kayo nakakaisip ka ng flood vehicle, Hanggang oct lang naman rainy season, kung ako sayo tulog mo na lang

Buying a cheap beater car will make you bitter on the other months of the year.

However, if i'm you. I would look at 2 cars: the fieldmaster and the previous gen Montero.

But id you're me, you just wait it out for the floods and just eat or hotel kung saan ka abutan and just get a nice LTE sim for your gadgets

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Alam ko na cathy, napapaisip ka lang ksse ilang araw. Ng umuulan kayo nakakaisip ka ng flood vehicle, Hanggang oct lang naman rainy season, kung ako sayo tulog mo na lang

Buying a cheap beater car will make you bitter on the other months of the year.

However, if i'm you. I would look at 2 cars: the fieldmaster and the previous gen Montero.

But id you're me, you just wait it out for the floods and just eat or hotel kung saan ka abutan and just get a nice LTE sim for your gadgets

That's true. This week, I've gone home past midnight for several days because I do wait it out. I hate to drive when it is raining especially in the evening. I really regret not demanding for an SUV, instead of my Gen 11, now my family says I should have insisted It's too late for that now!

Ayoko na ng Montero, mahal pa at baka ma SUA pa ko

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    You can get a 1st generation Expedition for 200k. Its not hard to maintain as parts are abundant at some places. Theyre just gas guzzlers and difficult to park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    You can get a 1st generation Expedition for 200k. Its not hard to maintain as parts are abundant at some places. Theyre just gas guzzlers and difficult to park.

I though Ford is difficult to maintain? Gas guzzler, around 4 km per liter diba? I saw a 1999 model for P220k in OLX. Wow!

It makes me wonder, why is the expedition so much cheaper compared to the Pajero or Patrol?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I though Ford is difficult to maintain? Gas guzzler, around 4 km per liter diba? I saw a 1999 model for P220k in OLX. Wow!

It makes me wonder, why is the expedition so much cheaper compared to the Pajero or Patrol?
    4km/l is optimistic on a floody day. Theyre cheaper because their reputation as guzzlers. When we had one, shops never had trouble sourcing parts. Im sure the parts are more expensive than an altis' but its not unreasonable (5k for an oil change).

A more reasonable but less capable choice is a first generation CRV.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ Fuel consumption. My Aunt's 1998 4x4 Exped has logged 200k kms as they use it often but their weekly gas bill is around 3K. The check engine light has gone off several times but it never left them stranded; repair bills can still get hefty though if you don't have the time to take it to a shop and buy parts yourself.

Brand new? A new Nissan Navarra is around 1M. The MU-X 2.5 m/t is also attractively priced. If i were to compare the 4x2 M/T Fortuner to our Hilux m/t id say it's a good buy also. The clutch is light, it's efficient and power is good.

An old Pajero FM may be easier to repair and source parts for as against a Patrol. Sayang CB just sold his FM; that was in very good condition.
    Last edited by vinj; August 14th, 2016 at 09:01 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast