New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What's a good tall vehicle (SUV or Pickup) which is easy to maintain (not much electronics etc)?

I browsed OLX for the Patrol Safari and I am surprised that these 20+ yr old cars still cost 300k to 400k! Are there other road worthy vehicles that I won't be afraid to drive through floods?

I used to not experience flooding to and from my house, I am appalled that even roads that used to be safe get flooded now!!! I am deathly afraid of driving through floods. I think a taller vehicle would give me more peace of mind. My worst experience was gutter deep flooding in slex/buendia near cash and carry. And I think it will only get worse over time.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    diesel. yung walang masyadong electronics, siguro.
    tamaraw? revo? adventure? old pajero?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    diesel. yung walang masyadong electronics, siguro.
    tamaraw? revo? adventure? old pajero?
    The 20 yr old pajeros are still at 300k-400k

I don't like the adventure or revo. If only I could find a hilux like the one they tried to kill in top gear

Last edited by _Cathy_; August 14th, 2016 at 01:25 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    The 20 yr old pajeros are still at 300k-400k
    You might be surprised to see how much some Toyota BJ40 are still worth.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by namwaran View Post
    You might be surprised to see how much some Toyota BJ40 are still worth.
    That vehicle brings me awful memories.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    That vehicle brings me awful memories.
    My apologies. I didn't mean to trigger any memories. It's just that I see this vehicle is used mostly by off-road peeps.

The last vehicle that I experienced in a river crossing was a Nissan Pathfinder. The river as about less than a foot away from entering the window! If the current was a bit stronger, we'd be flooded inside. But this too is priced over 200k.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You might want to consider a Mercedes Benz W123 model. Costs about 150-200T. Sturdy enough for floods and reliable. There are also diesel models.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    What's a good tall vehicle (SUV or Pickup) which is easy to maintain (not much electronics etc)?

I browsed OLX for the Patrol Safari and I am surprised that these 20+ yr old cars still cost 300k to 400k! Are there other road worthy vehicles that I won't be afraid to drive through floods?

I used to not experience flooding to and from my house, I am appalled that even roads that used to be safe get flooded now!!! I am deathly afraid of driving through floods. I think a taller vehicle would give me more peace of mind. My worst experience was gutter deep flooding in slex/buendia near cash and carry. And I think it will only get worse over time.
    Cheap tall vehicles? How about Nissan Terrano, Isuzu Trooper, Ssyangtong Rexton? For a pick-up isuzu fuego, nissan frontier.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Tm.Lakas View Post
    Cheap tall vehicles? How about Nissan Terrano, Isuzu Trooper, Ssyangtong Rexton? For a pick-up isuzu fuego, nissan frontier.
    My dad has the Trooper (Big Horn version iirc) and Frontier which were used to visit some properties that were located beyond concrete road. The results?

Trooper had a problem with fried electronics and transmission issues which required parts replacements that are not readily available.

Frontier had gave in within just 2 long trips. The issue being the suspension and wheel axles.

So, I wouldn't advice those 2. I have no similar knowledge with the other vehicles on the list.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    How about those oldy but goody suzUki jimnys aka beavers or samurais?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast