New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 256 of 307 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 3070
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Joke_Serious View Post
    Sirhow i wish maaudition ko ang tunog ng set up mo hehehe sana mapagbigyan mo ako..
    You can send me a PM on when you'll be dropping by Banawe. I usually frequent the Starbucks there near King Chef.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    You can send me a PM on when you'll be dropping by Banawe. I usually frequent the Starbucks there near King Chef.
    very much willing po sir..maraming ty

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Interested on this too sir! Will it be okay if I PM you too to audition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    My thoughts for these past few pages..

On the amplifiers...

1. To be honest, I am not a fan of Focal amplifiers. This might be strange for somebody with two of them at the back of his trunk but I find them expensive for their performance. I got mine at a great price (people still weep over how much I got them) but at the level of Focal FPP/FPX, my vote would be to go for something better -- something like Phoenix Gold Ti amps. They're not popular locally but maybe Mike still has some on sale in their warehouse and those would definitely be a better -- at the very least, better in brand heritage.

2. Focal makes great speakers but not so much on amplifiers. Phoenix Gold has a better reputation when it comes to amplifiers. However, Focal's FPS lineup is great like... Genesis Dual Mono great. Somebody learned to make simple amplifiers with beefy internals and Focal got the FPS right. You can view it as a pricey PHP40,000 amplifier but I view it like getting 90% of Genesis Dual Mono's performance at half the price.

3. Helix makes very good amplifiers that is why I like them over Focal's (at cheaper prices). They're not as well known as their more expensive sibling Brax tho. One of the reasons why they're in-fad now is because.. well, the distributor's doing well in their promotions frankly. It fits what you need in an amplifier: they're small, well-built, and priced well. Many don't know but Helix has been making amps for a long time now and many say that the G series is Dark Blue's successor (Helix Dark Blue 5) which we never really had since first shipment ng Helix Philippines were the H-series and even that was niche.

4. To be honest, their internals are nothing special at these price points tho. You can go China Php15,000 and have the same performance; it just so happens this has Helix's brand over it. But it's really pretty generic inside (which isn't bad really)

5. Mosconi Gladen ONE's are cheap like the Helix. But they're nothing special (so are the Helix'es) but I like their price and in the end that's what matters.

6. If you want an uncommon recommendation, JL XD amplifiers are lovely. It's kinda sad their local pricing is kind of prohibitive but those are excellent amps if you find yourself strolling around in the US.

On the install..

1. Expect it to extend a few days. It's rare for an installer to be perfectly on time when it comes to it. Unless it's a simple setup we're talking about.

On the speakers..

1. I like full-range 2-ways over tweeter + midbass combo's given less dedication in tuning
    2. It's way way easier to tune a full-range speaker than doing a good transition from tweeter to midbass mainly due to the lower cutoff of the 2" driver
    3. However, a good 2-way done correctly sounds better than a full-range + midbass. I swear those Morel Piccolo's from the Fat Lady were magical and the top end sparkle is something the Bewith lacked

On pairing..

1. Unlike many, I'm not a believer in it in a car setting. In home audio, "yes" to a certain degree and "definitely" in earphones/headphones were the driver is direct. But car audio is reflections galore. Your entire curve will change depending on car even with the same gears.
    2. That is why: Buy what speakers you like. For the amplifier, get the baddest one that fits your criteria. As Jeremy Clarkson says: POWAAAHH. Since at the end of the day, you aren't buying tubes. You're buying an amplifier to amplify the sound.
    3. In fact, your goal in car audio is to correct for the room. Everything else revolves around it. I'd take a cheap but tuned system over a non-tuned pricey one anytime.

On experience..

The biggest lesson I can say is that: don't fall into the gear trap. Good sound is very subjective; this isn't like camera where a medium-format sensor is technically superior in all aspects. I might have roughly Php300,000 of SRP goodies in my trunk but I really do enjoy streaming Spotify Premium. Purists would scream why aren't I doing Hi-Res but hell.. I'm 100% good.

Second is that: 98% are content with just good sound.
    I have three systems at home:
    - one that can rival condo units in cost (completely treated, monoblock amps, 6-digit speakers)
    - one is my room system: untreated room, PHP32K Dynaudio bookshelf, a Php25,000 1995 Classe amplifier (srp: 6-digits inflation adjusted)
    - and the last one is a PHP15,000 Klipsch bookshelf powered monitor and a Php5000 10" active Monoprice subwoofer as my computer speakers

And trust me: the difference in "sound" is huge between them. But I spend most of my time in the last one and I don't find myself firing the first one and waiting for the pre-amp tubes to warm up to listen to Ed Sheeran. If I were to divide my time, it's 10%; 30%; and 60%. While I complain that these Klipsh's vocals are far from the Dynaudio (which I swear are so lovely), I don't see myself chucking them off the window. Way way better than my old Logitech's anyway. I'm very much content with them.

My next setup will be more simple.
    1. PHP 30,000 on a full-range + midbass in enclosure
    2. PHP 15,000~ 4-channel amp + DSP
    3. #CheapBewithLessons

*tutituts24
    1. Remember, your biggest sound determinant is the speakers. Spend most of your cash on it.
    2. Keep your subwoofers cheap, speakers expensive, and the amplifier somewhere in between.
    3. So not a fan of generic head units, sorry to say. But I would forgive the sound difference if it gives a better user experience (ex. if it's on Android with a good screen and good screen responsiveness) especially if you're on a budget.

*gaol
    I'll go for the Audible Physics option of Mickey on the reasons stated on the "speaker" comments.

And that ends my wall of texts.
    Which 4 channel amp with dsp would you recommend that has a budget of 15k? Thanks

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Goodmorning sirs..i think this would help to other audio set up beginners (like me). I have some converted music videos for pioneer avh 595bt (hindi ko lang po alam kung magplay sya sa other pioneer HU) in higher audio and video bit rate..most of my converted music videos are as follows..boyce avenue, wish 107.5, new rnb and millennial song daw hehehe at marami pa..at still downloading at converting pa din..PM nyu lang ako kung gusto nyu magcopy..di naman siguro ako OT dito as this will also form part of the audio set up natin mga sirs hehehe..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I finally got the chance to upgrade the sound system on my mux. Installed are GroundZero gzic 16x in front but replaced the tweeters to RE and a Phoenix gold basscase8 amplified by a GroundZero Mini Four and powered by Pioneer x5750bt. Thanks to Maspro Enterprises for the great install!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    I finally got the chance to upgrade the sound system on my mux. Installed are GroundZero gzic 16x in front but replaced the tweeters to RE and a Phoenix gold basscase8 amplified by a GroundZero Mini Four and powered by Pioneer x5750bt. Thanks to Maspro Enterprises for the great install!

Boss how much yung damage?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    Boss how much yung damage?
    I paid 55k all in all. Nabili ko yung mga gamit sa Warehouse sale ni sir Mike except the headunit, panel and the wirings. [emoji4]

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    I paid 55k all in all. Nabili ko yung mga gamit sa Warehouse sale ni sir Mike except the headunit, panel and the wirings. [emoji4]

kumusta po yung PG basscase 8? kaya ba ang cabin ng MUX?

hinde po ba bitin? salamat po.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    *Joke_Serious and babybackrivs
    Sorry for the late reply. But sure, I'll send you a PM with my number on it. Just hit me up if you're gonna drop by as I hang out often there.

*mortis
    There is none I believe. I think China branded amplifiers like SoundMagus has tho as that price point. Alternatively, you can just purchase them separately. I believe LightningLab DSPs go as low as PHP5,000. Fingers crossed nalang tayo sa quality but I'm not a believer of "expensive" DSPs either. In fact, US-site DIYMA has loved miniDSPs in their builds since 2007 and the HK-based DSP provider really does provide cheap processing (they've recently grown and branched out tho)

*beni23
    How much yun GZ mini amp? :O
    Last edited by jhnkvn; August 16th, 2017 at 09:02 PM.

audio set-up for beginners [continued]