New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 255 of 307 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 3070
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Joke_Serious View Post
    amps lang po ang pinalagay ko kanina sir..audison po ang pinalagay ko tapos ginawang full active na lang po ni jonz ang focal 165f seps ko sir..malinis na nga po ang tunog hehehe heto na po set up ko ngayon sir HU - pioneer avh 595bt, focal 165f full active seps, audison sr4 amps at focal bp20 bomba active sub..NOTE*** di ko po isahang bili yan sir one at a time lang pero nabuo din sa awa ng Diyos
    grats.. ako magsisimula pa lang. buti sa luzon, maraming reputable audio shops, dito sa probinsya namin, ewan ko lang, actually yung magiging installer ko ngaun is recommended by the Focal PH, wala naman siya shop, he install and fabricate word works at home. and actually there is que for his services, i've booked my slot already from a month back and my sched will be this coming 25th.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ikloyputograpi View Post
    grats.. ako magsisimula pa lang. buti sa luzon, maraming reputable audio shops, dito sa probinsya namin, ewan ko lang, actually yung magiging installer ko ngaun is recommended by the Focal PH, wala naman siya shop, he install and fabricate word works at home. and actually there is que for his services, i've booked my slot already from a month back and my sched will be this coming 25th.
    thank you po sir..critical stage po dyan sir ang pagtotono..i am lucky lang na si jonz ang nagtono..makikita mo talaga ang mastery nya pagdating sa pagtotono with all the gadgets pa hehehe hindi tainga lang..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    Sa totoo lang boss never pa ako nakakita ng focal seps na powered by focal amps. Usually audison/helix/rockford ang terno.
    kinda bit worried when you stated this one because i have pre-ordered already the items to be installed on my vehicle, but alas, searching thru FB pages from the reputable shops in the metro, tho its not common, but at least these guys has already installed fpx/fd amps at least once on this following shops.
    (a) JC Car Audio - Land Rover
    (b) Timsaudiogarage - Ranger
    (c) Simplesound - Santa Fe
    (d) Mickey Autosound - Pajero
    To ponder, why these shops not recommend the focal amps, it will be audisons and helix that are always posted.
    Why i choose the focal amps maybe because of their sizes, my vehicle doesn't have that much cargo space compared to other suvs.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    if in any case i would want to hook up a pair of coaxials with an amplifier, how many channels do i need? is it 4ch also?
    a pair for the woofer and a pair for the tweeters? is this how it works?, complete newbie regarding audio setups, i just don't want to end up paying when its not needed.

say for example i would want to install a PC 165F a Focal Expert Coaxial having nom power of 70w RMS, with an impedance of 4 ohms. and as per what i've read at Crutchfield, amp should range between 75%-150% of what the speakers RMS is. so tentatively it will be 55w-105w range. so approximately a Helix G4 having * 4 Ohms 4 x 80 will be satisfactory right?..

this (car audio) is just rocket science for me, no idea from the beginning, awaiting for your inputs guys, thanks in advance.
    4 channel if you need to hook up the coax.

Channel 1-Left Separates (tweet and midbass then naka-crossover)
    Channel 2-Right Separates (tweet and midbass then naka-crossover)
    Channel 3-Left Coax
    Channel 4-Right Coax

Yes 80watts per channel is ok na. Actually for me more than enough na yan for "basic" set-up.

i thought so too, majority of the focal seps are being paired with helix or audisons. i have only seen some post twice from timsaudiogarage being a full focal setup (seps with fpx amps), but then again, so you were saying focal fpx's line doesn't blend well with its speakers?
    I think it boils down to the amplifier characteristic. May sinasabi kasi na "dark-sounding" amps like helix and audison which complements the "warm and bright" sound characteristic of the focal fpx.

kinda bit worried when you stated this one because i have pre-ordered already the items to be installed on my vehicle, but alas, searching thru FB pages from the reputable shops in the metro, tho its not common, but at least these guys has already installed fpx/fd amps at least once on this following shops.
    (a) JC Car Audio - Land Rover
    (b) Timsaudiogarage - Ranger
    (c) Simplesound - Santa Fe
    (d) Mickey Autosound - Pajero
    To ponder, why these shops not recommend the focal amps, it will be audisons and helix that are always posted.
    Why i choose the focal amps maybe because of their sizes, my vehicle doesn't have that much cargo space compared to other suvs.
    I think yan yung mga owner specified na "one brand" set-up ang gusto nila hence ganyan yung set-up. No problem naman sa focal amps but i think mas better matched lang ang helix/audison.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    4 channel if you need to hook up the coax.

I think yan yung mga owner specified na "one brand" set-up ang gusto nila hence ganyan yung set-up. No problem naman sa focal amps but i think mas better matched lang ang helix/audison.
    well noted. also in addition if budget permits fpx isn't too bad as well

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    My thoughts for these past few pages..

On the amplifiers...

1. To be honest, I am not a fan of Focal amplifiers. This might be strange for somebody with two of them at the back of his trunk but I find them expensive for their performance. I got mine at a great price (people still weep over how much I got them) but at the level of Focal FPP/FPX, my vote would be to go for something better -- something like Phoenix Gold Ti amps. They're not popular locally but maybe Mike still has some on sale in their warehouse and those would definitely be a better -- at the very least, better in brand heritage.

2. Focal makes great speakers but not so much on amplifiers. Phoenix Gold has a better reputation when it comes to amplifiers. However, Focal's FPS lineup is great like... Genesis Dual Mono great. Somebody learned to make simple amplifiers with beefy internals and Focal got the FPS right. You can view it as a pricey PHP40,000 amplifier but I view it like getting 90% of Genesis Dual Mono's performance at half the price.

3. Helix makes very good amplifiers that is why I like them over Focal's (at cheaper prices). They're not as well known as their more expensive sibling Brax tho. One of the reasons why they're in-fad now is because.. well, the distributor's doing well in their promotions frankly. It fits what you need in an amplifier: they're small, well-built, and priced well. Many don't know but Helix has been making amps for a long time now and many say that the G series is Dark Blue's successor (Helix Dark Blue 5) which we never really had since first shipment ng Helix Philippines were the H-series and even that was niche.

4. To be honest, their internals are nothing special at these price points tho. You can go China Php15,000 and have the same performance; it just so happens this has Helix's brand over it. But it's really pretty generic inside (which isn't bad really)

5. Mosconi Gladen ONE's are cheap like the Helix. But they're nothing special (so are the Helix'es) but I like their price and in the end that's what matters.

6. If you want an uncommon recommendation, JL XD amplifiers are lovely. It's kinda sad their local pricing is kind of prohibitive but those are excellent amps if you find yourself strolling around in the US.

On the install..

1. Expect it to extend a few days. It's rare for an installer to be perfectly on time when it comes to it. Unless it's a simple setup we're talking about.

On the speakers..

1. I like full-range 2-ways over tweeter + midbass combo's given less dedication in tuning
    2. It's way way easier to tune a full-range speaker than doing a good transition from tweeter to midbass mainly due to the lower cutoff of the 2" driver
    3. However, a good 2-way done correctly sounds better than a full-range + midbass. I swear those Morel Piccolo's from the Fat Lady were magical and the top end sparkle is something the Bewith lacked

On pairing..

1. Unlike many, I'm not a believer in it in a car setting. In home audio, "yes" to a certain degree and "definitely" in earphones/headphones were the driver is direct. But car audio is reflections galore. Your entire curve will change depending on car even with the same gears.
    2. That is why: Buy what speakers you like. For the amplifier, get the baddest one that fits your criteria. As Jeremy Clarkson says: POWAAAHH. Since at the end of the day, you aren't buying tubes. You're buying an amplifier to amplify the sound.
    3. In fact, your goal in car audio is to correct for the room. Everything else revolves around it. I'd take a cheap but tuned system over a non-tuned pricey one anytime.

On experience..

The biggest lesson I can say is that: don't fall into the gear trap. Good sound is very subjective; this isn't like camera where a medium-format sensor is technically superior in all aspects. I might have roughly Php300,000 of SRP goodies in my trunk but I really do enjoy streaming Spotify Premium. Purists would scream why aren't I doing Hi-Res but hell.. I'm 100% good.

Second is that: 98% are content with just good sound.
    I have three systems at home:
    - one that can rival condo units in cost (completely treated, monoblock amps, 6-digit speakers)
    - one is my room system: untreated room, PHP32K Dynaudio bookshelf, a Php25,000 1995 Classe amplifier (srp: 6-digits inflation adjusted)
    - and the last one is a PHP15,000 Klipsch bookshelf powered monitor and a Php5000 10" active Monoprice subwoofer as my computer speakers

And trust me: the difference in "sound" is huge between them. But I spend most of my time in the last one and I don't find myself firing the first one and waiting for the pre-amp tubes to warm up to listen to Ed Sheeran. If I were to divide my time, it's 10%; 30%; and 60%. While I complain that these Klipsh's vocals are far from the Dynaudio (which I swear are so lovely), I don't see myself chucking them off the window. Way way better than my old Logitech's anyway. I'm very much content with them.

My next setup will be more simple.
    1. PHP 30,000 on a full-range + midbass in enclosure
    2. PHP 15,000~ 4-channel amp + DSP
    3. #CheapBewithLessons

*tutituts24
    1. Remember, your biggest sound determinant is the speakers. Spend most of your cash on it.
    2. Keep your subwoofers cheap, speakers expensive, and the amplifier somewhere in between.
    3. So not a fan of generic head units, sorry to say. But I would forgive the sound difference if it gives a better user experience (ex. if it's on Android with a good screen and good screen responsiveness) especially if you're on a budget.

*gaol
    I'll go for the Audible Physics option of Mickey on the reasons stated on the "speaker" comments.

And that ends my wall of texts.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; August 8th, 2017 at 12:12 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post

On the amplifiers...

1. To be honest, I am not a fan of Focal amplifiers. This might be strange for somebody with two of them at the back of his trunk but I find them expensive for their performance. I got mine at a great price (people still weep over how much I got them) but at the level of Focal FPP/FPX, my vote would be to go for something better -- something like Phoenix Gold Ti amps. They're not popular locally but maybe Mike still has some on sale in their warehouse and those would definitely be a better -- at the very least, better in brand heritage.

2. Focal makes great speakers but not so much on amplifiers. Phoenix Gold has a better reputation when it comes to amplifiers. However, Focal's FPS lineup is great like... Genesis Dual Mono great. Somebody learned to make simple amplifiers with beefy internals and Focal got the FPS right. You can view it as a pricey PHP40,000 amplifier but I view it like getting 90% of Genesis Dual Mono's performance at half the price.

3. Helix makes very good amplifiers that is why I like them over Focal's (at cheaper prices). They're not as well known as their more expensive sibling Brax tho. One of the reasons why they're in-fad now is because.. well, the distributor's doing well in their promotions frankly. It fits what you need in an amplifier: they're small, well-built, and priced well. Many don't know but Helix has been making amps for a long time now and many say that the G series is Dark Blue's successor (Helix Dark Blue 5) which we never really had since first shipment ng Helix Philippines were the H-series and even that was niche.

4. To be honest, their internals are nothing special at these price points tho. You can go China Php15,000 and have the same performance; it just so happens this has Helix's brand over it. But it's really pretty generic inside (which isn't bad really)

5. Mosconi Gladen ONE's are cheap like the Helix. But they're nothing special (so are the Helix'es) but I like their price and in the end that's what matters.

6. If you want an uncommon recommendation, JL XD amplifiers are lovely. It's kinda sad their local pricing is kind of prohibitive but those are excellent amps if you find yourself strolling around in the US.

On the install..

1. Expect it to extend a few days. It's rare for an installer to be perfectly on time when it comes to it. Unless it's a simple setup we're talking about.

On the speakers..

1. I like full-range 2-ways over tweeter + midbass combo's given less dedication in tuning
    2. It's way way easier to tune a full-range speaker than doing a good transition from tweeter to midbass mainly due to the lower cutoff of the 2" driver
    3. However, a good 2-way done correctly sounds better than a full-range + midbass. I swear those Morel Piccolo's from the Fat Lady were magical and the top end sparkle is something the Bewith lacked

On pairing..

1. Unlike many, I'm not a believer in it in a car setting. In home audio, "yes" to a certain degree and "definitely" in earphones/headphones were the driver is direct. But car audio is reflections galore. Your entire curve will change depending on car even with the same gears.
    2. That is why: Buy what speakers you like. For the amplifier, get the baddest one that fits your criteria. As Jeremy Clarkson says: POWAAAHH. Since at the end of the day, you aren't buying tubes. You're buying an amplifier to amplify the sound.
    3. In fact, your goal in car audio is to correct for the room. Everything else revolves around it. I'd take a cheap but tuned system over a non-tuned pricey one anytime.

On experience..

The biggest lesson I can say is that: don't fall into the gear trap. Good sound is very subjective; this isn't like camera where a medium-format sensor is technically superior in all aspects. I might have roughly Php300,000 of SRP goodies in my trunk but I really do enjoy streaming Spotify Premium. Purists would scream why aren't I doing Hi-Res but hell.. I'm 100% good.

- one that can rival condo units in cost (completely treated, monoblock amps, 6-digit speakers)
    - one is my room system: untreated room, PHP32K Dynaudio bookshelf, a Php25,000 1995 Classe amplifier (srp: 6-digits inflation adjusted)
    - and the last one is a PHP15,000 Klipsch bookshelf powered monitor and a Php5000 10" active Monoprice subwoofer as my computer speakers

And trust me: the difference in "sound" is huge between them. But I spend most of my time in the last one and I don't find myself firing the first one and waiting for the pre-amp tubes to warm up to listen to Ed Sheeran. If I were to divide my time, it's 10%; 30%; and 60%. While I complain that these Klipsh's vocals are far from the Dynaudio (which I swear are so lovely), I don't see myself chucking them off the window. Way way better than my old Logitech's anyway. I'm very much content with them.

3. #CheapBewithLessons

*tutituts24
    1. Remember, your biggest sound determinant is the speakers. Spend most of your cash on it.
    2. Keep your subwoofers cheap, speakers expensive, and the amplifier somewhere in between.
    3. So not a fan of generic head units, sorry to say. But I would forgive the sound difference if it gives a better user experience (ex. if it's on Android with a good screen and good screen responsiveness) especially if you're on a budget.

*gaol
    I'll go for the Audible Physics option of Mickey on the reasons stated on the "speaker" comments.

astounding thorough input.. well noted sir.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007

On the amplifiers...

On the install..

On the speakers..

On pairing..

On experience..

3. #CheapBewithLessons

*tutituts24

*gaol

Long read, but very, very informative! Thanks for the suggestions, bro!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ano po suggestions HU na kaya:
    1. apple carplay and android auto
    2. phone mirroring?
    3. standalone navigation like maps.me or osm
    4. tv plus ready
    5. backing cam ready
    6. can be paired to another bigger monitor in a van.
    7. front and or rear (backing cam?) dashcam real time display?
    8. has good built-in sounds na will just upgrade stock speakers to better ones not larger speakers

it will be for a van

thanks

10. Join Date
    Aug 2017

On the amplifiers...

On the install..

On the speakers..

On pairing..

On experience..

3. #CheapBewithLessons

*tutituts24

*gaol

Sirhow i wish maaudition ko ang tunog ng set up mo hehehe sana mapagbigyan mo ako..

audio set-up for beginners [continued]