New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 728 of 784 FirstFirst ... 628678718724725726727728729730731732738778 ... LastLast
Results 7,271 to 7,280 of 7833
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Hi, just want to ask if how much is the typical cost for a full body paint for Toyota Innova. Planning to have it repainted since I can see some paint deterioration in some areas especially the car roof.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    sa labas ba yan? if yes, sa small portion nya ay try mo daanan ng blade. tignan mo kung parang may material na umangat or madurog. malamang isa sa chemical na ginamit mo HINDI na cure, nalinis or na buff ng maayos
    yes master sa labas sya. ayan sya o pag mag start pa lang. tas maya maya lalaki na gang sa maging ganun na.img_20191115_163448.jpg

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Almost a month update on the Microtex crystal fx, still beads like crazy and water also sheets quickly.

Just to refresh, I applied two coats of crystal fx on the panels. No reapplication of product. If I recall correctly, around 6-7 carwashes up to today. Also this car is parked exposed to the elements (sun, heat and rain).

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Almost a month update on the Microtex crystal fx, still beads like crazy and water also sheets quickly.

Just to refresh, I applied two coats of crystal fx on the panels. No reapplication of product. If I recall correctly, around 6-7 carwashes up to today. Also this car is parked exposed to the elements (sun, heat and rain).
    looks like a durable LSP, and a good hydrophobic properties too[emoji106]

may i see the bottle? i searched for microtex crystal fx and im seeing the Glaz Crystal FX which is made by mtx or formerly microtex, pareho ba?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    looks like a durable LSP, and a good hydrophobic properties too[emoji106]

may i see the bottle? i searched for microtex crystal fx and im seeing the Glaz Crystal FX which is made by mtx or formerly microtex, pareho ba?

Microtex/Glaz Crystal FX are one and the same. Using it too. Satisfied with its hydrophobic properties. Applied it every other month.

I went to the Auto Saloon *SMX the other day and bought 1 gal of the Robert Doyle Beadmaker. Will try this next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by polar01 View Post
    I went to the Auto Saloon *SMX the other day and bought 1 gal of the Robert Doyle Beadmaker. Will try this next.
    Is this the same with P&S Beadmaker? I use this every after carwash as a drying aid. Enhanced gloss and durable hydrophobic properties. Makes it easy to wash the car every after 2 weeks.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Is this the same with P&S Beadmaker? I use this every after carwash as a drying aid. Enhanced gloss and durable hydrophobic properties. Makes it easy to wash the car every after 2 weeks.
    Yes, same lang bro. How often do you apply? The sales person said that i can apply to the windshield/glass as well as headlights to protect from watermarks.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Microtex/Glaz Crystal FX are one and the same. Using it too. Satisfied with its hydrophobic properties. Applied it every other month.

okay, thanks for the info. and how much is a gallon of beadmaker cost naman?[emoji6]

so much of the nano-coatings and hydrophobic sprays nowadays. no doubt they seem to be making the traditional carnauba paste waxes obsolete. and i still have cans of paste waxes in my detailing box[emoji85]

my TW seal and shine and new ceramic coating is on the way. i like to try that crystal fx, the beadmaker (nice name)...is it time to ditch the time consuming paste wax and go for the easy and more convenient synthetic spray? but wax then topped with spray sealant sounds nice though[emoji4]

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    okay, thanks for the info. and how much is a gallon of beadmaker cost naman?[emoji6]

so much of the nano-coatings and hydrophobic sprays nowadays. no doubt they seem to be making the traditional carnauba paste waxes obsolete. and i still have cans of paste waxes in my detailing box[emoji85]

my TW seal and shine and new ceramic coating is on the way. i like to try that crystal fx, the beadmaker (nice name)...is it time to ditch the time consuming paste wax and go for the easy and more convenient synthetic spray? but wax then topped with spray sealant sounds nice though[emoji4]

The 1 gal cost me around 2500 after discount. Their 500 ml is ₱600. They also have in 1 liter but forgot the cost.

Waxing is a stress buster for me so i will continue to do that usual routine and top up/maintain with spray on until the next sched to wax.[emoji4]

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    The 1 gal cost me around 2500 after discount. Their 500 ml is ₱600. They also have in 1 liter but forgot the cost.

Waxing is a stress buster for me so i will continue to do that usual routine and top up/maintain with spray on until the next sched to wax.[emoji4]

okay thanks again. a gallon goes a loooong way and save some pesoses in the long run.

yeah, i stiil believe nothing beats the old school wax on/wax off way[emoji23]

so in your next waxing schedule, how do you remove the tough and durable spray sealants? do you use heavy shampoo, paint decontamination, APC, degreaser and the like to prepped the paint? does IPA wipe enough to remove the residue(s) of spray sealants before applying a carnauba wax?

review videos (like the tw seal & shine) showed that spray sealants or similar sprays with hydrophobic properties are that durable and even APC's can hardly remove it even after many washes. my point is, if i want to apply paste wax and ensure proper bonding to the paint, i must remove first the old spray sealant. now, since its really that tough to remove (not unless maybe newly polished/prepped), then re-waxing may not be practical anymore once you started using hydrophobic sprays. i think the wax simply will not adhere to the paint. going back again to the question of wax before sealant? or sealant before wax?[emoji2960][emoji85][emoji23]

"Tamang OC lang" - a newbie's guide to car appearance maintenance