New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 678 of 784 FirstFirst ... 578628668674675676677678679680681682688728778 ... LastLast
Results 6,771 to 6,780 of 7833
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post
    Namumuti yung mga rubber and plastic trim, paano ma restore?
    You can try Microtex sun shield, although it will only last me a week or so and I have to apply again.

Recently, the plastic part below the windshield were becoming white. I experimented with Microtex Stainz Guard and I have good results at the moment.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    You can try Microtex sun shield, although it will only last me a week or so and I have to apply again.

Recently, the plastic part below the windshield were becoming white. I experimented with Microtex Stainz Guard and I have good results at the moment.
    Sir hindi yung plastic sa ibabaw Dashboard na nasa loob, yung rubber na nasa sidings ng doors and yung plastic trim sa labas (between doors) not sure kung ano tawag doon.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Sir hindi yung plastic sa ibabaw Dashboard na nasa loob, yung rubber na nasa sidings ng doors and yung plastic trim sa labas (between doors) not sure kung ano tawag doon.
    Yes, I tried sun shield with those plastic trims.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    I use Meguiar's Gold Class Trim Detailer to keep a 19yo CRV rubber and plastic trims in good condition

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Yes, I tried sun shield with those plastic trims.
    Does it last?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    I use Meguiar's Gold Class Trim Detailer to keep a 19yo CRV rubber and plastic trims in good condition

You have a nice looking CR-V! I think I made a mistake when I had the car repainted. Those black plastic trims were good for a couple of months only after the repaint.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    You have a nice looking CR-V! I think I made a mistake when I had the car repainted. Those black plastic trims were good for a couple of months only after the repaint.
    I have to admit I was tempted to have the CRV repainted including the trims but my dad hesitated. He prefers to keep the CRV's paint and bumpers untouched. The clear coat is already gone and there are some few paint cracks already but he still prefers to keep it as it is.

Keeping those original trims in good condition can be tedious. On a rainy month, I have to reapply the trim detailer every 2 weeks. During summer season it can last up to 2 months.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    I have to admit I was tempted to have the CRV repainted including the trims but my dad hesitated. He prefers to keep the CRV's paint and bumpers untouched. The clear coat is already gone and there are some few paint cracks already but he still prefers to keep it as it is.

Keeping those original trims in good condition can be tedious. On a rainy month, I have to reapply the trim detailer every 2 weeks. During summer season it can last up to 2 months.
    I inquired for a repaint in Alex Restoration and the price is gold!!! 300,000 Pesos for a basic package. If I may stray further from the topic, why is it that your bumper doesn't have its body color? I observed this with a body color like yours.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    I inquired for a repaint in Alex Restoration and the price is gold!!! 300,000 Pesos for a basic package. If I may stray further from the topic, why is it that your bumper doesn't have its body color? I observed this with a body color like yours.
    This CRV with the bare plastic bumper is one of those 1st batch that arrived here in PH. It was bought Dec 1998 if I remember correctly.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    i think it will turn okay yang na-compound mo once you do finishing with M205.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I'm hopeful also. Haha. M205 with polishing/finishing pad, speed around 4500rpm, little pressure as possible. Para lang mag-'pop' ung paint. After that one coat of carnauba. Then curing time muna bago i-apply ung gustong kong i-try na product, megs fast finish. Hehe

"Tamang OC lang" - a newbie's guide to car appearance maintenance