New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Budget my friend - biglaan due to accident.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    lahatin mo na dude, don't skimp on this process, its either all or nothing. why? so that the base coat and primer could be applied evenly. Down the road you will not regret doing this. BTW read theveeds link...
    I agree. Try to talk to the insurance guy kung pwede nyang diskartehan yun para sa yo. Trust us! Pwede yan and minimal lang ilalabas mong pera. Sayang kse eh....

Quote Originally Posted by ineedmorehp
    Budget my friend - biglaan due to accident.
    ...especially if you are on a budget. Sayang talaga IMHO. Saang talyer mo papagawa tsikot mo? Baka sakaling may may talyer na Tsikoteer dito that may be accredited by your insurance.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    GM Autoworld Shaw - the only Honda being repaired inside their garage.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    GM Autoworld Shaw - the only Honda being repaired inside their garage.
    Ayos ah! hehehe! Good luck sa paint job pare! Sana walang bulilyaso. I think GM is notorious for having bad service, daw. But I'm not sure. Post ka ng pix pag tapos na!

ineedmorehp:
    How much are they charging you?
    How long will it take for them to finish it?
    How will they match the color? Is it computerized? If not it will be hard to match the color...
    What prep material are they gonna use?

Problem with not repainting other panels is that the color will most probobly not match especially if its not computerized because there is fading in the old paint unless maintained properly.... Pag mano mano yung color matching I suggest you find another painter... IMO

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi
    Ayos ah! hehehe! Good luck sa paint job pare! Sana walang bulilyaso. I think GM is notorious for having bad service, daw. But I'm not sure. Post ka ng pix pag tapos na!
    Hehe... sana nga ok. According to a contact, they're good in repainting and restoring same color.

Btw, ganda pala ng bagong kulay ng Aveo nila, parang same color ng sakin pero mas vissible yung silver effect. (Kumukutikutitap. Perong hindi batik-batik na parang sabon panlaba ah. Hehe)

Another question, nakakita ako ng pink changing to green (vice versa) color gradient on Honda ESi. Ganda! Panu yun?!

OT: Bro, uu nga pala ang linis ng marikina. Sobra.

ineedmorehp:
    How much are they charging you? - 6K for the whole repaint; same color DuPont Urethane.

How long will it take for them to finish it? - 2 weeks, I'll get it maybe Monday or Wednesday

How will they match the color? Is it computerized? If not it will be hard to match the color... - Palette (tsk!) + computerized mix/computation according to them.

What prep material are they gonna use? - Dunno.

Problem with not repainting other panels is that the color will most probobly not match especially if its not computerized because there is fading in the old paint unless maintained properly.... Pag mano mano yung color matching I suggest you find another painter... IMO - I left 3 panels which forced them to paint the whole car to match everything.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ESi '94, Sikkens na may pagka sky blue. Palitan nila ng DuPont or RM, pero DuPont nalng daw. Ask ko process nila, remove the color and respray the paint. Tapos sabi talagang sakit ng Civic 92-94 yun roof, so iba cut-weld sa imported na Civic. Syempre 4 door ha! Hehe.. how much un roof na imported? yun w/ sun/moon roof? Basic palang yun so kelangan ko pa pinturahan...
    i know what you're talking about sa roof problem ng mga civic EG. parang may bumubulutong along 3 horizontal lines sa roof ng civic mo? yup sakit nga ng mga civic yan. (and tama ka din na the usual solution is to replace the roof.) may isa pang solusyon dyan pero unfortunately hindi ko alam (sorry). ine-explain ng mekaniko sa akin dati pero di ko maintindihan. subukan mo dumaan sa MCR Car Services sa agoncillo st. sa malate. hanapin mo si al (siya may-ari ng shop). (btw, hindi ako si al. customer niya ako.) sa kanya ka pa-explain on what to do.

(sorry that's the best help i can give you. problema din dati ng civic ko yan. kaya lang ibinenta ko na ang civic tapos ko ipagawa sa kanila.)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Problem with not repainting other panels is that the color will most probobly not match especially if its not computerized because there is fading in the old paint unless maintained properly.... Pag mano mano yung color matching I suggest you find another painter... IMO
    you can get a perfect color match mano mano as long as the painter is experienced and he has the proper formula book and the right "ingredients" - i.e. not just adding the correct pigments but knowing which types of mica or metal flake to use. but i do agree that it is safer to use the 'computerized' method.

but it's also not a good idea to rely 100% on computer matches because in my experience they can also come out wrong. the painter has to also know how to manually adjust the paint to color match perfectly.

i also agree that it is easier to blend out to adjacent panels (however, too often painters will use this as a crutch to substitute for not perfectly color-matching the paint, bad bad bad)...this doesn't require too much extra effort because all they're doing is spraying the basecoat lightly on the other panel, and clearcoating everything.

i hate doing this - i preferred to try to get the color matched as perfectly as possible and spray as small an area as i could...otherwise you end up repainting half the car for a simple door repair

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    ops medyo ot...hehe

mga masters saan kayo nakakabili ng 2K~4k na pang wetsand..salamat

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Thanks sa mga reply nyo. Post ko pic before and after... pag nakuha ko na oto...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Paint