New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Agree with M54, Dupont or PPG is the way to go (more durable and flexible... less headaches down the road), just make sure that the prep material they use is also Dupont or PPG... cuz some unscrupulous paintshops use substandard prep material and branded clear or base coat. Remember the most important step in the painting process is the prep.

With regards to your roof having rust, I guess you have no choice but to scrap to metal, just make sure that the shop knows what they're doing. Its ain't gonna be cheap, but you get what you pay for.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Pano yung ibang panels na d painted kasi wala naman probl, d kaya mag iba shade nun d pantay?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    make sure na may computerized yung color matching nung paintshop mo kundi baka hindi magpantay yan.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    DON'T cut the roof and replace. Again, DON'T! Follow M54 Powered's advise. The structural integrity of the vehicle is compromised. I suggest that you add a little more so that you can get the whole vehicle repainted, including the other panels that does not need repainting (daw). Ikaw na bahala makipag usap sa insurance adjuster (yung nga ba tawag dun?).
    Last edited by russpogi; November 23rd, 2005 at 01:28 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ok. Thanks guys. I've things are already finalized like paint, DuPont, my replacement parts for the damaged caused by the collision, etc. except if I want the whole car repainted or just the roof to eliminate that rust.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedmorehp
    Ok. Thanks guys. I've things are already finalized like paint, DuPont, my replacement parts for the damaged caused by the collision, etc. except if I want the whole car repainted or just the roof to eliminate that rust.

Lahatin mo na lang IMO. Scrape to metal and have the rust removed with a rust converter. Be sure to rinse that area as the rust converter residues may damage the new paint as well.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi
    Lahatin mo na lang IMO. Scrape to metal and have the rust removed with a rust converter. Be sure to rinse that area as the rust converter residues may damage the new paint as well.
    LOL! Nde ko pina-lahat, 4 panels naiwan, pina sama ko roof dahil sa rust so minus 1. Dahil sa ayaw nila ng backjob. Lalahatin na nila Hehehe. Pero they will not repair dents on the panels not really included in the repair.

What's rust converter?! D ko lam yun... pa explain. Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    LOL! Nde ko pina-lahat, 4 panels naiwan, pina sama ko roof dahil sa rust so minus 1. Dahil sa ayaw nila ng backjob. Lalahatin na nila Hehehe. Pero they will not repair dents on the panels not really included in the repair.
    Sayang naman...

What's rust converter?! D ko lam yun... pa explain. Thanks.
    Chemical yun pare parang muriatic acid na ginagamit na banyo. Halos pareho din yung principle of using it: apply the rust converter on metals with rust, let it sit for about 24 (yata) then scrape the rusted parts and rinse well with water. I'm not really sure ha! Better check the instructions on the container. Parang tubig lang yun pare. Meron yan sa mga paint shops and hardware. Mura lang din yun.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ah ok, i'll check it latar... balikan ko sa talyer. Yung mga dent meron naman mga shop that can repair dents w/o damaging paint. Thanks sa mga suggestions and help.

lahatin mo na dude, don't skimp on this process, its either all or nothing. why? so that the base coat and primer could be applied evenly. Down the road you will not regret doing this. BTW read theveeds link...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Paint