New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Anu ba magandang brand ng automotive paint?
    Sikkens, DuPont, Anzhal, RM (unknown to me. Info naman...), PPG

Tuwing kelan ba kailangan magpa-repaint?

Anung technology ng paint ngayon and maganda?

Anung paraan ng pagpaint?
    Washover, Scrape to metal, top-coat, etc.?

Info naman.. THanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedmorehp
    Anu ba magandang brand ng automotive paint?
    Sikkens, DuPont, Anzhal, RM (unknown to me. Info naman...), PPG
    Sikkens, DuPont, Anzhal, Nippon... depende kung ano hanap mo: Acrylic or Urethane (I suggest Urethane)

Tuwing kelan ba kailangan magpa-repaint?
    Depende sa yo pare.

Anung technology ng paint ngayon and maganda?
    Ok na sa kin yung backyard na talyer. (May tropa kse akong may talyer kse hilig nya talaga so sa kanya kme ni erpats nagpapagawa.) Pero if you need more info on this, ask our fellow tsikoteers. Di na kse updated kung may bagong technology sa paint job aside from the oven-bake process.

Anung paraan ng pagpaint?
    Washover, Scrape to metal, top-coat, etc.?
    Depends on two things: your tsikot's condition and your wallet's condition.

Info naman.. THanks!
    You are most welcome!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ayun thanks for the INfo. Follow-up questions:

Sa paint, personal preference?

Sa methodology, which is the best scrape??

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    panong the best scrape? scrape pataas, scrape pababa, scrape diagonally, scrape sideways... ano kaya? loko lang.haha

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Sa paint, personal preference?
    Nippon and Anzhal (both Urethane as Nippon also makes Acrylic paints)

Sa methodology, which is the best scrape??
    What do you mean? Like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by cokyi
    scrape pataas, scrape pababa, scrape diagonally, scrape sideways...
    However, it really depends on the condition of your tsikot. Nga pala, ano nga ba tsikot mo? Year/Model? What color and what color do you plan to replace it with?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ESi '94, Sikkens na may pagka sky blue. Palitan nila ng DuPont or RM, pero DuPont nalng daw. Ask ko process nila, remove the color and respray the paint. Tapos sabi talagang sakit ng Civic 92-94 yun roof, so iba cut-weld sa imported na Civic. Syempre 4 door ha! Hehe.. how much un roof na imported? yun w/ sun/moon roof? Basic palang yun so kelangan ko pa pinturahan...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    former painter here. i don't like RM, but different painters have different preferences. like someone else said, do yourself a favor and go urethane...mas mura nga ang acrylic but the difference in durability is like night and day.

Sikkens is a european paint and for some reason has gotten a reputation of being soft...i don't know why and think it might be BS. btw Sikkens is the oem supplier for BMW. i like it because it's easy to get a perfect gloss with it.

Dupont and PPG are made by the same company. their urethanes are good paints and they're not too expensive.

again, go urethene even if you have to pay a bit more. panalo ka sa durability and ease of maintenance.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Yes, urethane na DuPont nga gagamitin, they gave me assurance that they can match the previous sikkens color. Anyway its their problem on how to do that. Some panels will not be repainted coz not collision-related so insurance policy/rules.

Btw, do you have any comments/suggestion on my roof problem? I hesitant on both solutions, repaint (after few years it will appear again) and cut-and-weld using another imported surplus roof; and at the same time, im considering the price of both.

I want to keep my car, even if its 10+ years old already. Iba pag 1st hand..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bosing di ko linya ang bodywork, but one thing i do know is that if you remove the roof and replace it the structural integrity of the chassis is compromised. may law nga dito sa US na if you cut the roof of the vehicle to repair it, the car is considered a 'salvage' vehicle and you must disclose the repair before you sell it.

bottom line is that your car is less safe

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Uu nga eh. Badtrip... sabi sakit daw ng mga Civic 92-94 yun... anyway, anu opinion mo regarding sa repaint ng mga damaged panels using DuPont and keep the others as is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Paint