New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 254 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    mga boss,patulong naman...i will be having my first major project car na hindi akin.my bestfriends car,sabi ko i detail ko ng basic,can you give me the basic things to do and what will i need?hindi kase sya maselan sa kotse,i've assessed her car already ok naman swirl marks at shine lang ang problem,how about engine detailing steps?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeD View Post
    i'm sure you'll like the results of OCW just like me... but just like the other waxes i've tried, it attracts dust very much that's why i use Showtime a lot between carwash to repel dust... :-)
    how so geargeD? what are the other waxes? after Showtime, there's less dust attraction? I notice dust but close to the weekly wash day so i don't QD much. Sometimes i just hose/pressure washer then dry with a sacrificial chamois next. better the chamois cos it's easier to clean cos i just flap it about like a matador ;)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Kung sa white Asphalt Removal, Clay and AIO + HGSG every to 2 to 3 months depende sa dami ng stains lalo na sa may area ng wheel wells at lower part ng doors. Then Monthly yung HGSG. Yung OCW kahit every other car wash...
    non-whites gather asphalt as much and they're harder to spot. I can spot them before soaping with a mitt then mental note where to kerosene .

It's harder to show the hard work done on light colored cars. but it shows in the evening, when we usually go out for leisure, when it counts. nice work on the white.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    FX spray wax doesn't strip 476, wala syang cleaners. It's safe for KSG, AFAIK. hehe.

it lasts up until the next rain or the next wash... thing is ganyan rin lang ang durability ng mothers step 3 na wax. hehe.
    Hah, eh di kesa mag-step 3 mag spray wax ka na lang pala, pareho lang pala ang durability at mas madali pa i-apply

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by john5 View Post
    mga boss,patulong naman...i will be having my first major project car na hindi akin.my bestfriends car,sabi ko i detail ko ng basic,can you give me the basic things to do and what will i need?hindi kase sya maselan sa kotse,i've assessed her car already ok naman swirl marks at shine lang ang problem,how about engine detailing steps?
    what do you have on hand and what products can you avail? is your friend ready to do the weekly washing and take care of the work you've done afterwards?
    wash, and just because, kero, wash, clay, prewax, wax -- nano glos + sliq na muna. mostly in the newbie's guide to car appearance maintenance

don't forget the wheel wells and wheels and tires and at least vacuum the car interior. and don't worry, the car will surely make a 180 turn towards shine and cleanliness.

unless you know your stuff under the hood, simple muna sa engine detailing and give the utmost caution. clean and dress always with a cloth. wipe clean with a degreaser, wipe to dry, wipe on your dressing. avoid electrical connectors and sensors. ready a stick for hard to reach areas. no pressure. the result/feedback will reach the rest of your barkada

good luck!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    hi again.
    with a light colored car already applied with klasse twins, can i apply mother fx synwax and then OCW? is this okay, lets say twice a month?

thanks

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaynobz View Post
    hi again.
    with a light colored car already applied with klasse twins, can i apply mother fx synwax and then OCW? is this okay, lets say twice a month?

thanks
    The FX Synwax (paste and liquid) contains cleaners, so it might not be the best idea to put it on top of the Klasse twins.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    The FX Synwax (paste and liquid) contains cleaners, so it might not be the best idea to put it on top of the Klasse twins.
    *umi001

so if a car applied with klasse twins, i should only put OCW on top?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaynobz View Post
    *umi001

so if a car applied with klasse twins, i should only put OCW on top?
    You can top it with a wax such as collinite 845, 476, 915, or OCW, or mother's step 3 - the important thing is that what you top it with doesn't have any cleaners that might strip the sealant.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    +1 to this, though the cleaners in FX Synwax are milder than the Klasse AIO, it's either you use FX Synwax or Klasse Twins (AIO + HGSG), and top it with OCW as your LSP...