New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 154 of 254 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2535
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    My car is 6months old.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    [QUOTE=jhnkvn;2334427]Locally? Uhhh... you can't. You'd have to import those or have somebody import them.

Sir, what could be a good substitute? Is meguiar's D115 better than Pinnacle Waterless Wash?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Check sulit.com, Optimum No Rinse is good and versatile, but it's not a waterless wash. It's a rinseless wash so you still soak with water, use ONR like a shampoo, then wipe off. I've also used it as a QD and clay lubricant, just adjust the concentration with water.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by arriachey View Post
    My car is 6months old.
    the 3M Perfect-It Show Car Liquid Wax is a finishing wax so would be right for your new car.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    hi,,, can someone give me a clear idea of what is a car protection paint,,, TIA

6. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by musica View Post

Our Paint Protection Product is a advanced surface protection, much superior than waxes and ordinary sealant in protecting your paint against sun(uv rays), acid rain and contaminants that corrode and eat up the paint faster than rubbing compound. It means your paint will last longer and even glossier than brand new.Our regular paint protection is guaranteed to last for a year. We also have Antricks HD Armour that last for 2 years and it also has scratch resistant property.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Hi Sirs, may alam po ba kayo na auto detailing homeservice within cavite area po?
    any contact number po? TIA

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    if you do some research, you would find out that those "paint protection product" are just synthetic sealants being sold for an outrageous price. it's all about marketing. no way, wax or sealant can last 1 year for a daily driven car.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Ok lang po ba gamitin yung microtex plush sa washing o kaya drying? Wala kasi akong wash mitt, eh hindi naman malinis mabuti kapag microfiber na chamois yung gamit.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by j.salomon View Post
    Sir, what could be a good substitute? Is meguiar's D115 better than Pinnacle Waterless Wash?
    I still do not know why people will go for waterless washes unless you live in a condo where they're tight in water use.

With a soiled car, kahit ano gawin mo.. you cannot use these waterless or rinseless washes on the premise that.. there's not enough lubricity to contain or wash away the dirt. If small pebble comes in contact with your microfiber/mitt, no amount of polymers or whatever can save your paint from being scratched.

Which presents us on why you want these products. For a quick shine just during a car show? Just use a cleaner/wax QD for the insta-shine and insta-fix.

Not participating in a car show? Then don't touch your paint. Your OCness when it comes to these are actually anti-paint protection since you keep on keeping contact with your paint.

Quote Originally Posted by musica View Post
    Detailers' paint protection program is simply a marketing package or deal that involves throwing paint protection stuff (carnauba wax or sealants) to your car. What they actually use differs and that's something you should ask.

For example, Big Bert's PP program uses the Klasse twins KAIO+KSG combination to prep your paint surface by stripping it of impurities and then layering it with a sealant. They then package it on a 3-month time skip from each other since KSG's durability is around 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    if you do some research, you would find out that those "paint protection product" are just synthetic sealants being sold for an outrageous price. it's all about marketing. no way, wax or sealant can last 1 year for a daily driven car.
    Not really. Some aren't classified as wax or sealants anymore.. and you can say they're more high-tech. For example, Optimum's Optiguard/Opticoat is like adding a few layers of clearcoat. Antrick's HD program, on the otherhand, uses 3D's HD Nitro as their product (I believe) and it gives comparable performance to Optimum's Opticoat -- just a different method in tackling the problem of durability. Madami dami din sa market such as ceramic coating, etc.

Personally, I'm not a fan of detailer X's paint protection products. I'm a fan of paint protection programs though.

Quote Originally Posted by vince2929 View Post
    Ok lang po ba gamitin yung microtex plush sa washing o kaya drying? Wala kasi akong wash mitt, eh hindi naman malinis mabuti kapag microfiber na chamois yung gamit.
    You're throwing money away. Yes you can use it but it's very inefficient to. Get the Microtex Microfiber weave chamois. Kung hindi malinis mabuti, brush up on your skills.