New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 158 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Long time no post!

My sister got a secondhand black altis a couple of weeks ago, and there are some dull panels. Thinking of using swirlX to manually buff the panels (tulad ng ginawa ni sir Ginnova )

Been continually raining lately - I've been using a rather odd combination of nanosliq+OGE. It seems that the dirt and grime are easier to remove during washing if there's OGE.

*Chikselog: A spray-on booster (either nanosliq or mother's FX-doesn't have to be OCW) really helps preserve the 476. I've washed the latest coat of 476 at least 9 times (then applying booster after), and the wax is still alive...

Kelan next detailing EB? engine detailing na ba ang topic? hehe. But can't move outside of Sundays... wala na kaming sembreak

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardinero View Post
    paps, thanks for the headsup on the IPA..

ang gagawin ko paps, if ever na halimbawa feeling ko mag-expire na yung AIO and sealant...most probably in 3months wala na yung 2 coats no?

and if that happens tapos tinatamad akong mag sealant eh..double waxing na lang..

1) prep the paint by wash and clay
    2) cleaner carnauba wax
    3) 915

may nakapagsabi nga sakin re polycharger kaso mahirap ata mag-hanap..

20$ yung CH2 kit or H20 kit. Pag both kits 30$ yung poly charger. Kaso wala ata stock sa autogeek. I think meron stock sa Properautocare.com

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardinero View Post
    paps, thanks for the headsup on the IPA..

ang gagawin ko paps, if ever na halimbawa feeling ko mag-expire na yung AIO and sealant...most probably in 3months wala na yung 2 coats no?
    last time i compared /newly washed/476s/aio/aio&sg/ on the hood, i only noticed the 476. there's a little better sheeting on the aio&sg vs the bare, newly-washed part. i cannot tell really unless we find a reagent for SG. Chemists please

and if that happens tapos tinatamad akong mag sealant eh..double waxing na lang..

1) prep the paint by wash and clay
    2) cleaner carnauba wax
    3) 915

may nakapagsabi nga sakin re polycharger kaso mahirap ata mag-hanap..
    or

1. wash and clay
    2. AIO
    3. 915

so you still have a sealant there

maybe they'll volunteer if they have a surplus and give/sell you 2 pushes of the dropper during meetups to keep in a syringe or Combantrin bottle. 150 Php or less for all that trouble?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    owks! averaging 500+ posts/36 pages per month, welcome to the continuation of DTfN:rave:
    so many nice and helpful people 'round here.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rico_g View Post
    I wash my car and use OCW twice a week... Wednesdays and Saturdays..

pero pag umulan, I'd either hose down my car, or do a waterless wash, tpos sliq...

I just had to get over the obsession for beading.... before kc it was my basis kung may wax pa o wala.... pero with OCW kasi, the beading is lost easy, but the look and feel of it, the ease of removing dust and the sheeting of the water shows that the wax is still very much intact...
    pssst.... belated happy bday!!!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by madkatz View Post
    Like what JM said, clear coat safe simply means it doesn't induce marring, hazing and dulling once used, this product is a combination of different kinds of abrasives and still needs to be worked on to perform flawlessly.

its actually a great product and although it won't give you marring and hazing it would still lack the gloss so you have to follow it up with the polish which is like its step 2

its very good via hand application pretty much like Megs UC but has an oilier feel and longer working time

this is highly recommended for recessed door handles, door frames, the painted panels inbetween the grills, and etc, basically its great for doing small panels of paints that are basically hard to reach using a buffer, but again follow it up with the polish

i wouldn't really recommend this product for doing the whole car its more likely something you would use for spot treatment and degrimming

this is also one of the better scratch removers we use, better than scratchX in terms of leveling deeper scratches and RIDS

Hope this helps
    Thank you miss Madkatz. No I understand.

BTW, naayos na ng CASA yung paint ng Tucson ko. Hindi ko sila pinagalitan while addressing my concern. They also thanked me kasi daw binalik ko sa kanila at alam na nila kung ano ang mali nila.

Konting-konti nalang na retouch ang kailangan sa door handle.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Bilis ng thread na to! Nice!!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by indiej View Post
    last time i compared /newly washed/476s/aio/aio&sg/ on the hood, i only noticed the 476. there's a little better sheeting on the aio&sg vs the bare, newly-washed part. i cannot tell really unless we find a reagent for SG. Chemists please

or

1. wash and clay
    2. AIO
    3. 915

so you still have a sealant there

maybe they'll volunteer if they have a surplus and give/sell you 2 pushes of the dropper during meetups to keep in a syringe or Combantrin bottle. 150 Php or less for all that trouble?
    ay oo nga ok din if AIO before 915...thanks for the tip...

siguro if, i'll opt for protection AIO and 915
    pero kung shine cleaner carnuba + 915....i like the shine kasi nung cleaner carnuaba..

bale wala na bang waiting time before ko apply 915?

also paps, with regards to carlack AIO normally per panel ko ito ini-apply and habang basa siya
    buff ko agad hindi ko ina-antay na matuyuan ako...siguro hindi pa talaga ako expert mag-apply nito
    kasi nahihirapan ako i-buff pag natuyuan ako..

pero which is better buff agad after application or wait for 15mins (or what suggested time to buff) to
    buff it..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    question nga pala mga gurus...

since wala naman akong machine eh gusto ko sana apply yung swirlx via machine...

kung papatira ko sa malapit na detailer or car wash na may buffing machine...tapos sa bahay ko na ituloy yung ibang product like AIO + sealant..

di kaya contaminated na yung kotse pag-balik ko sa bahay...kahit na i-cleaning QD ko muna before apply yung other products..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    To be safe car wash na lang ulit pag uwi. Ingat ingat na lang sa pag wash and dry para hindi mag cause ulet ng swirls and scratches

Detailing Thread [For Newbies][continued 2]