New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Yep, just called them up. Baka mabasa niya ito. hehe... until 7pm sila. oh well, kunin ko na lang ng mas maaga. Thank You!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi Sir, i've checked out good reviews about your shop. I just like to ask if there are any on going promos for your services? If yes anu-ano po yun? I'm planning na ipasok ang kotse ko sainyo for interior detailing lang muna. Meron din ata kayong full detailing package ba yun? how much po yun for a honda civic 99 mode? :D

Thanks

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last July I availed the BB's new car paint protection and I am fully satisfied with it though I must say its a bit pricey. Gurus, my question is.. what is the final product that is applied in the paint which is slippery and a little greasy? I'm impressed with its capability to repel water droplets. I assume its more slippy than the TW ultimate detailer. Response is very much appreciated. Thank you.

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by juris2010 View Post
    Last July I availed the BB's new car paint protection and I am fully satisfied with it though I must say its a bit pricey. Gurus, my question is.. what is the final product that is applied in the paint which is slippery and a little greasy? I'm impressed with its capability to repel water droplets. I assume its more slippy than the TW ultimate detailer. Response is very much appreciated. Thank you.
    Carlack68 Twins + Eagle One QD ata gamit nila for PP and Optiguard. They used to sell the QD in their Red Carpet line but not anymore.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Reepicheep View Post
    Carlack68 Twins + Eagle One QD ata gamit nila for PP and Optiguard. They used to sell the QD in their Red Carpet line but not anymore.
    Sir, ano po recommend mo na alternative na pang apply in between waxing to prevent accumulation of grits which has the same effect as the carlack68? Thanks po.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Mother's QD

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by juris2010 View Post
    Sir, ano po recommend mo na alternative na pang apply in between waxing to prevent accumulation of grits which has the same effect as the carlack68? Thanks po.
    Microtex NanoSliq!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    This is my first post. Been a lurker of this forum for quite sometime now but just got the impulse to share my recent personal experience with BigBert's as inspired by the TS.

In a way, this is just sort of neutralizing those adulations BB received from 'satisfied' customers just in case they're overwhelmed with the prestige and started to loose their credibility. Let's start with the word QUALITY.

They may say you can't please everyone and it's unfortunate I'm one of those everyones who's not satisfied with the service (ok, 2nd to TS I guess). Here's my story:

Just like with other first-time customers, I was convinced with the positive feedbacks I've read and the nice presentation of their product/service in their website. This prompted me to bring my Sportivo last month in BB-Ortigas branch to have my unit enrolled in their Optiguard program. I've met Vincent and Willy who accommodated me well and after the inspection checklist ritual, had advised me to come back by 7PM; t'was around 10AM.

FFWD... By the time I got back at around 7:30PM, the buffing was nearing complete with some sections still needing finishing touches. I was impressed with the result upfront and got me excited. The gloss of my car was very striking. I then started to inspect some of the surface and that's when I noticed that there were still some gum residues/stains on some known areas that were not removed and it's already have been coated with paint sealant! Oh my gawd! how can they allow this to let through, knowing their high workmanship standard. I was with full understanding that time that tar removal was also part of the package that's why I did not bother to do it myself during my regular washing routine. I discussed with Willy what I just noticed and he immediately assumed those were kind of stubborn to remove. I contested that I managed to remove one of those spots before just using my fingernails (not a risky thing to do IMO when I discovered the residues were just superficial) without noticeable marks on the paint. Since the protective sealant was already on, he instructed one of the boyz to rub the spot with finest grit sandpaper and after a few scrubbing, the stain had vanished. Paint sealant has been re-applied and after some buffing there were no traces of blemish whatsoever in that area (even until now). The sad part was it was almost closing time and they're kind of hesitant to do the same scrubbing on the other similar spots and then threw in the convenient excuse that it might damage the paint (c'mon, you're professional detailers!). In the end, I paid the 5k5 fee and went home feeling kind of discontent for something that I believe could have been done better or at least can do justice to the amount I paid.

My conclusion was that the boyz did not put much effort/attention on my unit and they cut corners by skipping some of the procedures which deviates from their advertised services. I found out later during my chit-chat with Willy that they had a deluge of customers earlier that day since it's nearing month end 'to beat the cut-off'. This explains why I felt the detailing process was done in a hurry and not so detailed at all I should say (there were still remnants of the polishing compound not properly buffed off in some portions).

Mine could be an isolated case, but the bottom line is, I was not convinced with the quality of their work during my first session and it failed to meet my expectation. Of course, I still have faith with these guys for their competency and professionalism in this line of business. For letting their guard down, I believe one slip up could not jeopardize BigBert's reputation.

My comments above, although blunt as it may appear, can also serve as the other side of the story to other prospective clients. I don't intend to be critical but just to share my own experience being a newbie customer. After all, I'm still BB's active customer with 2 remaining sessions left in the program. Let's see what treatment I could get come November for my 2nd visit.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Please call us before bringing your car for the November session. I want to make sure i am personally around when you visit. I will personally inspect the blemishes that were not removed. If i remember it correctly, you were the client whose spare tire cannot be removed.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Sir Ichiroken,

Please call our Ortigas office and look for Vincent, so we can schedule as early as possible a re-do of the previous session free of charge.

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast