New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    Sir, meron ba nag pa-paint protection sa Araneta pag sunday?

Due na yung session ng optiguard ko this month, planning to take it next sunday when hopefully hindi na ulan nang ulan masyado
    Dude meron. Pero magpaschecule ka nalang para sure. Had my optiguard last sunday.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    After reading all the good reviews about Big Bert's here in tsikot, i finally visited their araneta shop last Saturday August 7. I was there quarter to 8 just to make sure i was the first customer. At first my only intention was to have my rims checked and cleaned. This was because our driver sprayed wheel cleaner on my rims to remove the brake dust. Problem was the surface was still hot when he 'cleaned' my wheels. As a result, the wheel cleaner left white stains that i couldn't remove. I even posted a query here in tsikot but to no avail.

Paul and company got to work right away. While waiting, I asked questions about their services particularly their optiguard. He was very accommodating and knowledgeable about the job. I was convinced and since i was there already i decided to try their optiguard. I chose to try the one time only (not the one with quarterly sessions). Ang galing. Very very happy with the job they did. The only thing i regretted was that i didn't opt to go for the program with the succeeding sessions. Other than that, i was more than satisfied with the results. I will definitely bring all our cars to big bert's once i find the time. Thanks to big berts, paul, phillip, and everybody who worked on my ride.

Question lang, after having optiguard, is it ok to use synthetic spray wax from time to time? Im not so sure if the spray wax has some cleaners. I know i should stay away from cleaners since it will strip off the sealant. The spray wax i'm talking about is megs ultimate quik wax.

Thanks and more power to Big Bert's!

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by four-rings View Post
    After reading all the good reviews about Big Bert's here in tsikot, i finally visited their araneta shop last Saturday August 7. I was there quarter to 8 just to make sure i was the first customer. At first my only intention was to have my rims checked and cleaned. This was because our driver sprayed wheel cleaner on my rims to remove the brake dust. Problem was the surface was still hot when he 'cleaned' my wheels. As a result, the wheel cleaner left white stains that i couldn't remove. I even posted a query here in tsikot but to no avail.

Paul and company got to work right away. While waiting, I asked questions about their services particularly their optiguard. He was very accommodating and knowledgeable about the job. I was convinced and since i was there already i decided to try their optiguard. I chose to try the one time only (not the one with quarterly sessions). Ang galing. Very very happy with the job they did. The only thing i regretted was that i didn't opt to go for the program with the succeeding sessions. Other than that, i was more than satisfied with the results. I will definitely bring all our cars to big bert's once i find the time. Thanks to big berts, paul, phillip, and everybody who worked on my ride.

Question lang, after having optiguard, is it ok to use synthetic spray wax from time to time? Im not so sure if the spray wax has some cleaners. I know i should stay away from cleaners since it will strip off the sealant. The spray wax i'm talking about is megs ultimate quik wax.

Thanks and more power to Big Bert's!

Sir Four-rings,maganda nga daw yung optiguard..magkano ba kapag 1 time lang?yung try lang?ang alam ko sir andito din sa thread yung pag-alaga sa optiguard..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jed_015 View Post
    Sir Four-rings,maganda nga daw yung optiguard..magkano ba kapag 1 time lang?yung try lang?ang alam ko sir andito din sa thread yung pag-alaga sa optiguard..
    1.2k yung one time only. i think mas mura if smaller cars. highly recommended ko yung optiguard. go for it or better yet go for the program na, mas sulit yun.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMagic View Post
    Thank you for your reminder Desert fox.
    SIR sa sasakyan na newly painted, na buffing na ito ano ang next step na dapat gawin para maging maganda ang kintab ng paint?

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by four-rings View Post
    1.2k yung one time only. i think mas mura if smaller cars. highly recommended ko yung optiguard. go for it or better yet go for the program na, mas sulit yun.

okay sir,salamat sa info. hindi ko kasi alam kung kakayanin pa na mapakintab yung auto ko e..thanks..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi Big Berts -

I had my 2010 Black Honda City car paint protect this 1st week of August. The initial result was great.. very shiny and clean. No complaints and i was very happy and satisfied.

However, it seems that the paint protect sealant is prone to water marks. I'm pretty sure that before i had my car avail the paint protect, it has no water marks or not very noticeable... im very meticulous esp. in the hood area. I was confident that the paint protect will repel those pesky water marks, but apparently not.

Before i was using SwirlX to remove the water marks. Followed by Mothers step2 and 3 for prevention and it was water mark free. Since the SwirlX and Step 2 will just rip-off the paint protect sealant, i opted not to use it anymore. So i was just doing the wash and wax (step 3) routine after the 1st week that the sealant was applied. Then rainy days had came and i was confident that i shouldnt worry about those water marks coz i had my car paint protect. When i decided to wash my car, to my surprise there were water marks everywhere, esp. on the hood, roof and trunk. My car is black, hence it is very noticeable.

Since i can't resist having water marks on my hood, i decided to apply the SwirlX, step2 and step3 and its water mark free again. Nevertheless, there are still stubborn water marks on the trunk and roof area.

So, how do i remove those water marks without sacrificing the car paint protect sealant?

Tsikot guys - For those who availed the paint protect, do you have the same issue? How did you resolved it?

Thanks,
    Aidrian

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    if i may, the paint protect does not prevent water marks. what prevents water marks is preventing water from drying on your paint. another reason why you probably didn't have water marks way back then 'coz it wasn't the rainy season yet and you didn't have to drive thru rain and having to leave those droplets dry on the paint.

HTH

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    B2Bomber: thanks for the comments. I go your point. So it really means that the paint protect does not prevent from getting my car a water mark. However, it contradicts from what i read before.

Anyway, it was rainy season since June or July and i have been doing the my detailing process before and it was water mark free. I have left my car with water rains on it for several times. Besides, you can't always keep your car dry, do you? Like if you parked your car in the office garage after a rainy day, i dont have time to dry it off. Or just even after you parked your car in your garage and your too tired, right?

If that is the case, i should have not been too confident with the paint protect and just stick with the process that i have been doing. I was in a assumption that the paint protect can deal with those water marks with no problem, but i was wrong.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Out of curiosity, what changed in your paint care routine after you availed of their system. Say, frequency of washing, etc.

I guess, to a certaint extent, it could prevent, by virtue of the surface being so slick water won't collect. But paint protect is paint protect. What it could do is protect your paint from getting etched by the dried water (or bird poop) to a certain extent (by means of the sacrificial layer -- the LSP). And to a certain extent means that you have to do your part too. It doesn't mean that because you have paint protect, you don't need to do anything any more. For example, you need not really wash it everytime you arrive at home or park in the office garage, a simple sheeting method would do every time you arrive at home from work too. Not cleaning the car after several days of being rained on and letting the water spots bake out is not going to help the paint protect system too.

In actuality, if you like you could even augment your "paint protect sealant" by... doing the same routine you've been doing before, but do not use any wax removers or anything that'd strip the LSP that was applied. wash, clay, (booster) wax would help.

Don't get me wrong, their system works for what it is meant to do... protect.

HTH

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast