New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    *Syuryuken, jamesvhong, ehnrilko

Dprox has proposed an eb Sunday Mar 25, 2007 2pm at Figaro, Santa Rosa. Are you guys available?
    Sorry bro hindi ako puwede masyadong malayo place ko. Abangan ko na lang dito mapapag-usapan nyo. Thanks for the invitation.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    *OyiL,

Am having problems connecting to YM. Will check later.

As for industrial espionage, that is a common concern in a lot of industries, especially cut-throat ones.

But realistically, we are just a motley group of hobbyists chasing a dream during our free time. Do you really think the big boys will waste their time with us?

Heck, I will be amazed if we actually get to build a running prototype. Even then, does that make us a potential competitor? Of course not. It takes significant capital to build a manufacturing plant. Considering that the local market is an insignificant one and practically all plants in the Philippines are operating below capacity, it would be financial suicide to do so.

Besides we are not aiming to sell 1000 or even 100 units right away. All we are concerned right now is to build the prototype with the right features. The reason we are also planning the distribution, after-market, third-party network logistics at this point is that we are simply being prudent. It would be extremely disappointing to successfully build the prototype only to discover that for some reason we can't build other units and distribute them cost-effectively while making them economically attractive to the potential buyers.

Still, dprox's concern is very valid. That is why if you have noticed, I have been pushing for the organization of the team and have refrained from pursuing in-depth design or logistics details. I would rather complete the team first, have everyone spend time with all the rest - online or eb - to get to know one another and hopefully weed out the undesirables. After which, we go stealth or under the radar.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    *OyiL,

Still, dprox's concern is very valid. That is why if you have noticed, I have been pushing for the organization of the team and have refrained from pursuing in-depth design or logistics details. I would rather complete the team first, have everyone spend time with all the rest - online or eb - to get to know one another and hopefully weed out the undesirables. After which, we go stealth or under the radar.
    ........got it

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    [SIZE=3]Hi Guys![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Thank you for your warm welcome![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I scanned the thread briefly and I have anticipated mixed reactions... Just a brief backgrounder - I started my passion with drawing cars since I was 7 years old... been mistaken as an industrial spy when I applied to Volvo so they turned me down. I was frustrated with MAX95 for stealing three of my original ideas and later seeing them after the following year used by Lexus and Proton and Mitsubishi... (clustered headlamp styling), Again frustrated when I sent my FS in my management school last 1989 entitled "Automobile Manufacturing in the Philippines" and after a year - a politician announced a Peoples Car Development Program and all my classmates thought that I sold my FS - which in reality - was still in SSCR - Cavite. Again Frustrated when AIM - Dean Ferreria who is also a fellow VW enthusiast gave me no hope in getting support for my UVX (Utility Vehicle Experiment) vehicle which I already built up to 60% and running but instead supported the CYTA builders and sent them to Toyota Japan (they never returned). Again frustrated when I applied to Toyota last 2005 and sent them my portfolio and sample desings...they turned me down because I am not a graduate of known design school! And only to find out after 2 years that - my design idea was used in the 2007 Camry and another new model. I have proofs of this and I intend to post it in the near future. Right now, I am preoccupied with my present project here in Riyadh. I am still in completing the prototype of the first Arabian built light commercial truck. I have no time for revenge yet. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]At any rate, I should have met you guys before when I was really pissed off with our country's highly politicized automotive industry culture. There is no room for dreams. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Going back to my frustrations. Last year - I decided to show all my designs to the world by posting them in the internet. particularly in cardesignnews.com website... only to find out that there are no Filipino Design Professional listed. Anyway - I also gave up this dream... 'the Philippines having a real Automotive Deisgn and manufacturing Industry.) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]If you wonder how I get my knowledge in this field... I applied for Industrial Design in Mapua in 1984 - they abolished it becasue theres only 5 students. so I studied M.E., but later on I shifted to A.B. Philosophy and then into Management in SSCR. Having knowledges in these areas gave me a better idea on design Philosophy. I also went into Racing in order to fully understand the dynamics of Man and Machine and Safety. And I have been a collectors of vintage cars and replica sports cars (Lamborghini Countach, Viper, Ferrari - among my stock) I didn't spend on restoring or making them run - I just studied their design philosophy so I can be able to identify design signatures among any type of brands. In short - I made my own curriculum. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]going back to my anticipated mixed reactions... I know how the Pinoys think... and I am not afraid of industrial espionage... I believe that whatever we plant - we shall reap. Inspired with this groups dynamic enthusiasm - I made a conceptual drawing yesterday - and this is supposed to be top secret. I don't like to play this game with you so you shall be aware of my good faith. I am showing you this concept just for your reference alone. I just want your feedback. If you the Philippines to make this vehicle.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]this vehicle is based on one platform... the body is modular and can be changed into a pickup anytime. The name of the company is ATTAWI and the name of the vehicle MANILA. This is still unofficial but we are very serious in entering the playing field. Let us help each other.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]By the way - - I welcome feedbacks on this one.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I trust that keep this TOP SECRET muna. In the Automotive Industry world - they thrive in keeping secrets. I am taking a huge risk be writing or emailing to you right now... but I am a Filipino, A Believer and a Patriot... May the Good Lord forgive me and Bless us all.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]By the way - currently I only have one Architect working with me - he knows nothing about cars but - he was excited and I told him - you don't need to know anything about cars... you just have to be enthusiastic about this work and I'll take care of everything. I could use more like him. I hated making drawings in my computer because I used to do it all with just a mouse - now everything is easy with a drawing tablet. Please forgive my drawing... this is not rendered in Autocad yet. This is just a draft form. (the beginning of every design process - the concept.)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]All the best! and Kind Regards to you all![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I am not familiar withn posting pistures in this chat forum - I hope the pictures appear well...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I am not familiar withn posting pistures in this chat forum - I hope the pictures appear well...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I hope you guys come up with an aerodynamic design for less drag para fuel efficient. The angle of the grill in the sketch does not match the angle or rake of the windshield. Tayo ung grill tapos higa ung windshield you can do better. Observation lang po.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thanks I need that... Good observation...

Actually - I have a background in Aerodynamics... The design philosophy adopted by this concept is of that of the Hummer. A more aerodynamic shape would have steeper rear and must have a front that looks like a dam... This is good for vectors traveling under 160 kph.

I have some other concepts which is not really for Philippines - I will post it anyway for your reference.

Beside - the angle of the windshield was intentionally made more erect so as to provide more space. THe motto is "Space for Sale"...

At any rate - I took note of your observation.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    COOOL!!!!!

susmaryahosep!!! enrico ang ki-kintab ng mga kotse mo. galing!!!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ehnriko View Post
    Again Frustrated when AIM - Dean Ferreria who is also a fellow VW enthusiast gave me no hope in getting support for my UVX (Utility Vehicle Experiment) vehicle which I already built up to 60% and running but instead supported the CYTA builders and sent them to Toyota Japan (they never returned).
    Maybe you can revive your efforts on the UVX.

I have no time for revenge yet.
    If I may advise you, let your success be your revenge. You have far too much talent to waste your time on negative things. Just trust karma to do its job.

At any rate, I should have met you guys before when I was really pissed off with our country's highly politicized automotive industry culture.
    It is not too late. You are here. We are here.

There is no room for dreams.
    You are here. You are still dreaming.

this vehicle is based on one platform... the body is modular and can be changed into a pickup anytime. The name of the company is ATTAWI and the name of the vehicle MANILA. This is still unofficial but we are very serious in entering the playing field. Let us help each other.
    So the design is owned by ATTAWI?

I trust that keep this TOP SECRET muna. In the Automotive Industry world - they thrive in keeping secrets. I am taking a huge risk be writing or emailing to you right now... but I am a Filipino, A Believer and a Patriot... May the Good Lord forgive me and Bless us all.
    Do you realize that by posting on this forum, you make the information available to practically anyone who has access to the 'net?

At any rate, I do hope you can participate actively in the proposed project.

Tsikot.ph PHUV Prototype