New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    remember to "quote" and post the source or do I have to nuke this again?
    I'm quoting myself gh, I heard it at a conference.

wag ka na magpower trip.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    This new Honda EV is a retro of the old CVCC aka early Civic models... that resembled the old Minicas. Nice looking! elegant and classic lines. Cool Concept.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by romski123 View Post
    I'm quoting myself gh, I heard it at a conference.

wag ka na magpower trip.
    This is NOT power tripping. I am MODERATING the forum.

It is partly what I do here if I would remind you of that.

If I was power tripping, I would already have deleted the post.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    This is NOT power tripping. I am MODERATING the forum.

It is partly what I do here if I would remind you of that.

If I was power tripping, I would already have deleted the post.
    ang pula naman.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OyiL View Post
    ang pula naman.
    nag shades nga ako e

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by romski123 View Post
    According to Credit Suisse’s recent report, Electric Vehicles offer the fastest growth story over the next 20 years and global sales are predicted to reach over US400 billion by 2030.

Which means EVs will become more mainstream in the next few decades. Hopefully by that time EV costs have already reduced considerably to make them affordable to the government and private consumers.

I hoping for the time that e-jeepney will be endorsed by more LGUs in the Philippines.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Which means EVs will become more mainstream in the next few decades. Hopefully by that time EV costs have already reduced considerably to make them affordable to the government and private consumers.

I hoping for the time that e-jeepney will be endorsed by more LGUs in the Philippines.
    All it means is that someone believe EVs will become more accepted by the market.

But that doesn't really mean much because anyone else can say something else.

Like I read in another report that in the next 20 years, EVs will be projected to have 10% of total car sales.

It was also projected that in that same time frame, EVs would have increased battery range (like 250 kilometers per charge) and better battery life cycles (lasting over 5 years or more).

But there is another study that EVs will always be in the minority unless oil prices dramatically increases over the next few decades and alternative fuels cannot meet the demand.

So it is like a matter of asking 10 experts and getting 10 different answers.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    [SIZE=4]Etrike starts running in Surigao[/SIZE]

By MIKE U. CRISMUNDO
    June 16, 2010, 3:12pm
    Manila Bulletin

SURIGAO CITY – The eco-friendly electric tricycle of Etrike started running in this city.

With the growing concern over noise and air pollution, the city government on Wednesday encouraged transportation owners to use this eco-friendly electric tricycle.

The Etrike runs 80 kilometers in just one charging, it was also learned.
    “Aside being environment-friendly, this Etrike is very cheap,” said Surigao City Mayor Alfonso Casurra.

The initial running of Etrike here was during the 112th Independence Day celebration where thousands of Surigaonons witnessed the launching.
    Surigao is the first city in Mindanao to use this alternative mode of environment-friendly, economical and sustainable transport, the battery-operated Etrike, it was gathered.

The Etrike can accommodate eight people, more than the usual capacity of the regular motorized tricycle.

This new technology was recently turned over by the British Embassy in Manila to the city government here as part of a project by the Islas Ecology Development Advocacy (ISDA) Foundation to push for an alternative mode of public transport that is not only eco-friendly but also economically viable.

British Embassy representative and Climate Change Attaché Angela Ibay personally handed over the keys of the Etrike to the mayor.

http://www.mb.com.ph/node/262250/et

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
NEWS: Rise OF electric VEHICLES