New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    ayos ng pang business yan. mas nagagandahan ako dun sa dating anfra

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    No matter what other people say, Im elated that FMC finally revived its Anfra PHUV. Thumbs Up! Mabuhay ang FMC!

Magaling na pang-business at alternative sa mga sobrang mahal na sasakyang gawa ng Hapon, Koreano at Amerikano.

I hope the transport, utility and cargo operators will consider buying Anfra.

It will be a great help for our dying auto industry with revival of FMC's Anfra model.

Sana, Anfra will be chosen by transport coop to refleet their vehicles.

FMC just ignore the negative comments. Concentrate on your intended market, the transport industry. Your company has a big chance of reviving our moribund local auto industry.

I know FMC knows fully well the experience of Geely and Chery-homegrown Chinese brands-which are now threatening the dominance of foreign brands in China. Ganyan din ang gawin nyo FMC sa Philippines. With the impracticality of buying utility vehicles assembled/distributed by Japanese, Korean companies in the Philippines, its high time Anfra will be offered as an alternative.

The re-launching of Anfra brings back those fond memories of how our local AUV manufacturers almost dominated the local AUV market.

Go FMC! GO ANFRA PHUV!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I will ask for the specs tomorrow. Free pass naman ako so okay lang.

Anyway, I am dissapointed because FMC should have done a better job satisfaction or homework. This Anfra is too agricultural/industrial. It will never be as competetent as the old Toyota Tamaraw FX.
    Last edited by dprox; November 16th, 2007 at 04:32 AM.
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's the same old Anfra body. They just swapped out all the Mazda parts for JAC parts. That includes the drivetrain, trim parts, lamps, etc. Even the steering wheel boss has the JAC badge.

I'm not discounting the fact that the vehicle can do its job. I just wish they updated the design and engineering a bit. Something with a body similar to a Toyota Land Cruiser 70 series troop-carrier would be nice even without the big engine or 4wd.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    This Anfra is too agricultural/industrial.
    For me, initially ok na rin. Kaysa sa nagyari sa MVPMAP PHUV. The most important thing is, somebody from the local industry will try to come up with an alternative. Hostage tayo. AUVs and commercial vehicles produced by CAMPI and other Korean and japanese assemblers, mapapamura ka sa mahal.

Di kayang bilhin ng small-time operators. Kaya hanggang ngayon nag-tsatsaga ang mga operators lalo sa probinsya ng mga second hand. At least itong Anfra alternative. Bago. Lalo na pag nag-refleet ang mga jeepney/auv operators. Palitan na yung mga bulok na L300 versa van, AUV, Korean vans at jeepneys na tumatakbo.

Time to move. FMC made the right move. Contrary sa pronouncements ng gobyerno, in real terms, bumagsak ang agregate income ng mga Pinoys (dahil na rin sa inflation). Pero ang bilihin tulad ng vehicles sobrang mahal. Eventually, babagsak uli ang sales ng motor vehicles sa Pinas lalo yung galing sa Japanese/Korean/US assemblers/distributors dito Pinas

FMC you have a market. Despite the brickbats, just like the Chinese vehicles, FMC can slowly make definite inroads to the Philippine auto market. Buyer will look for cheaper alternatives.

Go FMC. Ilampaso mo mga bwusit na oligopolists na pumapatay sa auto industry natin.

Im hoping that foreign auto brands will keep on increasing their price and until such time na hindi na maabot ng 99.9% ng Pinoy ang presyo nila. Then, the local auto market will go to inexpensive brands.

FMC malapit na yun.

Marami na akong nakikitang nagmamaneho ng norkis privacy (daihatsu?), legacy first (re-manufactured daihatsu mira) at maverick (re-manufactured nissan verita/micra). Binubuhay na naman ang mga kia pride at charade
    Marami na namang suzuki supercarry at daihatsu hi-jet van.

Anfra will most likely take care of the utility and transport market.

FMC, bentahan nyo yung mga nagpapasada sa CCP-Harrison Plaza-Vito Cruz near La Salle Manila route. Puro kasi mga old Anfra PInoys tumatakbo dun.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang dami namin service na anfra sa office. Ok naman performance nila, drove couple of LWB and SWB, kakatakot lang pag umabot ng 90-100kph pag loaded nag sway side to side yun likod nun LWB...hehe. After being decommission as service vehicles eh biniBid pa rin ng mga users nila. So I guess ok sila. Ang dapat siguro maalis sa mga pinoy para mag take off ang local PUV ay yun notion na "baduy" yun design. Marami pa sigurong mold sila Francisco Motors kaya binuhay nila ang Anfra.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    napansin ko lang sa mga anfra ay "squeeky" siya maybe poor suspension? daming anfra sa barangay namin

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like the:

1) roomyness...kayang kaya magkarga ng 4x8 na plywood,
    2) headroom looks tall enough - kahit na 6footer will not have a problem riding it,
    3) carlike na ang dashboard - space for a better radio, merun pang glove compartment, 4) big windows that doesn't seem to have blind spots,
    5) big sidemirrors to further aide the driver not to hit anything when backing or manuevering,
    6) big engine bay - pwede pang malagyan ng much bigger engine if needed,
    7) very neatly done engine bay - madaling linisan,
    8) big lights - impossibleng hindi ka pa makita ng kasalubong mo diyan

...overall what it lack in beauty and porma, it compensates with functionality.

I think if they price that Anfra properly, it should do well as a practical replacement of the AUV na papaliit na ng papaliit lately and as a mass-based utility vehicle.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It's good to see(kahit sa picture pa lang) the re-launching of Anfra. New grille in an old shell still looks good but not great. At least they have balls to revived the PhUV.

I remember in the 90's, this vehicle helped my dad to expand his business.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The Anfra is wearing a twin beam suspension. Even though they have made some move, the FMC guys lack the design. Its old already. What about safety?

Sure, they have advantages compared to the MVPMAP. But the MVPMAP is more driver friendly, not so agricultural/industrial. The MVPMAP PhUV steering wheel and instrument panel is a lot better compared to the Anfra.

The body of the Anfra is okay, because I seen a lot of these AUV's on the road. I think parang L300 lang ito, with a minor facelift and a "questionable" engine.

If I were to choose a PhUV? I would take the AMC Hammer any day!
    Last edited by drey; November 16th, 2007 at 01:11 PM.
    iam3739.com

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
"HELP improve Anfra 2007"