New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    After ma-overhaul raditor mo, you will notice the difference in your temp gauge. That it will not raise anymore above 1/2 in its indicator marks, it will mostly stay around at 1/3 in its temp gauge.

Sent from my Starmobile UP+ using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    I was able to use the car again in moderate to heavy traffic, 20 kms distance covered, in 1.5 hours. I just noticed that the temp needle is "higher than usual", probably 1-3 lines higher, with A/C turned on the whole time. Usual temp needle is at 2-3 lines below the mid line. but now on traffic, it reached the exact mid line. this doesn't happened before. it is just usually below the mid line even on heavy traffic. is this a sign of a clogged radiator as what JohnM mentioned before, or there's nothing to worry about as it's still within "normal" operating temp? car is 2002 Honda Civic VTi-S. Thanks!
    Have your radiator coolant changed. Flush it out or drain it. It is already a sign of a dirty coolant. If water is in your radiator, then it might be clogged of rust. If a simple remedy like draining, then replenishing it again with water doesn't cure the problem. Then a radiator overhaul/ cleaning is you must do.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    High temp at moderate to heavy traffic could also be caused by dying fans. Try to move the blades with your hand (engine off of course). If there is a bit of play or if the rotation is not smooth it might be due for a replacement.

IIRC Prestone sells flushing fluid. You might want to try this for the first drain.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Another possible cause could be your water pump (it might need a change already)

5. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    And difference is mas madali mag-ope yung 0.9 psi vs 1.1 psi. Dapat kung ano original na requirement nang sasakyan ay yun susundin. If hindi ka sure, I suggest you use the rad cap na may 0.9psi rating just to be safe. Same size yan, yung spring lang ang magkaiba kasi nga ibang pressure rating nila eh.
    Hmmm, ganun ba yun? sige, if I have the budget, will change it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    yung ratings indicated sa radiator cap is the opening pressure. the radiator cap raises the boiling point of the coolant, be it plain water or mixed. the higher the pressure, the higher is the boiling point. say 1.1 kpa (gage pressure) raises the boiling point to 104 deg C (not sure on the number) pero the point is, it raises the boiling point (compared to 100 deg Celsuis at atmospheric pressure of 14.7 psi, 101325 pa, etc.).

kapag tinanggal mo ang cap, the boiling point is 100 deg C. lagyan mo ng cap, higher than 100 C. higher P, higher T.

for the record, hindi totoo na ethylene glycol (prestone coolant, etc., etc.) prevents boil-over of the engine coolant...."it raises the boiling boilng of the coolant mix to certain degree (depende sa mix)". same same sa function ng radiator cap.

ibalik mo thermostat nyan asap. ganun din yang sensor circuit for the fans. regarding hoses, dapat hindi masyado matigas ang upper hose (bypass hose included) at di rin masyado malambot ang lower hose.

maiba tayo ng usapan, baka naman hindi kunektado sa cooling system yang problem ng auto mo. like leaking head gasket, tight bearings, lubrication problem, etc.
    So what coolant na kailangang gamitin? Yung sa thermostat naman, we are going to restore it pero di pa ngayon, wala pa kasing budget saka twing sundays lang ginagamit yung sasakyan pag magsisimba lang. Hehe, pero sinasabi ng mechanic na galing honda mismo na ok lang daw maski wala na daw yung thermostat. Ano ba ang totoo saka ano ang possible na mangyari? Other than that, wala naman problema sa leaks like sa gasket at sa mga hoses. Yung water pump naman ay ok naman. Saka kakapalit ko lang ng timing at balancing belts saka ng tensioners.

Quote Originally Posted by rodetor View Post
    After ma-overhaul raditor mo, you will notice the difference in your temp gauge. That it will not raise anymore above 1/2 in its indicator marks, it will mostly stay around at 1/3 in its temp gauge.

This is true bro. Sa lahat nga pala, after overhauling our radiator, nawala na yung overheating ng sasakyan namin. bale ang reading ng temp gauge ko ay stick na sa 1/4 even pag paahon kami ng batasan or sa litex road. Na-resolve na din sa wakas ang problema namin. Yung themostat na lang ang aayusin.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Overheating at High Speed (revs) and uphill