New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Sharing my experience with EDS Car Aircon:

Last January, I brought my '09 Honda City to EDS because it was highly recommended here. My blower was replaced and I had my AC cleaned as well. The whole thing took about 4 hours. I forgot how much I paid, maybe 4k or 5k.

I left the shop. I was driving down Mindanao Ave. and noticed a slight plastic smell from the vents. I figured it was just because of the "new plastic smell" from the blower and it'll pass.

Maybe i got used to the slight plastic smell so I wasn't bothered everyday, but from time to time I do notice it again. Fast forward a month, the smell got worse, like burnt plastic.

Some observations:
    -The smell is only there when the AC is on.
    -If I let the fans running while the AC is off, the smell seems to build up somewhere. When i finally turn the AC on again, the built-up smell will get unleashed.
    -Sometimes the smell is there, sometimes not. Or maybe I get used to it so I don't notice. I'm not sure.

Yesterday, I brought my car to Honda SPA for a PMS and also had them check the weird smell. The Honda SA told me they did not see any burnt wires or anything weird. His recommendation was to have the AC cleaned and to replace the filter. I declined because my AC was just cleaned and my filter is still relatively clean. We tested the AC again but the smell wasn't there. We agreed to do an experiment and remove the filters and see if the smell persists and I'll come back another day.

Later that night, the smell was there again. So maybe the smell is only present when the car is moving? I'm not sure. What do you guys recommend as my next step?

I'm thinking of going back to EDS because this all started when they cleaned my AC and replaced my blower. Do I still have warranty, considering it's been more than a month? Any other good shops around Marikina, QC or Pasig?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Sir, ilang buwan na po ba? Baka reconditioned ung motor ng blower yan ang amoy ng insulation.

Try mo ibilad sa araw then on ac ng nakapatay compressor para matuyo ng husto ung insulation ng winding. Kasi king electrical yan at sa blower, hindi na gagana yan.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    was it clear before, on what motor was going to be used as replacement? new or reconditioned?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    *RomeoAlpha
    One month palang yung new blower.

Sorry, I'm not very car-savvy. Anong ibibilad ko sa araw? Also, don't know how to turn off the compressor.

*dr. d
    I assumed the blower was new since wala sila binanggit if new or reconditioned and medyo mahal ang singil sakin.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Sir kablitz, ano po bang tsikot niyo?

Nakapatay compressor normally sa kotse may a/c switch dapat nakapatay lang then blower lanh nakaon para matuyo agad ung insulation, if my assumption is correct na reconditioned fan blower binigay sayo.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    '09 Honda City.

Ah I see. So compressor == blower/fan? Sige, try ko yun. Kung refurbished binigay sakin na blower, ano pwede kong gawin? Balik ko sa EDS?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Well kung refurbished siya, mangangamoy plastic nga iyan, tapos malamig na hangin pa kaya hindi mabilis mawala amoy, try mo ibilad sa araw then blower on sir kahit mga 30 to 45 minutes. Then leave it or gamitin mo na.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    I'll do that.

Hanap nalang ako guide on how to remove the blower. Thanks for the tip!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    No need to remove the blower paps, painitin mo lang ng husto mawawala amoy niyan.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kablitz View Post
    Sharing my experience with EDS Car Aircon:

Last January, I brought my '09 Honda City to EDS because it was highly recommended here. My blower was replaced and I had my AC cleaned as well. The whole thing took about 4 hours. I forgot how much I paid, maybe 4k or 5k.

I left the shop. I was driving down Mindanao Ave. and noticed a slight plastic smell from the vents. I figured it was just because of the "new plastic smell" from the blower and it'll pass.

Maybe i got used to the slight plastic smell so I wasn't bothered everyday, but from time to time I do notice it again. Fast forward a month, the smell got worse, like burnt plastic.

Some observations:
    -The smell is only there when the AC is on.
    -If I let the fans running while the AC is off, the smell seems to build up somewhere. When i finally turn the AC on again, the built-up smell will get unleashed.
    -Sometimes the smell is there, sometimes not. Or maybe I get used to it so I don't notice. I'm not sure.

Yesterday, I brought my car to Honda SPA for a PMS and also had them check the weird smell. The Honda SA told me they did not see any burnt wires or anything weird. His recommendation was to have the AC cleaned and to replace the filter. I declined because my AC was just cleaned and my filter is still relatively clean. We tested the AC again but the smell wasn't there. We agreed to do an experiment and remove the filters and see if the smell persists and I'll come back another day.

Later that night, the smell was there again. So maybe the smell is only present when the car is moving? I'm not sure. What do you guys recommend as my next step?

I'm thinking of going back to EDS because this all started when they cleaned my AC and replaced my blower. Do I still have warranty, considering it's been more than a month? Any other good shops around Marikina, QC or Pasig?
    sir pnalitan ba lahat ng blower mo pati ung blade?
    pede kasi sumasayad yan pg umiikot hindi maaus ang lagay,,..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Burnt smell on AC. Need a good shop.