New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    di kaya sa aircon filter yun. sa akin minsan nangamoy yung FD, pinalitan ko yung aircon filter, nawala yung amoy. every year recommended yata to change yung filter sabi ng manual ng FD.

napansin ko after 6 months lang itim na yung originally white filter. ngayon check at linis ko muna at least every 6 months, every year, replace. Di ko na ulit naamoy yung amoy bulok na saging he he.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aloy View Post
    di kaya sa aircon filter yun. sa akin minsan nangamoy yung FD, pinalitan ko yung aircon filter, nawala yung amoy. every year recommended yata to change yung filter sabi ng manual ng FD.

napansin ko after 6 months lang itim na yung originally white filter. ngayon check at linis ko muna at least every 6 months, every year, replace. Di ko na ulit naamoy yung amoy bulok na saging he he.

there are different smells to the aircon. one, smells like the ice tray of a refrigerator that had been off for a time. two, smells like a gym locker room, three, smells like horse crap. if there was a leak of refrigerant (R134a), it would smell like horse dung. if it smells like decaying aluminum, it had condensate sitting in the evaporator housing. best is to repair any leak and clean the drain pan and hose. then, you can use an ionizer or ozone deodorizer plugged into the cigarette lighter for at least two hours

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Guys, I've had that problem din sa Innova ko. What I did was get some coal in a fine net and also some baking soda. Mga 2-3 days, nawala yung maisim na amoy. I place it under the driver's seat.
    And if you're the adventurous kind, some say sliced onions attract all kinds of bacteria within an enclosed space. You'll know it's working when it suddenly turns dark in color when left usually overnight. I-despose daw agad yun sibuyas at puno yun ng bacteria.
    I haven't tried the latter pero if you're really desperate...so I can not guarantee it... baka kasi ang next problem naman eh onion smelling naman rides natin...
    Hope this helps...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Speaking of Innova, di ko pa naexperienced na mag-amoy panis ang cabin since I always use both front and rear aircon at the same time in tandem even if I'm alone. Mahaba ang Innova so if your front is cold and your rear is not then cabin condesation will occur on the rear specially when you are driving on hot sunny day, molds and bacteria will emit that musty damp cloth smell.

What I experienced was foul smell from my previous car freshner, what I did was just wash the cabin filter and the foul smell was gone.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    there are different smells to the aircon. one, smells like the ice tray of a refrigerator that had been off for a time. two, smells like a gym locker room, three, smells like horse crap. if there was a leak of refrigerant (R134a), it would smell like horse dung. if it smells like decaying aluminum, it had condensate sitting in the evaporator housing. best is to repair any leak and clean the drain pan and hose. then, you can use an ionizer or ozone deodorizer plugged into the cigarette lighter for at least two hours
    Just make sure you're not in the car if you're using an ozone generator - ozone can damage your lungs.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Im also currently experiencing this on my 2012 innova... *#%&

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Did you by any chance leave food?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No i haven't... it smells every time I turn on the AC then disappears in a minute or 2 it started at the 2nd row AC, now both front and back AC's stinks when turned on for the first time... I think it comes from the inside the AC itself... I have used so many vehicles before, this is the 1st time i've experience this..., been turning on and off the AC the same way like our other vehicles so I don't think turning it off 3-5 mins before turning off the engine will help... but ived tried it anyway, and nothings changed. xD

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    Just make sure you're not in the car if you're using an ozone generator - ozone can damage your lungs.
    and that is exactly what these cigarette ionizers generate: very small amounts of ozone. "amoy ng kuryente", 'ika nga.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    visit liquidintelligence115.com.au for your aircon stench woes. there are other brands available too

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Mabahong A/C, what do you think is the problem?