New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mabaho and aircon ko specially sa back (Innova G ang car ko), what do you think is the problem?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sabi dun sa commercial, "pag may amoy, may germs!"

lysol, 2 types. lysol antibacteria and lysol anti-mold/mildew. on mo a/c at full fan speed then spray the 2 types of lysol at the aircon evaporator (fan suction side ha). then turn off, open doors/windows under the sun to remove lysol smell. pag di pa din makuha e recommended for cleaning na yang evaporator mo sir.

you can also try buying an air ionizer, but don't use it everyday as it generates ozone to kill off bacteria in the air. ozone is bad for your health kasi. i use mine once a week only, and only for a few minutes before i turn off the engine at night para mababad yung air sa car with ozone at madedo lahat ng bacteria dun sa loob.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    sabi dun sa commercial, "pag may amoy, may germs!"

lysol, 2 types. lysol antibacteria and lysol anti-mold/mildew. on mo a/c at full fan speed then spray the 2 types of lysol at the aircon evaporator (fan suction side ha). then turn off, open doors/windows under the sun to remove lysol smell. pag di pa din makuha e recommended for cleaning na yang evaporator mo sir.

you can also try buying an air ionizer, but don't use it everyday as it generates ozone to kill off bacteria in the air. ozone is bad for your health kasi. i use mine once a week only, and only for a few minutes before i turn off the engine at night para mababad yung air sa car with ozone at madedo lahat ng bacteria dun sa loob.
    my Innova is just a month old so, maybe it does not need evaporator cleaning yet. But regarding spraying lysol at "the aircon evaporator (fan suction side)", where is that? Sorry sa question, newbie land po.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Unfortunately, this seems to be a common problem with Toyotas nowadays. Yan din problem ng latest Camry and some IMV vehicles, though not all.

The culprit, as it was found out, is that fungi and bacteria somehow thrives and retains itself (because they multiply) inside the aircon system, probably caused by a design fault.

Lysol will kill them though I am not sure what effect it will have on you as passengers when you inhale it, it being a poisonous substance.

Try going to your Toyota dealer (though don't expect much as they are known to have really bad AFTERsales service, basically because you're stuck with them while you have your "T" car).

Good luck.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thought about the Camry A/C problem too. Must be a design fault if the Innova has this problem.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Seems like this is a common problem:

What's That Smell??
    by Vincent Ciulla
    for About.com
    In the last few weeks I have received a few letters asking me how to get rid of the smell coming from the air conditioning vents. This has become an increasingly common complaint. It seems that this type of complaint is coming from owners of late model cars and almost always cars with R-134 systems.

This is not a new problem; it's been around ever since there have been air conditioners in cars. But if this is an age-old problem, why is it becoming more common? Before we can figure out how to get rid of that smell, we have to understand what's causing it. The origin of the smell is caused by fungus, bacteria and other microbes growing inside the evaporator core. The moisture-laden environment is very conducive to the growth of these organisms.

As automakers downsize components to save space and weight, this problem has been increased. Because the automakers made the evaporator smaller, the added more fins and packed them closer together to increase the efficiency of the evaporator. While this has made the evaporator more efficient, it has also made it more prone to trap moisture that contributes to the growth of these organisms.

source: http://autorepair.about.com/cs/heati.../aa071601a.htm

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hmmm, masubukan nga ang lysol.

Sir MR, yung Clean N Coat mentioned in the link you provided, would you know if available yun locally?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    It could be that there's still some water that failed to drain off from the evaporator. Try turning off the compressor switch a few minutes before you turn off the aircon.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    hello! i have the same problem with my new jazz. kasi something smells sa aircon ko. last tuesday after i got the car sa office parking and turned on the aircon, may certain smell na lang siya which i still can't figure out hanggang ngayon. at first i think it smelled like gas. as in di nawawala and the smell stays inside the car pa. i had it bought sa honda kaso weird yung service dun, wala naman daw amoy at parang bago naman. baka kasi naka-on na yung aircon nung inamoy nila. normally kasi malakas ang smell when you open the aircon after it has been parked. ginawa nila nilagyan na lang daw ng baking soda. i didn't know how they did it since si bf ang nagdala ng car. kaso may amoy pa rin eh. though di na ganon kalakas as before, pero it still smells when turning on the aircon.

may leak kaya? or talagang may madumi lang ang evaporator or something? di ko pa nadadala sa service center ulit since wala kong time. what i do now is turn it full fan for 2 minutes before i turn off the engine. bukas din windows para lumabas amoy. tingnan ko siguro progress sa weekend kung mawawala dahil di na ganon kalakas ang smell like the first time. meron pa rin pero nawawala mga after 30mins. i'm just not sure if i should really have it checked dahil baka it might cause more problems later on.

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    Sa AVANZA namin maasim ang amoy pag on ng fan pero pag on na pati compressor nawawala naman... kung matagal na nakaon both then off ko compressor... aamoy pa rin sa fan...

tried lysol antibacteria, inispray ko sa me ilalim ng driver at passenger side (dun po ba yung fan suction side?)

pag spray ba ng lysol dapat both nakaon ang fan at compressor? ginagawa ko po kc todo fan tapos off compressor... spray ako sa ilalim then close ko pinto ng car then iwan ko running yung fan for about 2-3 minutes saka ko ioff na ang makina...

kaso kinabukasan ganun pa rin po... maasim pa rin ang amoy galing sa fan...

sabi ng kaofficemate ko baka daw konti na yung freon (freon nga po ba yun?)... eh 7 months pa lang po ang avanza namin eh...

pano po ba maaalis to?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Mabahong A/C, what do you think is the problem?