New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, where do you buy heat shields for the intake and cone-type filters? Anybody here had experience on this on their cone filters?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most of the people I know with those on had them fabricated. Simota has a cone type model with a heatshield, if you're interested in changing the whole thing.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    try contacting this number 09198339014, look for ms. grace sebanes, they are fabricating heat shields, maybe they can help you! :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I used to have a cone type K&N w/o heat shield. I didn't notice any improvement over the stock airbox other than the added noise so I replaced it with a shielded type from ProCarParts. Then I went one step further by routing a flexible aluminum duct from the filter to the back of the headlights. Throttle response was improved considerably. The verdict: Cold air helps!:wink:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the input guys! :D
    Yo jorebo, I also have my filter behind the headlights, problem is mine is made of stainless steel. So I really have to use heat shields to lessen the heat my intake is conducting

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys

factor din ba ung climate natin?sometimes...i noticed improved acceleration (although 1.3 lang car ko) pag malamig sa labas...ganun ba tlga?

may way ba para makakuha ng cold air ung car ko?

e w/o changing ung air filter set ko?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by meleagant8
    guys

factor din ba ung climate natin?sometimes...i noticed improved acceleration (although 1.3 lang car ko) pag malamig sa labas...ganun ba tlga?

8) Yes. Cold air is denser than hot air. More air (with more fuel) will give you quicker acceleration. I don't know what your ride is, but there are ways to get cold outside air to your intake. There are aftermarket CAI systems that replaces your stock intake or to save money, you can brainstorm something, maybe a ducting that will route outside air to you filter. I did mine with a flexible aluminum AC ducting from a hardware store.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jorebo
    Quote Originally Posted by meleagant8
    guys

8) Yes. Cold air is denser than hot air. More air (with more fuel) will give you quicker acceleration. I don't know what your ride is, but there are ways to get cold outside air to your intake. There are aftermarket CAI systems that replaces your stock intake or to save money, you can brainstorm something, maybe a ducting that will route outside air to you filter. I did mine with a flexible aluminum AC ducting from a hardware store.

thanks sir jorebo!

hmm...my car is a lancer el 97 model...1.3 po siya...carb...and i was able to read somewhere na ung carb daw tlga affected ng climate sa labas ng car....

minsan nga im wishing na malamig lagi sa labas....hehe....

paano po ung ginawa nyo?

sensya na po ha,....im just new to cars so nagaaral pa ako...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meleagant8,

by "cold air", di ibig sabihin na malamig na air neccesarily as in malamig yung climate... basta cooler air than the usual hot air around the exhaust manifold and engine. usually yung stock air intake malapit sa engine and high up near the hood where the air is warmest.

you can extend the air intake by fabricating custom ducting and moving the opening away from the engine where the air is cooler. yung iba, pababa yung intake, bumper level na yung intake nila... but this isn't good for our floods pag extended yung intake like that, you'll notice a slight gain in power (depending on how restricted the stock intake was compared to the new setup) in any climate and ambient temperature.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    meleagant8,

by "cold air", di ibig sabihin na malamig na air neccesarily as in malamig yung climate... basta cooler air than the usual hot air around the exhaust manifold and engine. usually yung stock air intake malapit sa engine and high up near the hood where the air is warmest.

you can extend the air intake by fabricating custom ducting and moving the opening away from the engine where the air is cooler. yung iba, pababa yung intake, bumper level na yung intake nila... but this isn't good for our floods pag extended yung intake like that, you'll notice a slight gain in power (depending on how restricted the stock intake was compared to the new setup) in any climate and ambient temperature.

i see...thanks po sir mbt....hmm....so ano po kaya magandang gawin kung hindi down pipe ung gagawin ko?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
heat shield for intake