New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    thanks pre ... tama masubukan nga sa malugay (damay ko na evangelista) area. negative tlaga ko sa banawe eh.

hope they have plastic heat shields.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ask ko lang po, yung K&N na airfilter for stock, yung square, ok ba yun gamitin?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...actually, there was this guy sa GT forum na nag DIY ng heat shield. he used a plastic flower pot na may cover na nabibili sa mga hardware, cut it in half, painted it black then voila... a heat shield.

...problema ko ngayon di ako makakita ng flower pot na sasakto sa cone filter ko.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's not a bad idea, actually... limits the fabrication you have to do to merely cutting and fastening the box to the engine bay around the filter.

RE: that question about whether a heat shield is effective on the cone inside the engine bay?

Heat shields like the Simota stainless heat shield produce a noticeable difference in daytime driving, but if you sit in traffic long enough, your engine will still suffer from heat soak (something that rarely happens with a stock intake and stock exhaust manifold).

Heat shield boxes like the one your friend made, or the ones available from K&N are much better, but still not as good as full-on CAI assemblies... of course, CAIs are dangerous here in the Philippines... I've seen one dude blow an engine accidentally while using that "intercooler-look" bumper level CAI...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Meron po gumagawa ng custom heat shields?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by briancimafranca View Post
    Meron po gumagawa ng custom heat shields?

check mo sa Profab...Profab - Home | Facebook

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
heat shield for intake