New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depende sa heat shield set up mo. Have you visited this site?:

http://www.geocities.com/stutzedward/Cold_Air_Intake.html

it was a proton car (same engine ng mitsu siguro) na nilagyan ng DIY CAI.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this one is a good read:

http://www.hondalife.com/articles/intaketech.htm

check it out.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tnx jorebo

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by silverA31
    Quote Originally Posted by coolrolla
    8) [color=blue][b]tanong lang po.....hindi po ba useless yung heatshield?....kasi kahit papano mainit parin sa loob ng engine compartment.....at the same time medjo restricted yung paghigop ng air...coz nakaharang yung heatshield compared to open cone intake.......
    Yo coolrolla, there are heat shields that are not restrictive Their purpose is to barricade the filter from the hot engine bay A good example is the one made by K&N and not Simota. Saw it at Super Street mag and it isn't restrictive at all. It is actually good for filters situated at the back of the headlights Try to look it up at K&N's website
    tnx sa info dude :wink: :wink:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ozcity
    i had once a crazy idea of re-routing one of the aircon hose to the
    cai system...pwede kaya yun??
    With the compressor running, it'll take more HP from your engine than what you'll gain from the cooler intake air.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sarap kasi magpaandar ng kotse (kahit 1.3 lang) kapag malamig sa labas...ganda ng andar eh....hehe....parang di sakal ung engine....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This thread's back from the dead! Hehe!

How about if the cone has a heat shield pero it still sucks the air from inside the engine bay, will the heat shield be any good?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    buhayin ko lang po ...

anyone know where i can look for heatshield? been to banawe last weekend and had no luck. there was a store that was selling a heatshield but kasama ung filter (i already have one). walang nagbebenta ng shield lang.

any advice guys?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...pasabit na rin, baka meron may alam dito sa south area na kaya mag-fabricate.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by geode
    buhayin ko lang po ...

anyone know where i can look for heatshield? been to banawe last weekend and had no luck. there was a store that was selling a heatshield but kasama ung filter (i already have one). walang nagbebenta ng shield lang.

any advice guys?
    nabili ko noon itong sa akin sa isang car access. shop dito sa Pasong Tamo....unfortunately nagsara na sya (Poorboy's na ngayon)...my civic uses K&N filter pero pang Simota yang heat shield na nabili ko...try mo sa Autoline at sa mga shops sa Malugay St., Makati

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
heat shield for intake