New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by banawe View Post
    usually i recommend putting coolant in the reservior ... not in the radiator ... because usually coolant make your radiator rust ... so i think it is ideal to put it in the resevior not in the tank itself

hope this helps ... based on my experience

BANAWE AUTO SUPPLY
    regy
    this is what I do, coolant in the reservoir not in the radiator

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Check your manual.

Usually the brand doesn't matter so much as long as it contains Ethelyne Glycol (for most vehicles)

If you are brand conscious, use the bigger name brands.

For our situation, it's mixed 50% coolant and 50% distilled water.

This goes into the radiator and the reservoir.

Distilled water is preferred is it does not have impurities that can cause corrosion in your radiator.

Hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    ^^^ Tap water kasi has hard minerals, especially calcium, kaya madaling magkaroon ng scales ang radiator.
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Best to use distilled water. Tap water and mineral water contain impurities that can cause rust and scale formation inside your radiator.
    thanks dami talagang natutunan dito sa tsikot

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    sirs,

tanong lang po:

i bought my ride po as 2nd hand e kya i plan to DIY draining my radiator and replacing it with new coolant / distilled water mix, how do i do it?

for example ,do i mix the 50% coolant and 50% distilled water on another container and mixing it first OR do i add the 50%distilled water first on the radiator and i add the 50%coolant on top of it?tska mga sir any idea kung ilang liters ang radiator ng Galant 7G?

tska when draining the radiator any tips to look out in doing so?recommended b n tangalin and palinis muna radiator before filling it with the new mixture?any idea if how much?(2nd hand kc kya just want to make sure )

*sir mbiege how to find the drainage ng coolant sa block?

regards po sa lhat ng fellow tsikoters and more power to you guys

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I have VA - 012 Plus Vaico Brand Coolant for all types of cars (European, American and Japanese Cars). Made and packed in Germany. The color is Purple/violet. The coolant is Silicate Free and Nitrite-amin-phosphate-free. It also meets the G12 requirements of the Volkswagen Engine. 1 bottle is 1.5 Liters.

Text or call me at 09177448113 if you're interested.

Thanks.

Jay C.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ako i used prestone coolant mix with wilkins distilled water

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by threx666 View Post
    sirs,

*sir mbiege how to find the drainage ng coolant sa block?

regards po sa lhat ng fellow tsikoters and more power to you guys
    It depends on the car. You could make a new thread about it. I'm just familiar with my type of engine for my w123 300D that has a block drainage for the coolant. Maybe others have it, maybe not. In case you have one in your car it's good to have it drained there.

Just don't go about removing nuts and bolts...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    for example ,do i mix the 50% coolant and 50% distilled water on another container and mixing it first OR do i add the 50%distilled water first on the radiator and i add the 50%coolant on top of it?tska mga sir any idea kung ilang liters ang radiator ng Galant 7G?

tska when draining the radiator any tips to look out in doing so?recommended b n tangalin and palinis muna radiator before filling it with the new mixture?any idea if how much?(2nd hand kc kya just want to make sure )

any ideas about this mga sir?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    just add coolant first then distilled water, both will be mixed inside after you've run the engine..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    salamat po sir BlueBimmer,

follow up lang po any idea kung me nakakalam kung ilan liters ang laman ng Galant 97?

dami salamat po uli

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Coolant...