New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    1. Mga Peeps Ask Ko Lang What Brand Ng Coolantang The Best Yet Affordable?
    2. Pati Ba Sa Water Reservior, Coolant Din Ang Ilalagay?

prestone coolant concentrate is still the best..50-90% dillution to manila pure(cheapest distilled water) is good

premixed coolant (no need to add weter, just pour nalang) is cheaper: 250/2 or 4 liters yung prestone premixed sa ace..

pero kung titipid ka: manila pure distilled water--wala pang 50 pesos ang 6 liters...

be sure na totally flush mo muna system mo to remove loose rust...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    prestone coolant concentrate is still the best..50-90% dillution to manila pure(cheapest distilled water) is good

premixed coolant (no need to add weter, just pour nalang) is cheaper: 250/2 or 4 liters yung prestone premixed sa ace..

pero kung titipid ka: manila pure distilled water--wala pang 50 pesos ang 6 liters...

be sure na totally flush mo muna system mo to remove loose rust...
    50 %Caltex - longlife + 50% distilled water

radiator & reservoir.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I used the Toyota pre-mix coolant at P260/2 liters tapos wilkins distilled water sa reservoir

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    OT: bros, kailangan ba talaga distilled water gamitin? even with our previous cars, nakikita ko dad ko ginagamit tap water lang so ganun din ginagawa ko...

Back to topic: i also use prestone (in big yellow container)

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ^^^ Tap water kasi has hard minerals, especially calcium, kaya madaling magkaroon ng scales ang radiator. Unlike distilled. Although kung tipid mode ka, ok lang din ang tap water.

Personally, I use Castrol coolant and Absolute distilled water.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Zero View Post
    OT: bros, kailangan ba talaga distilled water gamitin? even with our previous cars, nakikita ko dad ko ginagamit tap water lang so ganun din ginagawa ko...

Back to topic: i also use prestone (in big yellow container)

Best to use distilled water. Tap water and mineral water contain impurities that can cause rust and scale formation inside your radiator.

I just use prestone premixed coolant.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    soon we'll have Purple Ice, it's a coolant additive that increases the bond of water thereby increasing the threshold before it boils.

similar to redlines water wetter.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    soon we'll have Purple Ice, it's a coolant additive that increases the bond of water thereby increasing the threshold before it boils.

similar to redlines water wetter.
    I was reading the first part when I thought it probably is a wetting agent, and then you mentioned water wetter

On some cars there's a drainage for the coolant on the block. When flushing the old coolant fluid out it's best to also drain it using the block drain so you get all the old stuff out. Just a heads up.

Those with factory heaters also benefit from running the heater full blast for 10 minutes after filling it with plain distilled water to flush out any remaining fluid. Then drain all the fluid out and pour a pre-mixed solution of the coolant of your choice and distilled water.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    this is the coolant found in the market today

prestone ... we have the concentrated and we have the ready to you kind ... the price of concentrated is i think about 140 for the 500ml and the ready to use is about 110 also 500ml or was it 300ml .... well anyways cheap but nice brands to use in coolant of cars

quaker - other ready to use ... cheap 90 and its in a easy to open can ... so one use only

also whiz coolant - same concept ...

toyota is also i very nice brand ... its also caltex made ... but in toyota package for those who does know

absolute distilled water is recommended since less impurities and higher boiling point since i think more oxidized is the term

usually i recommend putting coolant in the reservior ... not in the radiator ... because usually coolant make your radiator rust ... so i think it is ideal to put it in the resevior not in the tank itself

hope this helps ... based on my experience

BANAWE AUTO SUPPLY
    regy

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Coolant...