New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Good Day fellow tsikoteers! Just want to ask for advice regarding a big problem I encountered with my Lancer GSR. I'l make this short:
    Last week, I had problems with my aircon, parang di na sya lumalamig. Last Sunday, I was in Alabang so I decided to bring my car to Wings West Alabang Motortown to have my aircon looked at. At first they said my aircon needs cleaning and charging of freon so I said OK. An hour later they said the car was OK, I paid my bills and before leaving it seems the aircon was still not fixed so they take a look again at my car. Almost an hour later, parang di nila makita yun problem sa aircon so they decided to create a new relay, I think for the compressor. I asked them "kung OK lang yun" and they said it was OK, it took them another 20-30 mins and they said its now OK. It seems the aircon was working so I initially thought the aircon was fixed.

Sunday evening, I drove from Muntinlupa to Sta. Rosa and found out that the temperature was climbing and a few minutes later my car stopped sa Expressway, my car overheated. Good thing I'm about to exit the Binan/Carmona Tollgate when the engine stopped, and since I bought my car I never had overheating problems with it. I let the engine cool and since malapit na ako sa bahay I decided to drive the car moderately. Was able to get back home and Monday morning I checked the car and naubos na ang tubig ng radiator and Coolant, oil still looks OK. I filled the radiator with water and drive the car to the nearest repair shop here in Sta Rosa. Upon inspection, the major damage only was the water pump, thermostat valve and head gasket, minor repairs were radiator cleaning. I also asked the shop to repair the aircon bec. it seems the problem came from the "relay" that Wings West did. The mechanic told me that the problem indeed came from the aircon relay they did (Wings West) and it seems the compressor weren't going automatic (not sure what that means) and it added load to the car which in turn led to the overheat problems.

My initial concern is, what compensation can I ask with Wings West since they were the cause of the overheating? I think at least, I deserve a refund, what do you guys think?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Compensation? I doubt it...they'll just deny that it was their fault and since pinagalaw mo na sa iba mas meron an sila deniability

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I see, thanks for the reply Sir Shadow. I really don't have any choice since I can't bring my car to Alabang, its just too far and I'm afraid that I'll overheat on the way since I'll be coming from Sta. Rosa. How about a refund? They didn't fixed the aircon and actually brought me more problems

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    bring an action sa small claims court, here you no longer need a lawyer

first ask for a refund pag ayaw file ka ng damages sa small claims court

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    tinignan ba kung bakit naubos ang tubig?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    sayang naman engine, nag -overheat dahil sa hulaan portion sa wing west.
    kung malapit ka sa may asia brewery, meron a/c dun kay cooltime. maayos kausap si dodie.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    another case of guess and hope system. try to guess the problem and hope you fixed it
    as always, the sequence is concern, cause, correction, confirm.

in short:
    1-interview the driver, ask pertinent questions
    2-make measurements and digitize results, e.g. engine vacuum in inches of mercury at idle speed, pressure of the suction side at idle speed and at what ambient temperature
    3-make adustments, repairs, replace worn out or time change parts, service with the correct fluids
    4-make measurements again comparing the before and after results

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it's a case of one guy saying the other guy was wrong, with no solid evidence to back it up. i think you'll spend less if you list it under experience costs and pay for the repairs yourself...
    ano bang ginawa nung naunang siraniko? kinabit yung auxiliary fan sa compressor? pagpatay ng compressor, patay rin ang aux fan?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kwekmiester View Post
    I see, thanks for the reply Sir Shadow. I really don't have any choice since I can't bring my car to Alabang, its just too far and I'm afraid that I'll overheat on the way since I'll be coming from Sta. Rosa. How about a refund? They didn't fixed the aircon and actually brought me more problems
    Lessons learned na lang Sir. mas maganda stick to the original design at ayusin kung ano yung problem. Hindi yung gagawan ng paraan para tumakbo.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for the reply guys, first of all just want to update that my car is fixed now. First of all for clarification, di po ako yun gumawa ng sarili kong aircon, ang unang gumawa ng aircon ko is a known shop in Alabang Motortown - Wings West. Since na acquire ko yun sasakyan ko, never sya nag overheat not even when I drive my car to Camsur (9-10 hr drive) a few years ago. Nag overheat lang sya nun last Sunday bec. of the "fix" na ginawa ng Wings West.

The main cause of problem is the relay na ginawa ng "seraniko" ng Wings West. According sa South Rides Sta Rosa (shop na pinagdalhan ko ng sasakyan after mag overheat), di daw nag "automatic" ang compressor because of the relay which led to the overheating. Total cost of repairs due to the overheating cost me around 7k for the Water Pump, Cylinder Head Gasket and Thermostat Valve, no other major damage (Thank Goodness) pero umabot sa 15k+ dahil pinasama ko na ang Radiator Cleaning at Aircon Cleaning & Repair and other minor repairs like Power Window problems etc.

*andrew_28 Asia Brewery, san part po to sir sa Sta Rosa? I'll keep this in mind in case that I'll need future aircon repairs

*victorevolution Thanks for the advice Sir, I'm really planning to ask for refund. In fact tinawagan ko na ang Wings West and they asked me to come over to discuss and take a look at my car, of course I'll ask for a Refund bec. di naman nila nagawa yun sasakyan even though I paid for the service.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast