New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Nagpakabit ako kahapon SG xg 20 sides and rear tapos xg 35 full front.

Okay naman lapat, concern lang is parang brown ang shade pag tinignan ung sasakyan from sides, ganun kaya talaga pag bagong lagay o ganun talag ung tint?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    magbabago pa yan sir..

Quote Originally Posted by dwade View Post
    Nagpakabit ako kahapon SG xg 20 sides and rear tapos xg 35 full front.

Okay naman lapat, concern lang is parang brown ang shade pag tinignan ung sasakyan from sides, ganun kaya talaga pag bagong lagay o ganun talag ung tint?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    magbabago pa yan sir..
    Thanks sir. Mga gaano po katagal kelangan hintayin para magsubside un brown shade?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hello, nag pa tint ako ng solargard sa RICH Cars sa banawe, 6k for my starex 01 model quantum 14 pinalagay ko sa lahat ng windows. Mura na ba sa 6k yun? TY

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I recommend the Solargard branch along Santolan for those in the Mandaluyong/Quezon City area. You can also get a massage in the nearby Spas while waiting for the tinting to be finished in their air-con tinting area/lounge. Or you can just hangout there and watch/supervise the entire tinting process. Price is reasonable and since they are official distributors you know you got the real deal.

check out the solargard website: Glass Tinting | Autoglass Tinting | Solar Gard Window Film

Oddly enough the HP Supreme 10 has a lower Energy Rejection than the HP Charcoal 13. So go with the HP Charcoal if you are okay with metalized tint since it has better energy rejection. Though some have no issues with reception I just went with Dyed tint to be safe.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Called up the Santolan branch. The one answering is a "rose". Quite reticent with my inquires. Seem quite confusing also.

I seem to get more info from tsikot boards than from calling them up.

I already use solargard on my other vehicle since 2006. They just call it "super black" for side and rear ; magic super black for front. Front is a quantum bec. its "100% quantum sputtured".

So far based on this thread, there seem to be three kinds of Solargard available: Quantum, HP Charcoal and Supreme. She mentions XL? something?

Quantum and HP charcoal, have close heat rejection numbers (quantum slight edge). So which is tint give the best of both worlds (heat rejection , privacy, night and heavy rain driving)

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    So far based on this thread, there seem to be three kinds of Solargard available: Quantum, HP Charcoal and Supreme. She mentions XL? something?

Quantum and HP charcoal, have close heat rejection numbers (quantum slight edge). So which is tint give the best of both worlds (heat rejection , privacy, night and heavy rain driving)
    I think the XL (or was it XG?) is the lower priced variety, though still better than US Gila. The HP Supreme, Charcoal and Quantum you can get all at the same price.

The HP Quantum will give you most if not all of what you specified... the only caution there is with the looks. You may or may not like the mirror like look of the HP Quantum. Next would be the HP Charcoal. It has almost the same TSER (heat rejection) as the HP Quantum as you mentioned minus the mirror effect. It has higher TSER though than the HP Supreme and has a nice shiny look to it too. The Charcoal NR is the non-reflective so probably has the matte look. I am using the HP Charcoal 22 for the front, and 13 for sides and rear and it's still no problem driving at night. Daytime, it do afford some privacy but maybe not as well as the super black (#6). Maybe you can do it 22 front and rear, and 6 on the side. Take this as a base reference for when you go there, as they do have samples plastered on their glass door, as to whether to go super black or a bit lighter.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Solargard Tagalog website
    The tagalog website has some products that are not listed in the US website since not all tints are allowed in the US.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    mga sir! curious lang po, nagpakabit ako ng solargard medium black sa sides and rear and medium neutral sa front windshield. just want to know kung ang medium black ba is 30 visible light transmittance? at yung medium neutral is 35... medyo malabo na mata ko specially when driving at night kaya kahit medium neutral yung front ko eh nadidiliman pa ako. any suggestions po na tint lighter than medium neutral? thanks

10. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Ok yung solargard hp charcoal. Hindi mainit sa loob ng kotse kahit maaraw sa labas.

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Solarguard Tint