New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Had the car tinted with HP10s para same shade as the casa medium blacks.

Also got the clear-ish windshield tint claimed to have ~50% heat rejection.

Left the car in the sun - parang pareho lang. Instead of scorching hot, it's just very hot. Small difference though.

Might stick with stock 3M tints next time if I don't choose vkool instead.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    guys just want to know, do all original windshield of cars come with a special tint already or not? the reason im asking is that i have a friend that had to replace his windshield after it suffered a crack. he replaced it with a windshield from agila class producers... and since then he noticed that it was getting really hot, that he eventually decide to have the windshield fully tinted..

by the way guys his ride is a starex. i also have one but i kept telling him that i dont feel the heat as much as he did on his van.. eventually i rode on his van one time and then i noticed that it was indeed hotter than on my van..

later on i was wondering what could be the difference,, as my van only had the top part tinted..then i came across the writing on my windshield that says 75% transparency,, goin around my van i noticed its 70% tranparency on the other windows..

back to my question,, it this standard on all cars?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    usually kasi medyo solar glass ang windshield ng Hyundai

yung Tucson ko naman Solar Glass yung sunroof.

yung Genesis Coupe naman Solar Glass lahat ng windows

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    thank you sir.. was wondering lang talaga.. how bout the other cars?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    gamit ko auto for almost the whole day today, ginabi na ng uwi tapos lakas pa ng ulan...

aprub visibility ng Solargard!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    i agree with the feedback here, mabilis lumamig yung aircon even if its hot outside... it also carried a 5-year warranty...

never been happier with car tints...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Up ko lang tong Solargard thread...

Ano kaya mas magandang variant? HP or XG? I noticed the former has a glossy effect while the latter has the deeper black shade.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yung HP ata yung Quantum?

Medyo mirror effect siya. Ganun ginamit ko sa Optra, ganda naman. Ganun din ata nasa FD mo diba?

XG naman yung pure black shade, kung sa Corolla Altis, dun ako sa XG

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Yung HP ata yung Quantum?

Medyo mirror effect siya. Ganun ginamit ko sa Optra, ganda naman. Ganun din ata nasa FD mo diba?

XG naman yung pure black shade, kung sa Corolla Altis, dun ako sa XG

Yup yung HP series pala under sa kanya both Quantum and yung Charcoal... the XG is yung black shade.

I chose the HP Charcoal for the Altis kase meron siyang feature na mas optimized yung visibility mo compared dun isang pinagpipilian na XG... I was able to compare kase meron dun SG Limousine na naka XG and Strada with Charcoal, e I liked the latter due to the noticeable difference sa visibility... in the end para naring black shade ang dating.

just to add I talked to a fella named Alex sa shop nagpapatint nung FD niya, pinalagay is yung LX series film, clear siya with a slight hint of green... ang presyo? over 20k!!! pantapat daw ng SG sa VKool (I've read ire-relaunch yung VK thru Autohub group as official distributor here in PHL)

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    pinalagyan ko solargard tint van namin last week sa solagard alabang. so far ok naman ang experience ko sa tint.

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Solarguard Tint