New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Benefits of glass polishing:

1. Removes water marks/spots from acid rain, hard water, uneven grits/sediment build up on glass, stains and hard to remove dirt.
    2. Crystal clear glass.
    3. Even surface area which is important to prep for water repelant treatment.

After my endless search for solutions to remove acid rain/water spots from natural and over the counter products, I have finally created a system which is most effective and economical for beginners and experienced cleaners.

Glass Polishing Tutorial Link <---click this link! (Complete with detailed descriptions and photos)

*I find it easier to upload photos on IMGUR rather than here in the forum

Frequently asked questions:

Q: Do I need to use micro fiber cloths for this system?
    A: Not really but Micromagic MF's are very cheap anyway.

Q: How long does your water beading effect last?
    A: Depends on the season and the vehicle's glass...I had one car that still beaded water after a year from application.

Q: How long is this procedure?
    A: I can finish a sedan in 30 mins.

Q: Did you miss the claying procedure?
    A: I have tried both claying and not claying with the system. I found out that ARR removes the grits and evens out the glass surface even without claying. I will just save my clay for my paint detailing instead.

Q: Are you affiliated with Oxychem, Glass Science, Micromagic, etc?
    A: Not at all, I am also not selling any of these. I have posted the contact detail of Oxychem so you can contact them directly.

Q: What benefit do you get from this:
    A: "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs 11:24

The following uses for ARR haven't really been tested if they have adverse effect. Test at your own risk and please share your experience if successful or not:

1. ARR application on side mirrors. I heard that some mirrors are tinted, therefore, not advisable for strong cleaners.
    2. ARR application inside untinted windows.
    3. ARR application on headlights/tail lights.
    4. Leaving ARR on glass surface for more than 1 minute.
    5. ARR application for bath soap stain on shower glass (I actually tried this and ARR doesn't seem to work with bath soap residue on shower glass. I think this product is really designed for hard water and acid rain)

I hope this helps a handful of you guys. I welcome any comments, suggestions or even violent reactions. If you decide to give this system a try, please post your before and after photos
    Cheers to everyone keeping this community alive and productive If anyone knows how to detail paint but lazy to polish their glass, let me do yours and you can detail mine! haha

-Flynn

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    sir bat nde daemn22 handle mo dito?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reserved for updates

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    haha wow you noticed. actually i'm supposed to use daemn22 but i logged in tsikot using my facebook account. now i'm not anonymous tsk tsk :P

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn Siy View Post
    haha wow you noticed. actually i'm supposed to use daemn22 but i logged in tsikot using my facebook account. now i'm not anonymous tsk tsk :P
    hehehe pasensya na sir kung na-expose ko secret identity mo. fellow PD member here.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    haha it's alright :P cheers to pinoydetailing.com :P

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Thanks for sharing Flynn! There's an old Lancer at home that will benefit from this

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Thanks for sharing Sir, tamang tama ito sa long weekend DIY, btw meron ka ding bang ma recommend na solution para sa side mirrors? pwede din ba ito? hirap kasi lalo na pag mahina lang ung ulan ung water beads nakadikit sa side mirror glass.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Accdg to Flynn's tutorial some side mirrors are tinted so proceed with caution

I personally use Microtex Stain Guard on my side mirrors but they didn't have water marks yet. RainX also works well.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Nice one sir.

I have a question though, may Ammonia rin ba yung Elevo Watermark Remover? Medyo strong din amoy nya eh (amoy acid). It's quite effective din only a bit pricier than the Oxychem.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Acid rain removal and glass protection tutorial