New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,938
    #11
    thank you sir for sharing. will try this on weekends.

  2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    289
    #12
    yung mothers brand na waterspot remover mga sir ay mild at ayon sa website ay pwede sa mirrors.its expensive at php599 but better and more effective than glass science na matapang at around php500 din.i did not encounter yung product used by the TS but it sure is a lot cheaper than the two products i tried.

    question lang, di ba nag skip wipers pag nag apply ng products like rain x?

  3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    325
    #13
    Nice tutorial TS. I'm currently using Metal Polish to clean my windows but hated the elbow grease involved. Will give APR a try. Thank you!

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9
    #14
    I plan to edit some details of this thread, would anyone of you know how to edit? I can't find this feature.

    *manilablock: I haven't tried this on my side mirror and I heard that some are tinted as mentioned. You can research online regarding your side mirror in particular but if you're willing to take a risk, try applying on a small portion and see if there is any adverse effect. Another option is to dillute this to 50% with water and gradually increasing to your liking. Alternatively, I just use a glass cleaner for my side mirror since mine doesn't have much water marks. Please share your results if you do try it out.

    *Chickselog: I think I've tried that before. If you smell the product, you can sense it's strength. Amonia has a very distinct strong odor..which is why amonia inhalant is used in movies to wake up people Good morning ammonia. - YouTube. I would think Elevo has amonia but in diluted form since it did not work well for me. This ARR may be stronger since it easily dissolves acid rain marks and build up sediments. When applied on the glass, you can see some smoke over the haze :P

    *Flip: Treating with rain repelant after the removal of acid rain prevents the skipping of wipers. Also run your fingers along the wiper blades and see if it's still smooth. You can always change your blades if this is the cause of the problem.

  5. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6
    #15
    mga bossing UP ko lang po tong thread which I do believe very informative and solution wise pag dating sa glass care

    i'm planning to have this activity during this holiday break. kaso lang up to now wala pa din akong AAR on hand. Me alam po ba kayong malapit sa Pasay na distributor nitong product?

    Maraming salamat in advance..

  6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,641
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn Siy View Post
    I plan to edit some details of this thread, would anyone of you know how to edit? I can't find this feature.

    *manilablock: I haven't tried this on my side mirror and I heard that some are tinted as mentioned. You can research online regarding your side mirror in particular but if you're willing to take a risk, try applying on a small portion and see if there is any adverse effect. Another option is to dillute this to 50% with water and gradually increasing to your liking. Alternatively, I just use a glass cleaner for my side mirror since mine doesn't have much water marks. Please share your results if you do try it out.

    *Chickselog: I think I've tried that before. If you smell the product, you can sense it's strength. Amonia has a very distinct strong odor..which is why amonia inhalant is used in movies to wake up people Good morning ammonia. - YouTube. I would think Elevo has amonia but in diluted form since it did not work well for me. This ARR may be stronger since it easily dissolves acid rain marks and build up sediments. When applied on the glass, you can see some smoke over the haze :P

    *Flip: Treating with rain repelant after the removal of acid rain prevents the skipping of wipers. Also run your fingers along the wiper blades and see if it's still smooth. You can always change your blades if this is the cause of the problem.
    Bawal na po mag-edit ng previous posts sir as far as I know. Maybe you can request the mods to edit it for you, or make a word file or a pdf file like what doc did on his "Tamang OC lang" detailing guide hehe. I agree on the strength of Elevo. I use it kapag sobrang kapal na talaga ng watermarks since it saves me time. Just don't forget to wash the glass thoroughly to get rid of the acid.

    Depende rin sa type ng wiper kung magsskip sya or hindi. Based on personal experience, yung OEM NWB wiper ko which the car came out with, didn't judder even once on a Glass Science Glass Scrub + Rain Clear combo. But when I switched to Mitutoyo Silicone banana wipers, nagjjudder kapag matagal na nagddrive sa ulan or matagal nang basa yung salamin. Now, I'm on Microtex Stainz Out + Stain Guard combo on the same set of Mitutoyo wipers, no judders at all.
    Last edited by Chikselog; December 10th, 2012 at 05:50 PM.

  7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,553
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    Bawal na po mag-edit ng previous posts sir as far as I know. Maybe you can request the mods to edit it for you, or make a word file or a pdf file like what doc did on his "Tamang OC lang" detailing guide hehe. I agree on the strength of Elevo. I use it kapag sobrang kapal na talaga ng watermarks since it saves me time. Just don't forget to wash the glass thoroughly to get rid of the acid.

    Depende rin sa type ng wiper kung magsskip sya or hindi. Based on personal experience, yung OEM NWB wiper ko which the car came out with, didn't judder even once on a Glass Science Glass Scrub + Rain Clear combo. But when I switched to Mitutoyo Silicone banana wipers, nagjjudder kapag matagal na nagddrive sa ulan or matagal nang basa yung salamin. Now, I'm on Microtex Stainz Out + Stain Guard combo on the same set of Mitutoyo wipers, no judders at all.

    hi chikselog, will the Stainz Out able to remove makakapal na watermarks like dun sa thread starter?

  8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,937
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by harold13 View Post
    hi chikselog, will the Stainz Out able to remove makakapal na watermarks like dun sa thread starter?
    Wag ka na bumili ng stainz out. Di yan makakatanggal, daig ko pa nagworkout ng arms nung ginamit ko yan pero wala epek.

  9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,795
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    Wag ka na bumili ng stainz out. Di yan makakatanggal, daig ko pa nagworkout ng arms nung ginamit ko yan pero wala epek.
    +1. Ok lang Stainz Out pantanggal ng old Rain-X etc. Kung hand applied kahit may onting abrasives sya aabutin ka malamang ng next year (magiging Popeye pa itsura mo ) Go with Elevo or the acid product Flynn used.

    I have Stainz Out and it worked great on 6-month-old glass na never nabilad ang parking. Followed that with Stain Guard and beading like crazy pa rin.

  10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,641
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by harold13 View Post
    hi chikselog, will the Stainz Out able to remove makakapal na watermarks like dun sa thread starter?
    Matagal makatanggal ng heavy watermarks ang Stainz Out, advisable lang sa light, and almost not visible watermarks. Use Elevo Watermark Remover.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Acid rain removal and glass protection tutorial