New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i guess all new cars today doesn't need to follow break-in procedures.
    my s40 is bone stock.
    volvo sent me the catalogue for the all-new s40 and it looks so good. ryan if you can maybe you coyuld post pics of your volvo.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    thanks for the feedback!

i was going thru the owners manual but couldnt find anything about engine break-in. also, it says there that first check up is 15,000 kms although local Volvo dealer suggest 1st 2000 and every 10,000 after.

hmmm... i wonder who i should follow..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    hi ryan! did you find any Volvo clubs here? hows your S40?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Wow, this is a very old thread na pala! Sorry, but I don't know of any local Volvo clubs.

Actually, my dad already "bought" the S40 from me last year but he left it with me til I get a new car daw. So far so good naman after 4 years. Never gave me any major headache.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Wow, this is a very old thread na pala! Sorry, but I don't know of any local Volvo clubs.

Actually, my dad already "bought" the S40 from me last year but he left it with me til I get a new car daw. So far so good naman after 4 years. Never gave me any major headache.

How about now na 5 years na? Maybe Ok pa but maybe you can share some thoughts or views on what parts needs replacing, what problems to expect from a 5 year old car, which talyer gives good service, and which shop sells vovlo parts at a price lower than competitors.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Sold the S40 a few months ago. The only part that broke down outside of warranty was one of the rear door locks. Had it replaced for about 4k pesos I think.

Overall, my Volvo ownership experience was quite positive except that resale value was quite low.
    Last edited by ryan; April 6th, 2009 at 09:52 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    i guess all new cars today doesn't need to follow break-in procedures.
    my s40 is bone stock.
    volvo sent me the catalogue for the all-new s40 and it looks so good..
    There is no ALL-NEW S40, just a face-lifted one for 2009. It still sports the Peter Horbury body, freshened up by Steve Mattin.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevolvotech View Post
    hi guys, the 40 series here starts in the year 2000 and up. Looks like you guys have earlier models than that. Are those Volvo engines or Mitsubishi engines, because I heard the early ones are.

Quote Originally Posted by rash40 View Post
    ^ yes, mitsu engines 1800cc

So, avoid pre-2000 S/V40 with mitsu engines?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Are there any Volvo clubs dito sa pinas?