New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Ang yabang pa mandin nang mga advertisements ng VW regarding how environmentally friendly their cars are, iyon pala mandaraya.
    In an article, forgot what, the EPA has been noticing that their car emissions are different on the road. The EPA questioned the CEO, who admitted to the software. VW is now in the process of hunting down the brains behind it.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Pasado malamang ang mga classic Beetles sa emissions test....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

27.6K _/_/_/_/_/:oops2:_/_/_/_/_/

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Kung ganito ang kahihiyan ng mga pulitiko natin sa Pilipinas, first world country na siguro tayo matagal na.

http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...n-resigns.html

Pag nainvolve ang isang Company/Government sa scandal:
    Sa ibang bansa - I resign
    Pilipinas - Patunayan nyo sa korte, innocent until proven guilty ako. We have the rule of law. Sinisiraan lang nila ako kasi tatakbo ako sa susunod na eleksyon.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Kung ganito ang kahihiyan ng mga pulitiko natin sa Pilipinas, first world country na siguro tayo matagal na.

http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...n-resigns.html

Pag nainvolve ang isang Company/Government sa scandal:
    Sa ibang bansa - I resign
    Pilipinas - Patunayan nyo sa korte, innocent until proven guilty ako. We have the rule of law. Sinisiraan lang nila ako kasi tatakbo ako sa susunod na eleksyon.
    Iyon kasing itinuro ng mga Tiyuhin nilang "Basta, huwag kang aamin!",- dinala na rin nila sa pulitika.....

T*ngn*ng mga damvh* na iyan!!!

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Ang yabang pa mandin nang mga advertisements ng VW regarding how environmentally friendly their cars are, iyon pala mandaraya.
    They are. Compared to this that almost everyone in the US drives.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1443063853.794975.jpg

I'm sure a 60 mpg TDi golf is more environmentally friendly than a 15 mpg SUVs and trucks. Heck my friend's V10 diesel excursion gets 9 mpg. I even applaud them for doing that at the expense of a small amounts of carbon soot, and in return you get better fuel consumption and more power.

I think the real issue here is that vw blatantly lied and forged about it. That's what gets most americans, being dishonest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Pasado malamang ang mga classic Beetles sa emissions test....

you're probably right.
    the aircooled VW's carburator is very easy to adjust.
    we used to have quite a collection of main jets. very easy..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by car_bore View Post
    They are. Compared to this that almost everyone in the US drives.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1443063853.794975.jpg

I'm sure a 60 mpg TDi golf is more environmentally friendly than a 15 mpg SUVs and trucks. Heck my friend's V10 diesel excursion gets 9 mpg. I even applaud them for doing that at the expense of a small amounts of carbon soot, and in return you get better fuel consumption and more power.

I think the real issue here is that vw blatantly lied and forged about it. That's what gets most americans, being dishonest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Agree. May nabasa ako na ang daming issues ng ibang brand na possible death ang issue. Gaya nung ignition system ng gm, airbag at seat belt ng ibang brand. Etong kay volks wala namang mamamatay. Issue lang talaga na harap harapan ang pagsisinungaling nila

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Nox is a silent killer(in US).

Here in ph, what is visible is essential. The govt wont even care if the working population die sniffing pollutants because the money that sustains the govt comes from abroad.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

in the olden days of the air-cooled VW, VW advertised a conservative km/li figure. users routinely reported higher figures.... even competed amongst themselves for better figures.
    times have changed..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Because pollution control have changed. Those added instruments takes a toll on instrumentation cost,longevity ,vehicle maintenance.

I hate the sound of those old beetle and sakbayans, its not even equipped with ac and the wheel geometry isnt safe.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Volkswagen caught with a cheating software